Epic Pass Refunds

hipo

One off
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2011
here and there
Here you go. Do you need help with the currency conversion as well? :rolleyes:

And where did the cash onhand come from ....
Access to capital markets has been a major driver of Vail Resorts’ strong balance sheet when it comes to cash on hand.

The company borrowed $600 million in April 2020, which will be due in 2025, and another $500 million in December, which will be due in 2026.

Paving the way for the company to take on that debt was a bit of relief Vail Resorts was offered on some of its existing debt, as a group of lenders led by Bank of America granted Vail Resorts a two-year “generous reprieve,” as described by Bloomberg news, on some of the company’s key debt covenants.

“The waiver for Vail Resorts, which extends until January 2022, is one of the longest banks have granted to companies suffering as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic,” Bloomberg reported in April 2020.

And what's it to be used for:
“No doubt, doing something in Japan would have immediate benefit to our connection between Australia, Japan, Canada and the U.S.,” Vail Resorts’ Katz responded.
Barkin said the company’s priorities haven’t changed much in that regard, as Vail Resorts plans to use the cash first to reinvest in the company’s various businesses.

Reactions: Chaeron

JayJee

A new hope
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
And where did the cash onhand come from ....

Who cares? I said that Vail had ~1.8 billion in cash. OP said they didn’t. They do.

Despite the fact storm and the misdirection, that was the extent of the discussion.

Multinationals with billions in the bank should honour their refund policy. And do it in a timely way. It’s not hard.

Reactions: gaz35

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
hmm

people want cheap season passes.
complain that there is not an army of people waiting to deal with extraordinary administrative load.
AFAIK everyone who qualified got their refund last year. follow the process and be patient.

Technically it is not a “refund”. It is a claim on an insurance policy. That is how it was sold.

Does it actually give a time frame for payment in the terms and conditions?

JayJee

A new hope
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
Technically it is not a “refund”. It is a claim on an insurance policy. That is how it was sold.

@robbo mcs it’s not an insurance product. There is no underwriter, no reinsurer, or PDS. Although they probably wish they had one.

It’s a refund policy that they marketed their service on this year. A product claim.

One on which they now appear to be snakey about honouring in some cases if the posts on here and other places such as Facebook are to be believed.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley

some of them say not paid till Oct. I can't recall the details of which ones may be paid earlier

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Im waiting til the end of season. If they dont open we are all entitled to part refunds regardless of days skied.
Screenshot_20210904-232300.png

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
@robbo mcs

One on which they now appear to be snakey about honouring in some cases if the posts on here and other places such as Facebook are to be believed.
I haven't read all of those posts, however are people alleging that Vail is refusing some particular refunds, or just that they are taking their time about it?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Val Desire

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2018
Lindfield NSW
I submitted my claim in July
Still waiting
Why would you apply for a refund on a season pass in July? How did you know, or expect Perisher to know that lockdowns would extend, or end up including NSW regions and mean an effective end of season back then? Genuinely interested to know why people 'called it' on season passes with two months still to run on the core season.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Why would you apply for a refund on a season pass in July? How did you know, or expect Perisher to know that lockdowns would extend, or end up including NSW regions and mean an effective end of season back then? Genuinely interested to know why people 'called it' on season passes with two months still to run on the core season.
The writing was on the wall for Sydney by the end of July.

Reactions: JayJee and GlendaN

antonia1979

Hard Yards
Aug 25, 2014
Adelaide
Charlotte Pass are however infuriating - considering contacting ACCC over their inability to respond to emails...
What happened with CP ? Are they not refunding?

I had a weekend booked in august and had to cancel due to lockdown. I called them in July as soon as lockdown started and they answered first time and then refunded.

Reactions: Schnitzelnschnapps

antonia1979

Hard Yards
Aug 25, 2014
Adelaide
We live in qld and we’re coming down for 12 days
I nominated a week

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Yes and also some families buy the pass for 9 days as it’s cheaper then day tickets
next year we’ll just buy the 7 day pass rather than epic pass
At least with tickets they refund
Which week did you nominate?

gaz35

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2013
Well actually …. Each year, if peruse the forum, there are posts from people worried and asking what to do when the money has not been taken from their credit card when the Epic pass payment was due. There was actually a lot this year. So their system certainly has glitches extracting money from you as well. Same complaints about that as well, unable to contact them, no response to emails etc.
really? Never been my experience. Maybe their credit card had expired. What I do know is that they won't return my emails or phone calls which I find to be disgusting corporate behaviour

gaz35

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2013

timely would be good

JayJee

A new hope
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011

Because on July 14 it was announced that Sydney would be in lockdown > 30 days

Swede

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 3, 2007
Woonona
Put the claim in for our passes 25th Aug and money in the bank 1st Sep and very similar for everyone else I know.
Maybe Gladys need to step in and pay any outstanding claims since she stopped the season and not Perisher ;)

JayJee

A new hope
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
I haven't read all of those posts, however are people alleging that Vail is refusing some particular refunds, or just that they are taking their time about it?

I have heard about both partial refunds and no refunds.

Reactions: GlenH

JayJee

A new hope
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
Put the claim in for our passes 25th Aug and money in the bank 1st Sep and very similar for everyone else I know.
Maybe Gladys need to step in and pay any outstanding claims since she stopped the season and not Perisher ;)

They probably started processing the newest claims first. Sounds about right for those clowns. Or maybe you just got lucky. Who knows.

No need to gaslight the numerous people who haven’t had your experience.

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018

I had a weekend booked in august and had to cancel due to lockdown. I called them in July as soon as lockdown started and they answered first time and then refunded.
I didn’t have the same luck, put a request in later though once they closed so thought this may happen.

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney
They probably started processing the newest claims first. Sounds about right for those clowns. Or maybe you just got lucky. Who knows.

No need to gaslight the numerous people who haven’t had your experience.
Just providing balance, as obviously a lot of people have received the refunds requested.
However it would seem that Perisher don't have a logical system for prioritising the processing of claims.
Put it down to incompetence rather than conspiracy.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
I have heard about both partial refunds and no refunds.
Well I suppose I've received a partial refund.

I added Skitube to my Epic Pass as a later purchase and I've had the Skitube component refunded.

I'm sure I'll get the larger amount eventually.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy

Asking for proof of address that we were affected by lockdown. Kinda hard to prove we in Sydney after the 21st and we’re doing the right thing by the community by staying home. I emailed them to tell them we needed to cancel almost immediately, before that had any system in place.

it took them two months to reply to my cancellation email to request the proof. The auto reply when I replied and said what proof would you like given the senario said the current reply time was 4 - 6 weeks.

once they have started to process you they should finish that rather than moving to the next in the queue. It’s mental

Val Desire

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2018
Lindfield NSW
I used that link, to claim my wifes pass. Nothing after 3 weeks, except an initial email to say it has been received.

I’m not too fussed though.

I find it strange that it should be so random. It should just be a process with equal success for all who follow it. That's why I asked about timing in an earlier post. Despite the timing of people's trips, I feel it is more logical to claim a refund on an unused season pass when it becomes inevitable that the Season is done for because of govt announcements etc.
Only other advice is - keep checking your card/bank balance as the returned funds just appeared without email confirmation.

mauricem

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2010
Sunshine Coast
Compare to NZ ski.
Emailed to request refund, same day response with attached form to complete with offer "please provide a phone number so we can call you to walk you through completing the form if you need help"!

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
Message received this morning, refund approved. Money to arrive in 5 to 7 days, full amount probably in multiple payments to match in initial card payments.

SMS and email. Using Zendesk, so maybe they've been upgrading the system they use.

I submitted on 31/8 when the lockdown extension was announced to 17/9. The 30 day lockdown provision triggers on 10/9 according to one section of the email (the email contains the ticket trail). That part looks as though it should have been a separate email which I didn't receive, so there could be other technical issues in play at their end
And it's back in my account the full amount. As soon as they open the 2022 bookings I'll be sending the deposit straight back to them.

Slalom

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 17, 2013
Melbourne
My experience with obtaining a refund.
I am Melbourne based and selected Core Season/All Australian Resorts as my option when purchasing the Epic pass.
Only applied for my refund last night using the "Stay At Home Order" option because it has now been over 30 days since Melbourne could access Victorian resorts. Attached utility bill as proof of residence.
Was only able to utilise the pass for 3 days at Falls Creek in early August.
Received email response this morning acknowledging receipt of submission and that a determination would be made once they had time to review the coverage detail & supporting documentation.
I responded to the email by re-sending the utility bill in the event that it didn't attach correctly to my submission.
Received email response & text message within half an hour approving my refund request and advising the amount, and that it would come within 5-7 business days.
For the record, I am receiving a 57% refund (because of the 3 day usage) that amounts to $568.86 of the original $998.00 purchase price.
Pretty faultless process from Perisher/Vail given the information & timeline above. All completed in less than 24 hours.
Cant complain. They'll get my money again next season.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Just received two emails and a bonus text message, including:

