1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Falls Creek accomodation

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by slidylegs, Mar 19, 2021.

1. slidylegs

slidylegs Hard Yards

I plan to visit Falls Creek in August

1. Where can I find cheaper on mountain accommodation? The places I see on mainstream websites like booking.com and stayz.com.au are very expensive.

2. Alternatively, can I find someone to share the accomodation with me on this forum?

2. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

try some of the clubs that take commercial bookings, e.g. alpha, schuss, chorki

some of the cheaper fully commercial places are halleys and cooroona. I don't know much about them these days.

also try falls creek central reservations and see if they have any suggestions. TBH finding anything in August, let alone cheap, is getting difficult. This is the busiest booking year in a very long time

or consider staying at howman's gap

3. almontyrat

almontyrat One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Howman's Gap are no longer taking mid week bookings from Joe public when they have school groups in (have not done so for a few years now). They may take booking for weekends when there are no school aged groups onsite. Something to do with ensuring kids safety in shared bathrooms etc.

nezumi, currawong and Chaeron like this.
  4. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Thanks, I'd forgotten

5. slidylegs

slidylegs Hard Yards

Thank you. I will check these out.

I'm from Sydney and I usually visit Thredbo or Perisher but, want to visit Falls Creek this year. I plan to fly to Albury and take the bus to Falls from there. Is there a better way to get to Falls?

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates One of Us

Check with Falls Creek coaches that they will be doing airport pickups this year - I used to do the FIFO so you'd be in your accommodation in just a few hours.

Chaeron likes this.