Europe 2020/2021

Sucregirl

First Runs
Dec 11, 2020
Is there a separate thread for questions? I would be grateful if anyone can help. Does anyone here know about the London Job agency? I got in contact with Grace Donovan from London Jobs and they are offering to be my recruiters, so i would love to know if anyone had experience with them? Can they issue a Visa as well? Are they good? Would appreciate help, thanks

Hermannator

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2010
Melburn
Is there a separate thread for questions? I would be grateful if anyone can help. Does anyone here know about the London Job agency? I got in contact with Grace Donovan from London Jobs and they are offering to be my recruiters, so i would love to know if anyone had experience with them? Can they issue a Visa as well? Are they good? Would appreciate help, thanks
It's all outlined here:

Hyst

Enjoyer
Ski Pass
Nov 23, 2014
Copenhagen
www.ahmadjoudeh.com

It seems you have asked this questions on other fora as well - may be that you did not get a answer, should make you wonder.

You seem to be a university student or graduate - and it is unclear what kind of stay/work you are looking for in the UK.
I would be very careful if it is that difficult to find any info about you contact. (I have not really been able either ).

However as you look for answers on a skiforum - may be you should try on https://snowheads.com/ - they might be closer.

And by the way - VISA can only be given https://www.gov.uk/. You can find good info on their webpage about visas, sponsors and other requirements. (UK employment marked is not the best in Europe - even difficult for locals.)

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
Hochzillertal has announced, to ride lifts, it requires a valid negative covid 19 test for all adults and children over 10.

David-eTO

Hard Yards
Jan 20, 2020
Canberra
the Italian press has today reported a very chaotic situation for the "ongoing" ski season: apparently the official opening date has been postponed to March the 5th.

However, some resorts have opened yesterday anyway, claiming that the Government has never issued an official announcement about postponing the official opening. As a result, in those resorts that have opened nonetheless, tickets booths closed around 11.00am, leaving a lot of people enjoying the sun.

On the other hand, some medical experts advise against opening the season at all as France has allegedly done.

My suggestion would be to stay away from Italy for another year. Very sad indeed but taking a risk is, at this point, not worthwhile.

Second year in a row :cry:

teleroo

<\unencrypted>
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Similar sad tale from SkiWelt, Tyrol, Austria. Closing now. More staff than skiers, running at a loss. Requirement for negative covid test within three days prior to skiing really made life hard for all. I've been watching the season play out over there, as was supposed to be five weeks skiing there with the fam in January. Sigh.

Text from SkiWelt:
Current SkiWorld Information following the press conference of the Federal Government:
In perfect conditions, empty slopes - actually the dream of every skier - and Kaiserwetter we have to inform you that with 7. March 2021, SkiWelt unfortunately has to end the continuous ski operation after more than 70 working days for this winter season. In case of a possible further weekend operation / special trips, we will always inform you in advance. Unfortunately, there is currently no other option.
′′ There were days when more staff were in the ski resort than guests."
1f449.png
How did the current decision come about?
Planability, that's a word that apparently hasn't been around for a year. A lot of things come almost overnight in the short term and so far the short-term decision-making capacity within the SkiWelt has always shown itself as a strength. Therefore, the SkiWelt Executive Directors also deliberately wanted to wait for the government's press conference with the decision on possible further opening steps. Of course, we would have supported our regional partners like Hüttenwirte, the catering industry in general and the hospitality industry in solidarity. The ski world stood and stands for lived community. We hope that our locals as well as everyone who was allowed to ski, survived the winter and we could delight you. So we have consciously always opened the SkiWorld with the connections and Austria's largest offer itself on weekdays - because that's how you all know the SkiWorld.
1f449.png
A look behind the scenes:
Since April 2020 we have already meticulously prepared for this winter season, created comprehensive security concepts, invested massively and implemented them together with our SkiWelt teams throughout the ski resort. We also deliberately held on our planned investments such as the new Hexenwasserbahn in the SkiWelt Söll or the Salvistabahn in Itter, because our partners, many companies from the region, as well as from Austria and the Alpine region, have always been and have been involved here.
Never did we think that the whole winter would go this way, even in March there would be no opening perspective. Nevertheless, we made our promise of summer with the guarantee of 70 operating days, even always with SkiWorld connections and large offers, even though there were days when there were more employees in the ski resort than guests and we didn't have an economically positive ski day.
We were all about giving some normality to the locals and everyone who was allowed to ski. Going skiing is part of our culture, it's a feeling of life standing at the top of the mountain and enjoying the freedom of skiing. Skiing is safe, healthy and just makes you happy.
In the previous winter, we prepared everything as always for the fastest possible start of the season, which we were allowed by the authorities only on Christmas. We have always coped with all such short-term measures and hurdles together. The state ordinance requiring a neg. COVID test for skiers and snowboarders did the rest of them. In this context, we would like to thank all skiers especially for always following the specifications and supporting them.
We have always shown together: skiing is safe, healthy and just makes you happy.
The SkiWorld has been around for 43 years and the SkiWorld is relying on. That is not the case either, because only cohesion and the community could survive many crises. Anyone interested in the history of SkiWorld? Here you can find more information about it: www.skiwelt.at/skiwelt-geschichte
With that in mind, we are faithful and enjoy every day on the mountain.

