1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Resource Falls Creek XC Facebook Group

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Hully, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Hully

Hully One of Us

For those interested in Cross Country Skiing at Falls Creek there has been started a new public group on Facebook called Falls Creek XC. Intended to be an up to date info and discussion forum for all things XC at Falls.

Ziggy likes this.
  2. Hully

Hully One of Us

Note: I have nothing to do with the creation or admin of this group, I got joined as a member and thought worth passing on the info.

Majikthise, Moondog55 and ladycamper like this.
  3. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

May have to join myself for next year and the rest of this season

4. Ubiquitous Steve

Ubiquitous Steve A Local Ski Pass: Gold

can some well meaning member of this new FC Facebook Group seek permission to stock sufficient firewood for Cope Hut:all that is required is a couple of trailer loads run down from BHP Road with permission of Parks Vic to stock the wood box and wood shelter...Team Bears missed their opportunity to get a moderate supply there and we are sure its bare right now....Team Bears got too much to do and require a bit of assistance here and there...its no big job ...we need a responsive attitude from Parks Vic to permit a couple of loads before snow season closes the road in June...and its pretty easy to organize if Parks can grant permission for just a couple of loads each season...

would be better for all if we could work together on this and would stand Parks in a better position as a user friendly organization....my last load of firewood went to Pretty Valley as roadway was closed at Dam Wall with no signage prior to sighting barrier.

so if people are burning a few bits of firewood and enjoying themselves in Pretty Valley then Bears are happy but it doesnot happen by accident:planning is necessary.
    And Parks need to be supportive of these ventures...:p

So those using Pretty Valley Hut during day or on camping trips at night were the big winners this year...

ladycamper likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Should be possible. A firewood delivery is made to the Rover Chalet each year.

Why not call in for a chat at the Mt Beauty ParksVic office early in the year?

ladycamper and Ubiquitous Steve like this.
  6. Ubiquitous Steve

Well Ziggy u may do a better job than Team Bears...yes the Rovers are allowed limited vehicle access....but I not holding my breathe with Parks Vic....

ladycamper likes this.
  7. Chaeron

Chaeron A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Parks Vic looking for a new CEO - anyone care to apply?

ladycamper likes this.
  8. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

I saw on Facebook this morning that grooming has already started out to Pretty Valley and Mt Mckay

Chaeron and ladycamper like this.
  9. Ubiquitous Steve

Thought as much.....my works will continue elsewhere.....
    at least a minimum got done down in there with no standing trees touched and all firewood sourced from natural tree fall onto Block 24 Roadway.

Likewise no standing trees touched at Weston's...some gathered to wood shelter cut smaller and several fallen trees over mini track to creek.

10. Chaeron

Chaeron A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Went up Mt McKay from Windy Corner on Saturday - marginal snow, softening up in the afternoon and some bald patches, but nonetheless - quite lovely higher up - encountered 6 cross-country skiers mid-morning/ afternoon. By the looks of it Feathertop, Spion Kopje, The Fainters & Bogong all look promising, but who knows how it will pan out.

Ubiquitous Steve likes this.