"We have been having some email trouble and realise that you may not have received our latest communication. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and have attached the content of the email sent 30/08/2021 for your information:"

The full refund was approved. :)

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Just received two emails and a bonus text message, including:

"We have been having some email trouble and realise that you may not have received our latest communication. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and have attached the content of the email sent 30/08/2021 for your information:"

The full refund was approved. :)
I just got the same, for my wifes refund

emkae

One of Us
Ski Pass
Nov 6, 1998
Melbourne
My experience with obtaining a refund.
I am Melbourne based and selected Core Season/All Australian Resorts as my option when purchasing the Epic pass.
Only applied for my refund last night using the "Stay At Home Order" option because it has now been over 30 days since Melbourne could access Victorian resorts. Attached utility bill as proof of residence.
Was only able to utilise the pass for 3 days at Falls Creek in early August.
Received email response this morning acknowledging receipt of submission and that a determination would be made once they had time to review the coverage detail & supporting documentation.
I responded to the email by re-sending the utility bill in the event that it didn't attach correctly to my submission.
Received email response & text message within half an hour approving my refund request and advising the amount, and that it would come within 5-7 business days.
For the record, I am receiving a 57% refund (because of the 3 day usage) that amounts to $568.86 of the original $998.00 purchase price.
Pretty faultless process from Perisher/Vail given the information & timeline above. All completed in less than 24 hours.
Cant complain. They'll get my money again next season.

Good to hear it went smoothly.

Where is this process documented? Is there a form to fill out?

I checked the Epic Australia Pass site and couldn't see anything. The Falls site does have a cancellation form, but it sounds like it is for day tickets etc, not Epic passes

Slalom

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 17, 2013
Melbourne
Reactions: emkae

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
I realise this may be somewhere within the nine pages of this thread, but has anyone sought a refund yet for Epic passes for children? I don’t think there’s any point putting in a claim for me, as I’ve been lucky enough to ski for 10 days this season at Perisher. However, my boys only managed 3 days each. Clearly they don’t have utility bills with their id details so I’m wondering what the process is?

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
I realise this may be somewhere within the nine pages of this thread, but has anyone sought a refund yet for Epic passes for children? I don’t think there’s any point putting in a claim for me, as I’ve been lucky enough to ski for 10 days this season at Perisher. However, my boys only managed 3 days each. Clearly they don’t have utility bills with their id details so I’m wondering what the process is?
I submitted kids X2 along with my one. If kids are linked to your profile, should be straightforward, no?

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
I’ve just been doing a ‘deep dive’ (phrase of the decade? LOL ) into the Epic refund terms and conditions. Just a tad confusing! I selected ‘core season’ and ‘all resorts’, and it looks like I may get a little bit back for my Epic Pass under ‘resort closure’ conditions for the time that ALL RESORTS in Australia were simultaneously closed. For the boys, I’ll just claim Stay at Home orders (hopefully Barr makes it official and the ACT remains in lockdown for another day to bring it to 30, which I think is likely ….), which gives me 30 days to claim for them.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
I’ve just been doing a ‘deep dive’ (phrase of the decade? LOL ) into the Epic refund terms and conditions. Just a tad confusing! I selected ‘core season’ and ‘all resorts’, and it looks like I may get a little bit back for my Epic Pass under ‘resort closure’ conditions for the time that ALL RESORTS in Australia were simultaneously closed. For the boys, I’ll just claim Stay at Home orders (hopefully Barr makes it official and the ACT remains in lockdown for another day to bring it to 30, which I think is likely ….), which gives me 30 days to claim for them.
yes thats what i shared above.

I chose core and perisher though.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Just my suggestion for children, if they share your surname include your utility bill or something that links them to you.

cornice12

Early Days
Sep 2, 2021
Imo they should automatically refund everyone who elected core season. A waste of resources assessing claims of those whose refund is easily ascertainable.
Also the terms and conditions are very dense and seem designed to ensure a percentage of eligible ticket holders never claim a refund.

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
From my refund message:

For people who have been impacted by the ACT lockdown which commenced on 12 August 2021, the date for the 30th consecutive day of this lockdown will be 10 September 2021. If lockdown continues through to this date, you will become eligible to submit a refund request under Epic Coverage based on stay-at-home orders. Head to our FAQs for more information.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass