Epic Season Pass 2022 - Early Bird

Tom from Melbourne

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2017
Prices rises on 20th Oct.

Despite limited ski days in 2020 and 2021 we are back on the season pass - have found Epic good to deal with with refund (2020 only, although very luck to get all 4 days on lifts that season, didn’t apply for 2021 as skied just enough to get value).

Dalesh

Hard Yards
May 2, 2020
Booked mine straight away! Have found them very easy to deal with for refunds over the last two years. Next year just need to get enough days on snow to not need a refund and I'll be laughing!

Reactions: Tom from Melbourne

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Applied September 28 for a refund X 4 peeps, still waiting for them.... and deciding if to buy the teens a pass for their Year 12 year in 2022.

Reactions: Chaeron

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Applied September 28 for a refund X 4 peeps, still waiting for them.... and deciding if to buy the teens a pass for their Year 12 year in 2022.
No refund yet. If I thought there was a good chance we could have gone to Japan in January without having to isolate we'd have kept them for Hakuba.
Think I will get the kids their Epic passes again for 2022 with the thought of skiing with them a few days in Oz but with the bigger value coming from skiing OS with them on Epic passes in 2023. Might even be visiting them working in a ski resort in Japan or Canada or the US as part of a gap year.

Reactions: Tom from Melbourne

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Now they've sent an email asking me to provide proof of address, even though my refund request was based on resort closure. Not impressed.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Now they've sent an email asking me to provide proof of address, even though my refund request was based on resort closure. Not impressed.
Had you nominated the resort? They may be trying to work out if you’d get more of a refund for resort closure or where you live.

I had no issues at all with mine. They were wonderful.

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
'Wonderful'. Good for you. But not my experience so far.

Should it make a difference? I did not ski one single day.
Yes, it could make a difference. If it was resort closure, I think you only get a pro rata, and only for the number of days the resort was closed, but if it was based on location, you’d get a full refund (less any days you’ve done, which in your case was zero) as Metro Melbourne or NSW were locked out for longer than 30 consecutive days. (If that location applied to you)

There were two different refund clauses.

Just saw that yours was nominated resort.

Btw, I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience, but try not to be so narky at someone trying to help.

Last edited:

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Thanks for your explanation ; sorry to sound so cranky but it's mid October and they're still splitting hairs on a refund for a pass which was not used at all. I think I made a mistake nominating resort closure. Thought it was a simpler process. Lesson.

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks for your explanation ; sorry to sound so cranky but it's mid October and they're still splitting hairs on a refund for a pass which was not used at all. I think I made a mistake nominating resort closure. Thought it was a simpler process. Lesson.
@chriscross you should probably send them an email stating you are claiming under stay at home. The conditions are a bit of vague but it seems that from reading in this thread what other people are getting the start at home order of 30 plus days should get you a full refund. I was" hedging my bet" and listed both resort closures and the stay at home orders as reasons for my refund claim. The reply I got was that I was claiming under resort closure and that they would be in touch soon with further info. They haven't been in touch. After receiving that first email back from them on October 5, I have sent Epic two emails (one on October 5 and one this week) stating that if I can only claim for one or the other I'm claiming under the stay at home order that went from August 5 until the end of the season. Haven't had a reply to either of those two emails.
I'll still be buying the 2022 passes x4 today or tomorrow. The teens won't use them much in this coming Oz season due to yr12 but we plan on taking then away for a couple of weeks in January 2023 to Japan or Canada so we'd use the passes then.

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Ok! Finally a result. After downloading the hp software that enabled me to scan an electricity bill from newish printer to newish laptop, I succeeded in attaching said bill to email and voila - a full refund based on stay at home order. Thanks to those above who offered advice and apologies for crankiness as expression of frustration. Here's hoping to get more use from pass next year and might see some of you on the hill (if I can remember how to ski - might need some lessons from bawbawbel!)

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Ok! Finally a result. After downloading the hp software that enabled me to scan an electricity bill from newish printer to newish laptop, I succeeded in attaching said bill to email and voila - a full refund based on stay at home order. Thanks to those above who offered advice and apologies for crankiness as expression of frustration. Here's hoping to get more use from pass next year and might see some of you on the hill (if I can remember how to ski - might need some lessons from bawbawbel!)
Great result. I think they were trying to be helpful rather than fobbing you off as you got a better deal under the stay at home orders.

Now you'll just give it back to them like the rest of us ha ha.

Reactions: chriscross

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Congrats! I'm still waiting..... @chriscross

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Hey does anyone remember if an 18 yr old high school student could get a child or student pass at Falls and Hotham in 2021? My two offspring both turn 18 the week before the season starts in 2022 and they won't have much time to spare from year 12 to come skiing with their oldies. If they can get a student pass for a few days it is a better option than an Epic pass they probably won't use much next season.

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Hey does anyone remember if an 18 yr old high school student could get a child or student pass at Falls and Hotham in 2021? My two offspring both turn 18 the week before the season starts in 2022 and they won't have much time to spare from year 12 to come skiing with their oldies. If they can get a student pass for a few days it is a better option than an Epic pass they probably won't use much next season.
Replying to my own post with this link from the Help Centre page which might help someone else with a pass decision.

Last edited:

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Last day for the cheapest price!
Bet it only gives up by $10 until May.

Still haven't received a confirmation email about my pass purchase x4 made yesterday evening. The payment for the deposits was made from my credit card. Not did I get a password reset email when my password didn't work yesterday, but then it did twenty minutes later. Go figure. There isn't an order number displayed when payment is made not there is a purchase history in the account. Vail's IT systems are poorly designed and flaky.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass