Europe 21/22 Planning

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
Looks like for transit through Singapore (assuming you depart from Australia) they will accept a rapid antigen test which can be done at Melb/bris/syd airports the day of departure and comes in at $59 per person - considerably cheaper than our original plan to get a $150 a head PCR. Obviously you'd need your final destination to not require a PCR test to go down that route. Germany for example currently simply accepts a vaccination certificate with no testing required for Australians.

Also will need a PCR test at Munich Airport before we leave to come home and looks like on return to VIC the kids will not be allowed to go to school for a week and we will all need testing again within 24 hours of arrival and then again at day 5. I'm hoping those tests can be done under the existing free testing sites locally!

This all assumes we can get in and out of Germany which based on current covid caseload isn't a given...

Reactions: Kletterer

sn0wbunny29

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 11, 2015
Sydney
Thanks for the update keep em coming, many people about?
Dubai was pretty quiet too. I like it like that. I've been travelling with Emirates since 2004 and have experienced Dubai getting ever busier. Today was pretty nice! Transit was pretty smooth with the usual security. Only asked if I had a Personal Locator form and a yes reply was accepted. Now at my parents and just about to do my swab!
Looks like I'm in for a 3 day HQ when I get back though!

Hyst

Enjoyer
Ski Pass
Nov 23, 2014
Copenhagen
www.ahmadjoudeh.com
Dubai was pretty quiet too. I like it like that. I've been travelling with Emirates since 2004 and have experienced Dubai getting ever busier. Today was pretty nice! Transit was pretty smooth with the usual security. Only asked if I had a Personal Locator form and a yes reply was accepted. Now at my parents and just about to do my swab!
Looks like I'm in for a 3 day HQ when I get back though!

With omicron in UK, may be Q will be different when returning. Hope things work out ok for you in UK.
(is sneaky ski trip still on?)

sn0wbunny29

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 11, 2015
Sydney
With omicron in UK, may be Q will be different when returning. Hope things work out ok for you in UK.
(is sneaky ski trip still on?)
Yes, the omicron is the reason for the 3 days home quarantine. When I left on Friday I was expecting just to be as normal on my return with just a couple of pcr tests.
This is an unscheduled visit due to Dad's ill health so no sneaky ski trip this time and February isn't looking too hopeful at the moment!

Reactions: Hyst

blueandwhite

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 26, 2016
TQY
What covid giveth with one hand...

delta.jpg

It then taketh away with the other...

omikron.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass