1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Epic update

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by coolair, Mar 27, 2020.

1. coolair

coolair One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Just sent an email from vail resorts, sounds ok to me, trying their best to open.

Chaeron likes this.
  2. Timmossy

Timmossy One of Us

I heard that they’re going to wait until as late as 1 June to announce the season of thing are looking touch and go. Delayed payment to this date aligns with this chatter I’ve heard.

skiflat and Chaeron like this.
  3. Aractus

Aractus Addicted

Yep, here's the email:

They've done the same as Thredbo - pushed the due date on the season passes to 1 June.

Also they've put this update on their website.

4. Donzah

Donzah Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I haven't seen the email yet...

But I bet it includes statements like

"The health of our staff is paramount"

skiflat likes this.
  5. D-eye

D-eye Photographer and skier Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

https://www.epicaustraliapass.com.au/covid-19-faq

6. Donzah

Donzah Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

My gut feel.

No epic pass this year.
    Resort to open for spring skiing. Minimal lifts.
    Spring pass pricing to reflect this.
    Option for epic pass deposit payers

7. Kelpieboy

Kelpieboy One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

[​IMG]
    NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service:
    COVID-19 Update

Hello xxxxxxxxxxxx

In response to tighter Australian and NSW Government health directives on social distancing and non-essential travel to prevent the transmission of COVID-19, NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) is putting in place important measures for the health and safety of our staff, visitors and the wider community that we need to let you know about.

This is a rapidly changing situation, so please check our COVID-19 update page regularly for updates and answers to frequently asked questions.

CLOSURES

From 26 March 2020 until further notice, the following are closed in NSW national parks:

• All camping and campgrounds, in line with the Government Public Health Order. Cabins within campgrounds are also closed. NPWS will be contacting visitors with bookings affected by closures and issuing refunds.
    • Most visitor centres, cafes and high visitation areas. For more information on impacted areas please visit our COVID-19 update page and the NPWS Alerts page.
    CANCELLATIONS

• All NPWS staff and volunteer-led tours and events in NSW national parks have been cancelled with full refunds.
    REMAINING OPEN

National parks and reserves are special environmental, cultural and recreational places for the people of NSW, and those that did not suffer damage from the recent bushfires or floods will remain open. The following are open in NSW national parks:

• All roads through national parks remain open.
    • Most walking tracks and trails remain open for exercise and visitors should observe social distancing with others. However, in line with the Australian and NSW Government health directives, visitors are encouraged to limit their visits to open natural areas near their homes.
    • Cottages and other accommodation that can be operated within restrictions established by the Australian and NSW Government will remain open. Visitors with a booking who need to cancel can contact NPWS for a refund.
    In these open areas of NSW national parks there is a:

• Limit of 500 people in a single, undivided outdoor space at the same time.
    • Limit of 100 people and a requirement for 4 square metres per person (i.e. a 100 square metre space can accommodate a maximum of 25 people) in a single, undivided indoor space at the same time.
    • Requirement that visitors maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between themselves and others while using walking tracks and other facilities.
    For more information about COVID-19 in NSW and how to protect yourself and the community, please visit the NSW Health website.

These are unprecedented and uncertain times, but we’ll be back in touch soon to help you stay connected to nature.

COVID-19 updates >

Chaeron, Snowy Joey and Lady Penelope like this.
  8. Jacko4650

Jacko4650 One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Dislike. Camping spots are not close (as a rule) so not sure why they want to stop people isolating themselves in the middle of the bush???? There appear to be trigger-happy decision makers all wanting to get in on the action. I hope the parkies stand themselves down without pay like the rest of us in the real world have to; including the senior managers? If they seriously think people camping in the bush will make the situation worse (whilst visits to the local shopping centres are open slather), then lock the country down for a few weeks until they can isolate existing carriers to prevent spread. I would like to go bush for the isolation rather than sitting in a city where it is impossible not to contact others.

coolair and Snowy Joey like this.
  9. Billy_Buttons

Billy_Buttons Que Sera, Sera Ski Pass: Gold

[​IMG]

I guess they would like to reduce this homeless situation in the parks.

Chaeron likes this.
  10. D-eye

D-eye Photographer and skier Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Probably because it wouldn't be just a few, there would be a lot, they'd funnel through particular places to get there, and if they did end up needing medical assistance (or rescue) they'd require more resources than available in those locations.

It won't be possible to stop the spread, it's only delaying and managing the spread and consequences that might be possible.

11. Timmossy

Timmossy One of Us

For
    For the Victorian Epic resorts they are currently planning for the following scenarios:
    BAU
    No season
    Delayed start 1st July.

skiflat likes this.
  12. Swede

Swede One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Can we please make sure we keep the Perisher threads fun and informative and leave the doomsdayers, let me tell you a lot about something I know nothing about and idiots in the Covid-19 threads, just saying before it’s too late, please.
    And I’m not replying to your post Timmossy, just happens to be the next post :)

Joe likes this.
  13. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

There's nothing more pertinent to the thread title, ie epic update, than what vail is doing about epic passes and the season in general

Ted Harper, nezumi and skiflat like this.
  14. Pisteoff

Pisteoff Hard Yards

In Myrtleford a few days ago a group of people stopped for petrol and announced that they were in self isolation and were going to Mt. Hotham. No cases in our area yet but it shows why the local shire is working hard to stop tourism in the area despite the financial cost.

D-eye, nezumi and currawong like this.
  15. Aractus

Aractus Addicted

There's a new update. Perisher will no longer take the payment for the balance of the Epic Aust. Pass on 1 June, customers will be allowed to request a refund for all payments made towards it, and new season pass options will be offered at a later date (and you can cancel the Epic Aust. Pass and switch if you want to). Here's the email as it appears in my inbox:

The Epic Aust Pass website has also been updated. It's all very welcome information. Reading between the lines it sounds to me like they're going to cancel the Epic Australia Pass entirely - this is very likely because they advertise heavily the overseas usages of it (i.e. "pays for itself in 4 days") - and they will replace it with multiple other options, although it's not exactly clear yet what those options will look like.

16. Jasper Schwarz

Jasper Schwarz One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Head over to the Covid thread sections, has been discussed in great lengths over there :)

Ted Harper, currawong and Chaeron like this.