Trip Report Faithful's hut/BHP.Pre BC XC season visit .May 20/2019

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Problem is that nothing gets done!System swallows up request and no action proceeds.
Xplora ...how are we going with the Blair’s Hut Window ....do they like my temporary fix so much that they leave it as is for five or more years?

Langford Gap door......it’s a bit embarrassing isn’t it.Only by bad publicity did anything happen,
Over six months!Man the speed that Parks Vicco attend to reasonable simple requests.

Time to fix bolt on Faithfulls Hut Door?......what you reckon our FO ....say 12months .

But let’s see...talk of primary schoolers?

The Parks Vicco Mt Beauty Office is the primary school building is it not!Perhaos that why we see reference to school kids all the time in your amazing posts!

Now if the high plains were plonked in the Dandenongs or better still Albert Park, the PV, DELWP, ministers etc...would probably take notice of asset maintenance. As it is the 6-7 hr 350 km barrier means it's relegated to the 'out of site/out of mind' basket.

Meanwhile other parts of Govt spend $100 millions on various city stadiums, galleries, theatres and museums. Just doesn't seem fair to me. Regional folks and bush lovers get duck shoved.

And this is not limited to one political party. Labor forgets the bush. But LibnNats dislike spending on regional public assets & NPs - seem to prefer spending in regional towns and roads. No votes in NPs & SPs unless it involves, fire, timber, a cow, a horse, a deer or a gun.

Very disillusioned with Vicco - can you tell?

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
I think I can see a protest vote from our primary school kids in relation to Team Bears Nomination for FO of the decade !My god a backlash of protest .They may have taken offence to some of Xploras posts!
Well we did not see that comming?:whistle:

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
How is the signage holding up around the Shannonvale Area?
Parks see to be having trouble keeping it erect in other localities!

The Team thought the rally cars must have done a bit of drifting on one of the Mt. Margaret Rd Corners but closer forensics indicates another agent may have been responsible.
The proximity of the seasons management gate lends credence to this theory of Team Bears.

Perhaps the “first people”faction may stimulate Parks to fix it before they take a decision to lawyer up as they did in the Grampians?
We can not tell from said sign who the indigenous tribe or tribes may have been?

Where are those FO’s from Parks!Should Team Bears initiate a temporary fix or just leave the problem to the authorities ?
We will update forum when the sign is put back together !

It’s a bad look for an organisation that looks to expand its areas of control?Mr T maybe able to tell us how long this sign has been this way?
FD1ACAEC-E1FB-4110-A0DB-B2BD7454CA10.jpeg

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
How is the signage holding up around the Shannonvale Area?
Parks see to be having trouble keeping it erect in other localities!

The Team thought the rally cars must have done a bit of drifting on one of the Mt. Margaret Rd Corners but closer forensics indicates another agent may have been responsible.
The proximity of the seasons management gate lends credence to this theory of Team Bears.

Perhaps the “first people”faction may stimulate Parks to fix it before they take a decision to lawyer up as they did in the Grampians?
We can not tell from said sign who the indigenous tribe or tribes may have been?

Where are those FO’s from Parks!Should Team Bears initiate a temporary fix or just leave the problem to the authorities ?
We will update forum when the sign is put back together !

It’s a bad look for an organisation that looks to expand its areas of control?Mr T maybe able to tell us how long this sign has been this way?
FD1ACAEC-E1FB-4110-A0DB-B2BD7454CA10.jpeg
That sign has been cactus for at least a year!

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Somebody better get in contact with Xplora so he can use the hot line he has to Parks Vicco
Then they can vote on whether there should be a committee that should be actually doing something about it and put that to a vote on whether it should be funded … ;-P

Reactions: Ubiquitous Steve
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
yes.....somebody tells me how good the system is when they contact Parks ....then it’s best to refer the matter to them to obtain a successful outcome!

Xplora seems to have It worked out and claims he can get good outcomes!
If you boast how good the system works then be prepared for criticism from those that find otherwise!.
No doubt the system is flawed otherwise the sign shown above would have been cleaned up!
But if the system is working ....well maybe Xplora can see to it!!!

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
It starts like this. You make a suggestion for a random to start doing work on a hut. You then start suggesting the hut should be upgraded and the next thing we have a bunch of randoms doing stuff on huts without any permission. Whoa!! Already happening. The public owns this hut now and you are not enough of the public to decide what happens to it. Put your ideas forward for consideration and if they are worthy then things will get done. Remember so much whinging about Langford Gap hut and the door. How was it fixed? Not by you or by the whinger. You have discovered Faithfuls hut and you think it is a great location for your BC skiing base but now you want it refurbished to suit your needs. Perhaps when you know more you will work things out but all I see is a windsock. Resign from the VNPA, it doesn't suit you.

Please don't take offense to the above, I was just joking. At least I wasn't tripping. The Bears and his blocks can go and have a look at what was done for himself on the AAWT. Who beyond the 3rd grade talks about himself in the 3rd person and plays with teddy bears anyway?
If you want to hand it out then I suggest you get used to getting a serve too!

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Man those “randoms” as Xplora describes them do a good job from what Team Bears observe....

That’s a term I must remember.....I can greet the folks tackling a fallen tree on the roadway ....”hey you randoms ...Wos u doing”:whistle:

Attachments

• 80F6381C-E35E-47CE-AB69-E89B3077055A.png
    80F6381C-E35E-47CE-AB69-E89B3077055A.png
    813.4 KB · Views: 10
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass