Fire Weather Warning
for the Far North Coast fire area
Issued at 4:40 am EST on Thursday 28 September 2017.
Hot, dry northwesterly winds ahead of a southwest to southerly change in the late afternoon or evening.
For the rest of Thursday 28 September:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire area:
Far North Coast
The NSW Rural Fire Service advises you to:
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- Action your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation through your local radio station, www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au.
- Call 000 (Triple Zero) in an emergency.
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your property - if in doubt, leave.