David-eTO

Hard Yards
Jan 20, 2020
Canberra
Similar sad tale from SkiWelt, Tyrol, Austria. Closing now. More staff than skiers, running at a loss. Requirement for negative covid test within three days prior to skiing really made life hard for all. I've been watching the season play out over there, as was supposed to be five weeks skiing there with the fam in January. Sigh.

Text from SkiWelt:
Current SkiWorld Information following the press conference of the Federal Government:
In perfect conditions, empty slopes - actually the dream of every skier - and Kaiserwetter we have to inform you that with 7. March 2021, SkiWelt unfortunately has to end the continuous ski operation after more than 70 working days for this winter season. In case of a possible further weekend operation / special trips, we will always inform you in advance. Unfortunately, there is currently no other option.
′′ There were days when more staff were in the ski resort than guests."
1f449.png
How did the current decision come about?
Planability, that's a word that apparently hasn't been around for a year. A lot of things come almost overnight in the short term and so far the short-term decision-making capacity within the SkiWelt has always shown itself as a strength. Therefore, the SkiWelt Executive Directors also deliberately wanted to wait for the government's press conference with the decision on possible further opening steps. Of course, we would have supported our regional partners like Hüttenwirte, the catering industry in general and the hospitality industry in solidarity. The ski world stood and stands for lived community. We hope that our locals as well as everyone who was allowed to ski, survived the winter and we could delight you. So we have consciously always opened the SkiWorld with the connections and Austria's largest offer itself on weekdays - because that's how you all know the SkiWorld.
1f449.png
A look behind the scenes:
Since April 2020 we have already meticulously prepared for this winter season, created comprehensive security concepts, invested massively and implemented them together with our SkiWelt teams throughout the ski resort. We also deliberately held on our planned investments such as the new Hexenwasserbahn in the SkiWelt Söll or the Salvistabahn in Itter, because our partners, many companies from the region, as well as from Austria and the Alpine region, have always been and have been involved here.
Never did we think that the whole winter would go this way, even in March there would be no opening perspective. Nevertheless, we made our promise of summer with the guarantee of 70 operating days, even always with SkiWorld connections and large offers, even though there were days when there were more employees in the ski resort than guests and we didn't have an economically positive ski day.
We were all about giving some normality to the locals and everyone who was allowed to ski. Going skiing is part of our culture, it's a feeling of life standing at the top of the mountain and enjoying the freedom of skiing. Skiing is safe, healthy and just makes you happy.
In the previous winter, we prepared everything as always for the fastest possible start of the season, which we were allowed by the authorities only on Christmas. We have always coped with all such short-term measures and hurdles together. The state ordinance requiring a neg. COVID test for skiers and snowboarders did the rest of them. In this context, we would like to thank all skiers especially for always following the specifications and supporting them.
We have always shown together: skiing is safe, healthy and just makes you happy.
The SkiWorld has been around for 43 years and the SkiWorld is relying on. That is not the case either, because only cohesion and the community could survive many crises. Anyone interested in the history of SkiWorld? Here you can find more information about it: www.skiwelt.at/skiwelt-geschichte
With that in mind, we are faithful and enjoy every day on the mountain.

To make matters worse, in Italy some of the resorts (Sestriere and Prato Nevoso for example) are still having ski-clubs accessing the slopes for training purposes.
This adds to your "A look behind the scenes" paragraph, to highlight that many resorts have been preparing for this season carefully and they are well resourced to function under these circumstances.

However, I also understand the extra cautious approach of the Italian Government that does not seem to be prepared in taking the enormous risk associated with having even only 30% of snow lovers rushing to resorts. In a Country where the new cases keep on increasing, having large crowds on the slopes, means asking for troubles.

Very sad nonetheless

aaarthur

First Runs
Mar 23, 2021
Winter is prolonged and spring is delayed. Almost 50 cm of fresh snow fell in the last few days ! Amazing.
C'est l'un des facteurs déterminants d'un séjour au ski parfait. Si vous choisissez la bonne personne, vous serez à jamais considéré comme le meneur de jeu par excellence. Choisissez le mauvais et vous risquez de passer vos vacances à porter vos skis sur une pente raide après une journée épuisante à combattre les bosses. Les éléments à prendre en compte pour choisir la station de ski idéale...

Heinz

Have skis, will travel - Once borders open again..
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
Just saw a report on Austrian TV that 3 people have been arrested in relation to the Italian cable car failure for manipulating the safety brake system

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
There you go. Not cut but tampered with all the same. They're up for manslaughter charges.

Doesn't look like a good idea to protest in this manner now does it. F'heads.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass