Aug 10, 1999
7cms overnight

fallscreek-cedarwood-50.jpg

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Wesley Vale, Tasmania
FCRMB have announced that from tomorrow there will be a checkpoint at Mt Beauty for evidence of a negative test. This could cause some delays. Be ready to provide it quickly and help the minimise the queue
Might contact them re the whole transit through melbs with evidence of just having hopped off the boat. If I get stopped at mt beauty and told then I have to test I will be a very unhappy camper.

Reactions: Chaeron

Xplora

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 7, 2015
FCRMB have announced that from tomorrow there will be a checkpoint at Mt Beauty for evidence of a negative test. This could cause some delays. Be ready to provide it quickly and help to minimise the queue
Mt. Beauty? That is beyond their jurisdiction. Also see it creating a bit of a problem for local traffic. Whoever wrote the information here may want to do some editing. https://www.fallscreek.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/36/2020/04/210616-Table-of-Restrictions.pdf Children under 2 excempt? Thought it was 12. Buller has it as 12. Perhaps someone should look at this before getting their 3 yo tested. I don't think FCRM are responsible for this document but it has been repeated on their website banner.

Reactions: skiflat
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Mt. Beauty? That is beyond their jurisdiction. Also see it creating a bit of a problem for local traffic. Whoever wrote the information here may want to do some editing. https://www.fallscreek.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/36/2020/04/210616-Table-of-Restrictions.pdf Children under 2 excempt? Thought it was 12. Buller has it as 12. Perhaps someone should look at this before getting their 3 yo tested. I don't think FCRM are responsible for this document but it has been repeated on their website banner.
yes, the age hasn't been updated to 12. not sure if it's slackness or some technicality that they can't do it till they have a written doc from DoH or whoever.

I don't know how they are doing it in a legal sense. Possibly "advising" people at Mt Beauty that they will be denied access to Falls Creek if they proceed and taking their rego for follow up? Just guessing.

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Falls Creek Resort is delighted to welcome visitors from metropolitan Melbourne from 11.59pm on Thursday 17 June.

Visitors from metropolitan Melbourne will be required to get tested for COVID-19 and receive a negative result within 72 hours of departure to the Alpine region from metropolitan Melbourne.

Staff from Falls Creek Resort will be checking each visitor aged twelve years and over for proof of a negative test result before entry to the resort.

Please note, you may be asked by police, authorised officers or any employee or representative of the resort to provide evidence of a negative test on entry to the resort.

Visitors can provide evidence, such as a text message from your testing provider, of a negative test on entry to the resort or before travelling to the snow. You cannot enter the resort without this evidence.

This requirement applies to day visitors as well as those staying in the Falls Creek village.

To keep Victoria safe, remember that you shouldn’t be travelling if you have COVID-19 symptoms. You must get tested and stay at home even if you have the mildest of symptom.

Remember to leave time for your test to be processed. The vast majority of test results are returned within 24 hours, but it can sometimes take up to 48 hours.

These measures are necessary to ensure we can all enjoy the snow season safely, protect local businesses and communities. We thank you for your cooperation.

https://www.fallscreek.com.au/alpine-resort-restrictions/

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
To summarise my understanding of FC covid conditions until further notice
  • If you are coming from interstate, get a Vic entry permit (very easy unless you've been in a hotspot). Put the Service Victoria app on your phone for easy QR check-in around the resort
  • If you live in Melbourne, get a covid test (everyone over 12 years of age) within 72 hrs of departure from Melbourne. You will need to show evidence of a negative test to be allowed to enter the resort. The test is free and if it's only for ski resort travel the you don't need to isolate.
  • Purchase your resort entry online at least 48 hrs ahead. Print out and have visible on dash. You cannot buy or get printouts at the resort
  • If you have a season pass for resort entry, register at least 48 hrs in advance. No need to print out, but number plates will be checked
  • If you need oversnow, buy tickets online and print them out. You cannot buy or get printouts at the resort
  • Pack masks and any printed permits and tickets. You will have to wear masks indoors and in resort vehicles
  • When you are leaving Mt Beauty there will probably be a checkpoint on the road. Otherwise checkpoints closer to the village. If you are from Melbourne and cannot show evidence of a negative test, you will not be allowed into the resort
  • Be patient. The people enforcing this didn't make the rules. They want you to have a great time
  • Enjoy the mountain
If you are thinking of cancelling because of the requirements, check cancellation policies carefully. Not all businesses will regard choosing not to have a test as a covid restriction. Hopefully all would be generous this weekend given the very short notice.

I'll post this in the conditions thread too

Last edited:

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Wesley Vale, Tasmania
I wonder what happens when you stay 'off mountain' for the week. Do you have to get a test every three days?
not unless you return to greater melbourne during that time, no way to check I guess but why would you even if you could.... Maybe have some information like a printout of your accommodation booking showing dates to wave at them. No help if you are camping at Mountain Creek etc

asammut_au

Hard Yards
Apr 2, 2008
To summarise my understanding of FC covid conditions until further notice
  • If you are coming from interstate, get a Vic entry permit (very easy unless you've been in a hotspot). Put the Service Victoria app on your phone for easy QR check-in around the resort
  • If you live in Melbourne, get a covid test (everyone over 12 years of age) within 72 hrs of departure from Melbourne. You will need to show evidence of a negative test to be allowed to enter the resort. The test is free and if it's only for ski resort travel the you don't need to isolate.
  • Purchase your resort entry online at least 48 hrs ahead. Print out and have visible on dash. You cannot buy or get printouts at the resort
  • If you have a season pass for resort entry, register at least 48 hrs in advance. No need to print out, but number plates will be checked
  • If you need oversnow, buy tickets online and print them out. You cannot buy or get printouts at the resort
  • Pack masks and any printed permits and tickets. You will have to masks indoors and in resort vehicles
  • When you are leaving Mt Beauty there will probably be a checkpoint on the road. Otherwise checkpoints closer to the village. If you are from Melbourne and cannot show evidence of a negative test, you will not be allowed into the resort
  • Be patient. The people enforcing this didn't make the rules. They want you to have a great time
  • Enjoy the mountain
If you are thinking of cancelling because of the requirements, check cancellation policies carefully. Not all businesses will regard choosing not to have a test as a covid restriction. Hopefully all would be generous this weekend given the very short notice.

I'll post this in the conditions thread too
Great summary @currawong.

Just wondering, do you have different information regarding printouts of resort entry passes? According to https://www.fallscreek.com.au/resortentry/#2021-resort-entry-pricing day entry passes can be purchased prior to entry and printed at the resort entry for full price entry

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Great summary @currawong.

Just wondering, do you have different information regarding printouts of resort entry passes? According to https://www.fallscreek.com.au/resortentry/#2021-resort-entry-pricing day entry passes can be purchased prior to entry and printed at the resort entry for full price entry
Not the case now. Basically they have to divert resources from that to checking that everyone from melb has had a test. I can't see it clearly on their website but I have seen it in official communications within the resort
... MUST pre purchase and print off resort entry permits/oversnow etc. The Howmans ticket box and the ATS will NOT be able to process these ...​

Hopefully the website will catch up soon. Must have been quite a scramble to get the new checking sorted out with no warning

emkae

One of Us
Ski Pass
Nov 6, 1998
Melbourne
Dear Season Permit holders,

We wish to advise that following an upgrade to our Resort Entry System, Season Permit holders are no longer required to print out their registration pass for their dashboard.

Falls Creek has implemented license plate recognition software that will be used by resort rangers to validate the vehicle's registration once within the resort. If you fail to register your visit, the penalties for entering the resort are in excess of $1600 will be issued for non-compliance.

If you have not collected your Season Permit, please ensure you have a copy of your Season Permit receipt as proof of purchase to present at the Mt Beauty COVID checkpoint and Howman's Gap ticket box.

Due to the COVID checkpoints in place this weekend you may experience some delays in getting to Falls Creek. We recommend you leave early and we ask for your patience while we follow the Alpine Resort Restrictions.

Please note the requirement to register is for contact tracing purposes only. In the event that the resort reaches parking capacity, and for safety purposes the resort must close, Season Permit holders who have registered are not guaranteed entry.

As a Season Permit holder, you can register online through the Falls Creek website. The registration is only per vehicle, and the Season Permit holder will be the key point of contact if required.

How to register your visit:

1. Visit the Falls Creek website
2. Log in to your account via the online store, preferably at least 48 hours prior to arrival at Falls Creek
3. Click 'Resume shopping'
4. Click 'Season Permit Registration'
5. Add in your trip details and complete the transaction (it's free)

For Resort Entry Season Permit registrations click on the button below:

Details regarding the Alpine Resort Restrictions for metro Melbourne guests can be found on the NEWSsection of fallscreek.com.au.​

Interstate guests (outside of the border bubble) should apply for their border permit before leaving home. This can be done via the Service Victoria website. We also recommend interstate guests check the travel restrictions for their home state or territory before departing for their trip.

We appreciate your cooperation and effort during this time to keep us all COVIDSafe.

Kind Regards,
Falls Creek Resort Management

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Wesley Vale, Tasmania
Because I am paranoid (or perhaps just cautious) I emailed FCRMB with this yesterday just to check I have all my ducks in a row.

I know you are probably snowed under (excuse the pun) but I have a few questions in regard to my visit to falls next month.

Will I need to re register my visit that I registered (and printed out the permit for) as soon as the first email about this requirement was received?

I have both that permit and my season pass resort entry receipt printed out and in my car ready to pass the COVID checkpoint and get my pass at the ticket gate. Is there anything else I need?

As I am coming from Tasmania on the spirit then transiting through Melbourne directly, can you please confirm that I will not be required to show evidence of a negative test? I will be able to produce my boarding pass for the spirit as evidence of my transit.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Their response this morning (and all credit to them for responding so quickly)

Hi *******,

All this information is correct.

We will only be checking your driver’s licence, so if it says your aren’t from Melbourne you do not need a test.

Kind Regards,

Charlie

Thanks Charlie :)

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
yes, the age hasn't been updated to 12. not sure if it's slackness or some technicality that they can't do it till they have a written doc from DoH or whoever.

I don't know how they are doing it in a legal sense. Possibly "advising" people at Mt Beauty that they will be denied access to Falls Creek if they proceed and taking their rego for follow up? Just guessing.
Access to Howmans Gap?Bogong Village?

Wayne_O

Hard Yards
Jun 9, 2011
Funkytown
not unless you return to greater melbourne during that time, no way to check I guess but why would you even if you could.... Maybe have some information like a printout of your accommodation booking showing dates to wave at them. No help if you are camping at Mountain Creek etc
I understand that and that is all good in theory. But having the luxury of not having to pay for accommodation in town and having nothing to prove that I have not been back to Melbourne, I can see there being a bit of a hold up at the, whilst trying to explain the situation and not having any evidence that I haven't been back to Melbourne.
I understand that it is not the Resorts rules, and that the Resort has to comply with the rules enforced on them by the Government. All is what I am trying to point out is that I don't think that the members of the Government making the rules on the fly, have taken into consideration that some people stay 'off mountain'.

Reactions: Slide Sideways

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I understand that and that is all good in theory. But having the luxury of not having to pay for accommodation in town and having nothing to prove that I have not been back to Melbourne, I can see there being a bit of a hold up at the, whilst trying to explain the situation and not having any evidence that I haven't been back to Melbourne.
I understand that it is not the Resorts rules, and that the Resort has to comply with the rules enforced on them by the Government. All is what I am trying to point out is that I don't think that the members of the Government making the rules on the fly, have taken into consideration that some people stay 'off mountain'.
there is a lot of detail in https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/thoughts-on-the-victorian-restrictions.88456/post-4715552

it certainly covers people staying off mountain.
If someone is travelling to multiple resorts, or up and down the mountain for example because they are staying off-mountain (but not returning to their home in Melbourne), they do not need to get tested again.​
Alpine resorts may consider putting a sticker on the person’s car once they have shown evidence of a negative test result to avoid checking multiple times.​

Slide Sideways

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 2, 2012
Probably overkill, Mum lives in Bright, we stay there on our trips, I’ll be taking a rates notice from her house as proof of accommodation for us. Probably overkill as mentioned, but if I’m going to take a swab every week, a piece of paper to prove where I’ve stayed won’t take much room up in the glovebox.

Wayne_O

Hard Yards
Jun 9, 2011
Funkytown
there is a lot of detail in https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/thoughts-on-the-victorian-restrictions.88456/post-4715552

it certainly covers people staying off mountain.
If someone is travelling to multiple resorts, or up and down the mountain for example because they are staying off-mountain (but not returning to their home in Melbourne), they do not need to get tested again.​
Alpine resorts may consider putting a sticker on the person’s car once they have shown evidence of a negative test result to avoid checking multiple times.​
Thanks Currawong, that clears a few things up.

It it what it is, an inconvenience. Not to mention the extra load it puts on the staff and labs doing the tests.
The latest changes in the new restrictions, on venues etc coming out of the lockdown, is the Government saying that every business can open, but a lot will not fully open, as the rules do not make it viable to. So now it is not the responsibility of the Government. Lets see how many people will be allowed at the MCG in the next week or so.
And because of the inconvenience of having to complete a COVID test, a lot of people will choose not to go skiing. Not myself included, I will complete the test and go skiing for weekends etc, but the big inconvenience for me, is that my workplace states that we are not allowed onsite if waiting for results of a COVID test, not sure about other business'.
Not a dig at anyone (maybe the Government), but just my thoughts.

Reactions: Hully and Chaeron

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Thanks Currawong, that clears a few things up.

It it what it is, an inconvenience. Not to mention the extra load it puts on the staff and labs doing the tests.
The latest changes in the new restrictions, on venues etc coming out of the lockdown, is the Government saying that every business can open, but a lot will not fully open, as the rules do not make it viable to. So now it is not the responsibility of the Government. Lets see how many people will be allowed at the MCG in the next week or so.
And because of the inconvenience of having to complete a COVID test, a lot of people will choose not to go skiing. Not myself included, I will complete the test and go skiing for weekends etc, but the big inconvenience for me, is that my workplace states that we are not allowed onsite if waiting for results of a COVID test, not sure about other business'.
Not a dig at anyone (maybe the Government), but just my thoughts.
your workplace needs to refine it's policy to accommodate the various classes of tests that do not require isolation, as discussed elsewhere here.

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne

One possible option, if you have a smartphone with gps functions (as most do) is to use Google Maps Timeline: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-do-i-see-my-google-location-history?r=AU&IR=T

Wayne_O

Hard Yards
Jun 9, 2011
Funkytown
your workplace needs to refine it's policy to accommodate the various classes of tests that do not require isolation, as discussed elsewhere here.
I don't fully agree with that. Maybe everyone should have to isolate whilst waiting for the results for the test, because there are a lot people and places that you can go to in 72hrs after getting a negative result.

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
I don't fully agree with that. Maybe everyone should have to isolate whilst waiting for the results for the test, because there are a lot people and places that you can go to in 72hrs after getting a negative result.
I don't follow. There are several categories of asymptomatic covid tests for which isolation is not required. The new mandatory Alpine Resorts test is one such category.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
whether or not you agree, that is the legal situation. eg if you are about to travel os, or go into hospital, or part of wider community testing blitzes then you are not required to isolate.

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Wesley Vale, Tasmania
At the end of the day whether you agree or not is entirely up to you. Those are the rules for whatever (possibly illogical) reason and you can choose to abide by them or not as you see fit. There is no reason for you to isolate between test and result as per the rues and to force you to do so, your work is overstepping the mark. If you choose to isolate well that's your choice.

Reactions: Sadie

Wayne_O

Hard Yards
Jun 9, 2011
Funkytown
At the end of the day whether you agree or not is entirely up to you. Those are the rules for whatever (possibly illogical) reason and you can choose to abide by them or not as you see fit. There is no reason for you to isolate between test and result as per the rues and to force you to do so, your work is overstepping the mark. If you choose to isolate well that's your choice.
I said that I don't fully agree that the company I work for has to update it's policy.
As for the rules about the tests before going to the Alpine Resorts, as stated in previous posts, that I would be following them.

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Maybe regional people shouldn’t be able to travel on public transport to Melbourne for work and then be free to go back to regional to roam free and head up to the Alpine areas and not have to be tested.
The whole thing is a cock up.

Reactions: Wayne_O
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass