Snow Report Falls Creek 2022 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
And go...
Falls Creek snow cam page got the pre-season overhaul today updating with all the cam changes at Falls the last couple of months. Vail resorts have been installing new cams at Falls (and Hotham) all of which appear to be the same approach as they have with Perisher - ie Good quality high-definition cams capable of streaming via YouTube. The stupid 360 cams appear to have been ditched.

Last edited:

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
And go...
Falls Creek snow cam page got the pre-season overhaul today updating with all the cam changes at Falls the last couple of months. Vail resorts have been installing new cams at Falls (and Hotham) all of which appear to be the same approach as they have with Perisher - ie Good quality high-defination cams capable of streaming via YouTube. The stupid 360 cams appear to have been ditched.

am I supposed to see banner ads there? is it just the forums where gold passes buy us immunity?

I won't be looking at that page while there's an ad for a nat candidate staring at me

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
am I supposed to see banner ads there? is it just the forums where gold passes buy us immunity?

I won't be looking at that page while there's an ad for a nat candidate staring at me
AFAIK banner ads have always accompanied the cams as they are outside the forum, irrespective of membership status.

As for the nausea-Nat ad.

Be consoled that in YOUR electorate he doesn’t stand a chance….

Chaeron

Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges

He’ll be well gone before the lifts start turning….

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I know Richard and Ian need to get some money out of the site. i hope that maybe they could be a bit more selective about which ads they accept.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
a bit more selective about which ads they accept

You think we approve a queue of ads before they run? (I though your mental model of how the internet works was stronger than that)

We block categories -- such as 'get rich quick', 'diet products' and 'alternate medicine' - but if we blocked every category that had the potential to upset someone's sensibilities then there would be no ads whatsoever.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
You think we approve a queue of ads before they run? (I though your mental model of how the internet works was stronger than that)

We block categories -- such as 'get rich quick', 'diet products' and 'alternate medicine' - but if we blocked every category that had the potential to upset someone's sensibilities then there would be no ads whatsoever.
I realise that you only have very coarse controls. I also realise that you can't block everything and still make a bit of money. but blocking political ads might be nice - just my opinion.

is a uap ad any better than an alternative medicine ad?

anyway, it's your show. i'm just expressing one opinion

emkae

A Local
Ski Pass
Nov 6, 1998
Melbourne
Interesting...no ads on the FC cam page on my phone, but on my laptop, I did get asked to go on an all inclusive fishing trip at the top of the page...

Different viewing experience in both of course, but no ads on my phone at least

Reactions: currawong

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Will we get a live stream like Perisher and Thredbo have?
I spent a bit of time watching those wistfully during lockdown.

Hotham has one, so far.

I'd say that FC will likely have one by start of the season, my guess is it will probably be on the village side because data to the southside is all by fixed-wireless links and they don't have much bandwidth via that wi-fi link and it's subject to weather loss.

Reactions: TinkyH23

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
So in a welcome move both Falls Creek and Hotham are offering season long gear rental this year - $249 for kids and $299 for adults.

In an ironic twist, however, at Falls Creek it is limited to alpine skis and snowboards, while at Hotham you can also get XC skis for the season!

Reactions: Adelaidometer

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
So in a welcome move both Falls Creek and Hotham are offering season long gear rental this year - $249 for kids and $299 for adults.

In an ironic twist, however, at Falls Creek it is limited to alpine skis and snowboards, while at Hotham you can also get XC skis for the season!
lift co at Falls probably don't have stock of xc because there is a dedicated xc hire.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skimax

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2000
Melbourne Australia
FB_IMG_1654033633362.jpg

Astroboy2020

Hard Yards
Mar 21, 2020
I'm heading up to Falls Creek during the VIC term 2 holidays, for the duration of the 2 weeks. Does anyone know if the ski lift company or race club offer a kids holiday type program whereby its the same bunch of kids with the same instructor? I understand last year, there was a 5 day program with the same instructor, but I can't seem to find something similar this year?

Thanks

Chaeron

Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
This weekend the Maze will be open, all the cross country tracks will be groomed, Karelia Lodge will have a new menu, and a renewed focus on customer service, and Frying Pan will be offering discounts. Grossi Florentino will be taking over the YMCA catering franchise at Windy Corner.

The Man will be selling craft beer at low prices, the lifties will all be sober, there won’t be any lift queues, and over snow will be free for the season.

Also, another 1 metre of powder will fall on Friday night and Vail will be selling Falls to Twiggy Forest who will be running the lifts on renewable hydrogen from Monday and installing a new lift on Mt Mc Kay and reducing season pass prices. We will also be reversing climate change and bringing back long skinny skis and the mullet. Finally, snowboarders will only be allowed on the hills after lunchtimes, and only from September.

However, there won’t be hot doughnuts.

emkae

A Local
Ski Pass
Nov 6, 1998
Melbourne
This weekend the Maze will be open, all the cross country tracks will be groomed, Karelia Lodge will have a new menu, and a renewed focus on customer service, and Frying Pan will be offering discounts. Grossi Florentino will be taking over the YMCA catering franchise at Windy Corner.

The Man will be selling craft beer at low prices, the lifties will all be sober, there won’t be any lift queues, and over snow will be free for the season.

Also, another 1 metre of powder will fall on Friday night and Vail will be selling Falls to Twiggy Forest who will be running the lifts on renewable hydrogen from Monday and installing a new lift on Mt Mc Kay and reducing season pass prices. We will also be reversing climate change and bringing back long skinny skis and the mullet. Finally, snowboarders will only be allowed on the hills after lunchtimes, and only from September.

…and will be moved 300km closer to Melbourne

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
that was me - apologies. BUUUT I was talking to them Tuesday and they had "no plans" to open prior to 11 June.

Happy days - see you up there!!
Ha ha all good. Just teasing. I thought they’d have FOMO if they didn’t. There must have been murmurs though as I’d heard different to you.

Reactions: Chaeron

Moondog55

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 2014
Entry charges early but only $25- per day
Naturally chains must be carried even if it is early, how slippery is the road tonite?

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne

Not catering for Telemark??? Good heavens :eek:

Chaeron

Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
Anyone been up ?
Lifts running allowing for wind ?
Lifts didn’t run Sunday due to wind. It was a bit blowy - Sitting in the Hilux at Windy Corner the car would rock. R**n lower down turning to snow from about the aquaduct line.

I skied up to the ridge below McKay and then across to the top of the Y’s & then back. Awesome snow - light & dry. Lots of accumulation.

Up top it was white out with visibility about 25 m. Wind would blow one along on the flat….

In exposed areas where’s there’s no accumulation due to wind there’s a 30cm crust above the vegetation - that will need some consolidation.

The BC skiing when the wind drops will be absolutely amazing. Might still need a few cms in exposed spots so one doesn’t continually break through the crust - I lost a basket of my pole- dug for it, but couldn’t locate it.

I encountered 3 snowboarders just above Windy on Wombats, a XC skier at Last Hoot, 2 ski patrollers being towed by a skidoo coming up from Village Run, 2 snowshoers above Ruined Castle and another patroller skinning up below the Express lift.

So a busy day in the resort.

Nordic Centre at Windy was locked yesterday and looked closed today.

pegasusSki

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 18, 2015

you are right about the mullets

• Haha
Reactions: Chaeron

soza

One of Us
Jun 15, 2013
Tawonga South
Certainly didn't expect to be bombing down milky way and fast hoot in the first week of June!
Amazing how much snow we have had in the last 24hr.
Very quiet day on the hill, visibility not great over at towers but fine amongst the trees.
Son stopped over at a friends at Falls on Sunday. Completely snowed in so he's not complaining about missing the last 2 days of school.
Couple of photos and a vid with lots of slo mo falling snow :) cos we all love to see big soft fluffy flakes falling
org_photo_6554208_1654563802000.jpg
org_photo_6554207_1654563792000.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass