News Falls Creek news and chat

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
I remember when you weren't a toadie of the state Mister Tee. But now you seem to have joined the great throng demanding perpetual lockdowns.

They suck all the joy and all the levity from life. And all that remains is despair and craven fear.
I do not like lockdowns. I see them as a damaging and blunt instrument . I do see mass vaccinations as the way out of this
sh*t show.
Unfortunately Scummo is just not interested in governing or doing anything useful about anything.
All I was saying is that if you drive out of Melbourne tonight it may become a wasted trip to Falls Creek and with some complications. I do not approve of the Police state we have found ourselves living in. Vic. state Parliament has effectively been suspended until the next state election.
I am not a big one for following every single rule under the sun and I do not want to see anymore lockdowns.

I do not wish to live in fear without hope. That is what this merry go round of lockdowns is leading to in some people.
One day this will all be over and we will look back in hindsight and review our thoughts , utterances and deeds with a renewed perspective.
I do not like Stair man Dan or Scummo. I do not like what an insular parochial boot licking country Ozstriya has become and the federation of states is now a farce.
I just wanted to clarify my position.

AuroraAustralis

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jul 2, 2014
Yup waiting to hear myself
Luckily I’m here for another 12 days
Probably get locked out of my home state upon return though
Might just have to stay longer
Hearing that the lifts won't be running for the next 5 days - as suggested, lifties are non-essential. Can get your 2 hours exercise doing x-country though.

AuroraAustralis

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jul 2, 2014
I do not like lockdowns. I see them as a damaging and blunt instrument . I do see mass vaccinations as the way out of this
sh*t show.
Unfortunately Scummo is just not interested in governing or doing anything useful about anything.
All I was saying is that if you drive out of Melbourne tonight it may become a wasted trip to Falls Creek and with some complications. I do not approve of the Police state we have found ourselves living in. Vic. state Parliament has effectively been suspended until the next state election.
I am not a big one for following every single rule under the sun and I do not want to see anymore lockdowns.

I do not wish to live in fear without hope. That is what this merry go round of lockdowns is leading to in some people.
One day this will all be over and we will look back in hindsight and review our thoughts , utterances and deeds with a renewed perspective.
I do not like Stair man Dan or Scummo. I do not like what an insular parochial boot licking country Ozstriya has become and the federation of states is now a farce.
lot of points in a complex situation, many moving parts and all that sort of cliche. no one likes lockdowns, this is bleedin' obvious. the question is whether this is the best/better option under the circumstances - taking into consideration how hard/fast you go. Sydney style mockdown unlikely to lead to reduced numbers for some time (according to the guys who did accurate modelling last year) will just muddle along at roughly current levels. see Thailand for what happens when you have weak restrictions, NZ for strong restrictions and US for next-to-no restrictions. Will also be instructive to see what happens in the UK once bojo releases the virus in a few days (despite comparitively high levels of vaccination, they are not close to herd immunity)

David Jadis

Hard Yards
Jun 19, 2018
sh*t show.

I apologise for taking out my despair on you. I seem to have somewhat misinterpreted. But as far as I can tell the great majority of Australians are demanding zero covid deaths so that the UK (with negative excess death) is unacceptable. And on that metric we will never look back on this.

I just wanna live my life and ski now and again unmolested by the government.

I think it's naive to think that the state will hand back our autonomy meaningfully. No one relinquishes power willingly. There'll always be some excuse.

David Jadis

Hard Yards
Jun 19, 2018
I apologise for taking out my despair on you. I seem to have somewhat misinterpreted. But as far as I can tell the great majority of Australians are demanding zero covid deaths so that the UK (with negative excess death) is unacceptable. And on that metric we will never look back on this.

I just wanna live my life and ski now and again unmolested by the government.

I think it's naive to think that the state will hand back our autonomy meaningfully. No one relinquishes power willingly. There'll always be some excuse.
I should clarify - negative excess death atm, there were previously plenty

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Stanly22

Hard Yards
Jul 16, 2020
Just had a phone call from QT stating they are kicking out all of their guests tomorrow morning, luckily I have other accommodation planned as I was moving accom anyway
Strange I can stay in other accom but not here
I feel sorry for other guests here from interstate as they have no options!

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Just had a phone call from QT stating they are kicking out all of their guests tomorrow morning, luckily I have other accommodation planned as I was moving accom anyway
Strange I can stay in other accom but not here
I feel sorry for other guests here from interstate as they have no options!
might depend on what FCRM say tomorrow. QT might have their own reasons for closing or might be ahead of the pack if FCRM decide to require guests to leave.

Hopefully this lockdown will be short and sharp and the resort can get back in operation real soon

Warlock_01

One of Us
Jul 7, 2015
Gold Coast, Bonogin
20210715_191905.jpg

Stanly22

Hard Yards
Jul 16, 2020
might depend on what FCRM say tomorrow. QT might have their own reasons for closing or might be ahead of the pack if FCRM decide to require guests to leave.

Hopefully this lockdown will be short and sharp and the resort can get back in operation real soon
Agree, doesn’t make sense to kick everyone out at this point. Understand if the lockdown gets extended but my gut feel is regional vic will come out earlier than 5 days....fingers crossed!
Reading the fine print on the vic guidelines on accommodation it states “shelter in place” so it must be a QT thing to close for the 5 days!
Worst comes to worst I’ll head back home to the Gold Coast and go for a surf

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
From my Vail mail just nowish.

Hi skifree,

The Victorian Government has declared a state-wide lockdown for Victoria from 11:59pm tonight until 11:59pm on Tuesday 20 July. This means that unfortunately the lifts at both Falls Creek and Hotham will stop spinning for five days from tonight, unless the Alpine region is released from lockdown earlier.

We know that this is devastating news for our guests, employees and local communities in Victoria, and want you to know that we share this sadness with you. Our teams will continue to work hard to ensure that we’re ready to welcome you back when the lockdown has lifted.

We understand that this announcement will impact our guests in different ways, and we appreciate your understanding and patience. Perisher will remain open and operations will continue to follow NSW State Government guidelines. The safety of our guests, staff and community is, and always will be, our highest priority and we encourage everyone to follow the lockdown rules so we can get back on the slopes as soon as possible.

We will continue to support our Victorian guests and communities and look forward to welcoming you back to the mountain soon. For more information and updates head to our website.

Reactions: Chaeron

Tom from Melbourne

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2017
5 days no lifts.

Another kick in the guts for the staff and businesses on the mountain and surrounds.

I know that it impacts lots of people in lots of different ways, but I really feel for the ski and alpine businesses because of the limited season.

I hope that it all works out, but I'm not really confident that the support available really meets the need.

Reactions: Chaeron and Kimski

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Topic is Falls please.

C19 & politics elsewhere.

Vapourisation of off topic is a thing.
Lunacy! covid is affecting everything and everybody ....including Falls Ck.....their management is responding to government demands and requests!You cannot exclude covid considerations in regard to Falls Ck operations!

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Lunacy! covid is affecting everything and everybody ....including Falls Ck.....their management is responding to government demands and requests!You cannot exclude covid considerations in regard to Falls Ck operations!

Correct except the lunacy accusation. Just keep it all relevant to Falls.:)

C19 & politics specific can be discussed elsewhere.

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
If the Covid related chat is about what is happening at Falls, then it is fine in here. Any general Covid chat should be in Convo.

Please try to keep Politics out of it all together but we understand it is sometimes hard to do as the topics relate.

Any political bashing will be deleted and is not welcome in our happy Falls Place :)

Dui

Hard Yards
Jan 8, 2020
Never heard of anyone being told not to collect car unaided. We do if it's in lower slalom.

Which accom is walkable is a very individual decision. How much luggage, age of party, fitness, budget are just as important as distance. Just remember that nearly everything is uphill from dropoff points.

You can send one person (not a child) with the luggage and everyone else walk. A single ticket gives you one bag, a ski bag and a boot bag. Extra items are $9 each (seems a big increase) - condolidate into big bags.

They were saying that this year you had to pre-book ATS and print your own tickets . Not sure if that is still the case but I'd check before deciding not to.

If you are using ATS, decide whether you are going to wait for the driver to park or let them make their own way later (by foot or ATS)

People staying near the bowl often use gully chair for the "walkers". Unfortunately this is no longer free so it's only any option if you have a lift ticket for that day
I assume bags are not allowed when riding the gully chair?

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
What if you have an Epicpass and want to use the Gully Chair to help moving a few bags to your accommodation in village bowl
i don't know. i would hope that it would be allotted but i doubt it. when they stopped people taking bags on gully a few years ago, having a ticket didn't get you an exemption

Reactions: Chaeron and Dui
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass