1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Falls Creek rookie advice

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Edu17, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Edu17

Edu17 First Runs

Hey guys,

heading down to falls in just under 2 weeks. What are the runs that you recommend for a snowboarder? from the maps the maze area looks pretty decent but i am going there with pretty much no knowledge of the mountain so any help will be awesome

2. ronny

ronny Hard Yards

What is your level

3. Ian D

Ian D Pool Room Staff Member Administrator Moderator

What level are you at?

Which resorts have you ridden in the past and what runs are your standard there?

What type of riding do you like? Big hits, parks, free riding etc?

No point recommending something if it is way different from your standard or preference.

4. Edu17

Edu17 First Runs

Sorry should have mentioned that, id rate myself fairly decent, no run i wont give a shot, usually ride perisher/thredbo, hotham the last 2 years but the snow was pathetic, and also done nz south island. I dont mind the parks but love to get in amongst the trees thats why im thinking the maze area

5. sadcase

sadcase First Runs

If you like trees then you cant go past the maze, also the Ys are not a bad option but tend to get a bit moguly after a bit of use.

Also there is a nice patch of trees between falls creek express (the chair formerly know as haileys comet or billia bullet) and wombat's ramble.

Otherwise stick to the summit or ruined castle no trees but fun none the less.

6. JuJu

JuJu One of Us

South Face, Boomerang, St Elmos Slide, Father Fosters (if it's open) and walk out to Damsite Hill for some earning of your turns!