1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Favourite Things

Discussion in 'Snow Talk' started by anniebans2, Jul 16, 2008.

1. anniebans2

anniebans2 First Runs

My favourite things on ski trips are:

Waiting in line on the first day and hoping you remember how to onboard/offboard and ski just as well as you did last season.

Standing at the top of a run, planning my descent and thinking how graceful it will be.

Finding a short queue on the mountain.

Listening to the silence (besides the slice of skis on snow and the whirring of the chairlifts).

Meeting strangers on lifts.

Taking in the scenery.

Hot chocolate breaks.

2. cold wombat

cold wombat Twitter Contributer Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

When I was a kid it was finding a nice fast run with the shortest lift queue at the bottom.

Now it's watching the kids learn and improve and savoring the memories it brings back.

And enjoying a long graceful turn down a nice fresh dry cover on a firm base. Actually now that I think about it, the transition from one turn to the other. Something majestic about the feel of a smooth transfer of weight from one side to the other at speed.

Watching large snowflakes settle on a quiet day. Magic.

3. Kahanamoku

Kahanamoku One of Us

I like:

Seeing your mate fallen in front of you and carving a wave of snow over them.

seeing your mate fallen under the chairlift when you go over and brushing the snow off your board onto them!

[​IMG]

#3 Kahanamoku, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013