1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Firewood and access reports NE Vicco

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by Ubiquitous Steve, May 17, 2018.

1. Ubiquitous Steve

Ubiquitous Steve A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Take your plastic cup for the creek....The water should be running clear after the minor intrusion of Ubi in the creek.

2. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Silver

I went up to Keppel's hut yesterday 16/12/19.
    The road up there has turned to shite. DEWLP have done nothing to fix it this green season.
    I fetched my unused supply drop and went and inspected the whole foot track from the hut to Lake Mt. . It needs a brush cutter from top to bottom. I took a fully fuelled up chain saw up to the top where the track meets the Hut Loop ski trail on Lake Mtn. That was a slog.
    I had to cut quite a bit of fallen timber on the upper snow gum/ snow grass section. It was time consuming and taxing.
    I bumped into Mr. Jafar with whom I have skied twice during the 2019 LM ski season. He was out for a LM bush walk on his day off. The weather was not too hot and quite sunny.
    The Team leader has cut quite a bit of timber on the lower foot track. Team bears have done some good work .The flies were intense. I forgot my insect head net!
    :-0
    I stopped into see @teckel on the way home.
    She has not been feeling too well lately
    :-( .

#402 Mister Tee on XC Skis, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  3. Ubiquitous Steve

Excellent work ....so it’s chainsawed top to bottom now.Maybe later Team Bears could take the brushcutter with circular saw blade up and use some two stroke .Again good work Mr T.So summer walks with the family should be a little easier.Did you like our creek water track?

4. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Hi. Yes the fallen timber has been chain sawed from top to bottom. I made sure the track was safe although I did not clear all the debris to a fastidious level of OHS standards. Nothing can fall or flip up on walkers. They will not have to crawl under or over anything.
    A Brush cutter in late Jan. when the plants stop growing would be the ticket for the whole track esp. the top half . Long Heath ski trail is in need of a full Makita chainsaw festival but that will have to wait for now.
    The Bears have done some fine work and the small access route to the third stream of water on the way up is a welcome addition to the whole foot route.

Bogong likes this.
  5. Mister Tee on XC Skis

The Makita chainsaw bag with a bar oil catcher is a good piece of kit. It can hold ear and eye protection , chainsaw safety gloves, two plastic wedges etc. and a chainsaw. Once I had the chainsaw out of the case and running, I had it idling for most of the job. It is idling well and running so well since I had it serviced in Autumn 2019.The chain brake works as it should.:thumbs:

#405 Mister Tee on XC Skis, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  6. Ubiquitous Steve

It must be a haul with metal bar and all gear.But crow bar is invaluable tool when working by self especially to move things off track.Also useful should bar get pinched to release it.Looks like you have a good set up there.When saws are running nicely it makes it so good.Did you file up teeth in the time up track.

7. Mister Tee on XC Skis

I was shown how to sharpen the teeth on the chain in my chainsaw handling course but it is easier to leave it with the local power tool shop in my neighbourhood and get them to do it. At present the saw is spitting out big wood chips , not saw dust, which is a true indicator of how sharp the teeth on the chain are.
    My chain was pinched on one occasion but I was able to kill the motor , engage the chain brake and lever up the log so I could prise the chain free. Usually I am cutting from underneath and fallen poles tend not to give me much trouble pinching the bar that way. I look for where the tension and compression is , which way it will fall when I cut it and keep a clear escape route .
    Usually if you cut 3/4 of the way from underneath and then make a close parallel cut , you only have to tap it with the chainsaw or tomahawk from the top and the log will drop .
    Those fallen snow gum poles were numerous but none were wide enough to require the use of wedges to prevent the cut from closing over .

8. Ubiquitous Steve

I am pleased you got them the other day....I it would have been a trying day up there today even though you are in a lot of shade.Again well done.

9. Mister Tee on XC Skis

There are so many dead trees waiting to fall down up there. Maybe another walk through in May with the chainsaw would be good for the track .
    Monday was the day to do this job because the rest of the week looked too hot. I don't go out into the bush on 40 C. degree days if I can avoid it. Friday will be 40 C.+ Maybe a day of surfing could be a cooler pastime even if the surf is small.

10. Ubiquitous Steve

Those fire trucks better be serviced and ready to move from now on....The intense fires ...especially around Marysville have clobbered all the mature trees...there was interest shown earlier in getting an approved team to cut Keppels Hut Track regularly....well at least that group will have less to do and can concentrate on other areas.

The closed firetrail from near Lake Mt to Keppels Hut 4x4 track used commonly for this loop walk how is that ???? ....has it got fallen trees or has it been cleared but is now kept permananently closed for management reasons??Landslips?Dangerous trees?Mr T may know ??
    Gate now open on Lady Talbot Drive from Keppels 4x4 track to Marysville (Sthn part past water falls ).

11. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Yes Lady Talbot road is now open the whole way from both approaches and it makes a great day out . It is scenic and could be good for Mtn. Bikes, hikers or just SUV AWD joy riders.
    The Upper Taggerty Track has been closed to all 4 x 4 traffic since the Marysville fires devastated the entire area in 2009. So imagine ten years of regrowth with no Makita haircuts and no Team Bears with the brush cutter along that vehicular track. I would imagine walking along it would be ' interesting'.
    The Upper Taggerty track does make a loop from the LM car park for a green season day hike. If you follow that track it pops out near the Keppel's hut 4 x 4 track. From there one proceeds on foot to the hut itself and then up the Keppel's hut track to The Hut Loop ski trail . From there one then continues to Panorama ski trail and back to LM and the car park via Royston road ski trail.
    If The Upper Taggerty track was cut and slashed back then a solid long day tour on BC XC skis could be possible . The snow would have to be rather deep low down . Starting from the Mt. Margaret winter locked gate at Lady Talbot road would be too far for one day on planks, even if you snow camped at Mt. M. gap the night before.
    The ski tour would have to follow the route I have described above.

12. Ubiquitous Steve

13. Ubiquitous Steve

Upper Taggerty Project has kept Team Busy of late!

14. Ubiquitous Steve

15. snowgum

snowgum One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Great isolated work Steve.

some big logs there!

ski access looks better!

Mister Tee on XC Skis and Bogong like this.
  16. Mister Tee on XC Skis

With a low dump of snow i.e 15 cm at 1000 M , coming in from Mt. Margaret gap in 4WD or AWD with chains, a snow shovel and a chainsaw and some good luck will make a nice SOLO physical distancing 20 km day tour on BC XC skis without needing to use the LM front entrance. I was walking this very loop on March 9th 2020 when I met the team leader hard at work.
    He works without ear, eye, leg , hand or face protection. I suggested chaps, hearing protection etc. but he did not seem too concerned.
    I will need to brush up on communicating via sign language for our next meeting at this rate ;-P
    I took some photos of his handy work. The bears of course were working under instructions. These bears been slaving over this project for sometime but the Team Leader has kept it quiet until the job has been 99% completed.
    DEWLP and Parks Vic. do nothing to keep these vital tracks open to fire control vehicles and search and rescue vehicles. If a fire raced up the hillside towards the LM resort this route would be the last line of containment.
    Plus bushwalking , mountain biking and BC XC skiing enthusiasts all gain from this route becoming easier to pass through.

Bogong likes this.
  17. Ubiquitous Steve

Yes it’s better..road surface is pretty good as this management track has been closed to vehicles for some time.Corona virus travel restrictions will make further tidying up difficult ..but this approx 9km of track are now pretty good...good for families on bikes that just want a ride on a more open scenic track.Good for pack hauling where getting under and over debri just drains the body!It is more open than the narrow Mt Bike tracks in the Lake Mt Area. and there are many scenic vistas....creeks for drinking etc.

Anybody camping or picnicing along there must be cautious of falling limbs and trees at all times.
    Let’s hope folk get to enjoy this when restrictions are lifted in regard to corvid-19.

Mister Tee on XC Skis likes this.
  18. Ubiquitous Steve

When time permits and travel restrictions are lifted in regard to corona then this log jamb may get further work ....but it was simplified as best the little bears could manage!

Attached Files:

19. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Camping, fishing , golf ,eating in public in a group larger than 2 (i.e .picnics) and many other hobbies and sports have been banned in VIC. as of 2/4/20. Surfing has not been specifically banned but driving from the city to the coast is now a big NO NO.
    Anyone caught having any fun will be punished !!!

Cycling solo is still permitted. Bicycle shops are still open too.
    By Late June I will have legs like a super human athlete from all the cycling that I will be doing.

Ubiquitous Steve likes this.
  20. Ubiquitous Steve

With restrictions lifted Team Bears have been making lots of wood chips.Another 064 Stihl 24inch bar was purchased from Stihl Dealer in Buxton.We played with it yesterday for the first time.

More work has been done on Keppels Walking Track.......Upper Taggerty Road was inspected over weekend and is clear out to the Gap ...some 5kms from the Keppels 4x4 Road.Its ckear for bushwalkers /skiers.Another check of the Lake Mt end will get done hopefully before snow settles .But assume it’s in pretty good condition from 6months ago....then it was a bit tragic!

Attached Files:

21. Ubiquitous Steve

Oh....the major work on that beast was performed by some body else .Bears just made it a bit wider and safer!

22. Jacko4650

Jacko4650 One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Thank goodness the restrictions are being lifted. There are a few forum members that have been going a little mad lately, so it's good that people are being permitted to do what they like to do, including the great work you do for the trails in Vicco.

23. snowgum

Great work Steve!

A bit sad how few big trees are left there?? Is that mostly bushfire?
    (trying not to stir the L-R pot too much here!)

24. Ubiquitous Steve

I needed to do a test with the new second hand 064 Stihl.....first impressions of this 24inch bar saw are good....my old 064 had a dry seizure according to motor mower man ....but it’s good to have a big saw for those medium to very large diameter fallen trees.Restrictions have curtailed activities for a bit..but we do what we can where we can.So at times others cut their way through and at least a second party can improve on dangerous bits in a short time!

Not many weekends left before some tracks get closed off....and then distance prohibits some works.

The recent hot fires mean that track/road maintenance is just on going as those dead trees hit the ground.
    Cheers!
    There are quite a few other folk doing as we do......and this is pleasing.....

Jacko4650 likes this.
  25. Mister Tee on XC Skis

I saw The Team Leader on the weekend cutting a log and clearing the way on the Mt. Margaret road. I went up to slash back the worst sections of the foot track that joins Keppel's hut with the Upper XC ski trails at Lake Mtn.. Access should be better now that about 3/4 of the said foot track has been properly dealt with. The last section to the top needs to be slashed back properly at some stage.I ran out of time and just did worst bits that needed doing the most.
    BC XC ski access in heavy snow from Keppel's hut to Lake Mt. should be less of a chore now.

The ski patrol should be able to get down there more easily if need be.There are no logs across the track and most of the scrub that would usually lean over the track when fully loaded with snow has been given a major haircut.

The photos depict recent activity in the said area.

This photo is from before this section was given a HUSQVARNA haircut.
    That 4WD track up to Keppel's hut is shite house. Come on DELWP, FIX IT!!!

#425 Mister Tee on XC Skis, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
  26. Mister Tee on XC Skis

There are some big trees still standing out that way but most of them are dead and ready to drop onto the tracks, people and vehicles up there :-0 .It will take many decades for the forest in the Lake Mtn. area to recover from the 2009 fires.

27. Ubiquitous Steve

Oh it’s sad around Marysville....age distribution of living trees is pretty sad overall.
    Those mature and old growth trees have been fried !Please no more fires around Marysville for a couple of decades.

snowgum likes this.
  28. Ubiquitous Steve

DSE do have some very good staff around Marysville ....best to approach them politely and ask if they can fix the deeply rutted section that Mr T nearly got stuck in....at least if they fix this it will be a start...

It’s very frustrating when tracks are closed and others become a challenge but the DSE have a mammoth job to perform....They keep that Mt Margaret Road patrolled and clear....I have seen their crews in action.....they are good at the job ..So....please be tolerant of them....just ask them again if they can see some repairs happening on the horizon.Their earth movers cannot be everywhere at once ...

But ...as Mt T says .....parts of the Keppels Hut Vehicle track should be of a standard such that small suvs with 4WD can gain access to this beautiful area for a day visit or an overnighter .

29. Mister Tee on XC Skis

If DELWP are not going to fix that track then they should put up a sign saying " Full time low range /High Clearance 4x4 access only".
    If it wasn't for having All terrain mud and snow rated tyres, a limited slip differential and AWD I could have been in bother.
    :-0
    It is along walk home when the flux capacitor is rogered out on one of those tracks. Thankfully old Toyota AWD SUVs are pretty tough really.
    I don't want to have to thrash the Tee mobile and do 4WD stunt driving just to get up to that hut :-(.
    I seem to visit that hut and walking track maybe 4 times a year.

#429 Mister Tee on XC Skis, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
  30. snowgum

I think there’s a regional tourism angle - business case for improving this road and the KHT to Boundary Hut. Not everyone wants the city slicker /bituminised / crowded & now relatively expensive experience Offered by Lack Mountain. Some Public money Should also go to the SUV / remote bushwalking & ski experiences.

One idea to improve the area:
    Ultimately K Hut should link up properly via decent std trail to the main Lake Mtn trail system. Good (but not wheelchair std) trails should then link Bullfight (which has some nice rolling snowgums areas and small plains) and finally Torbrek. DELWP / PV could plonk one or two decent walk-in huts & loos at logical spots (10-15 km intervals).

This LM-Torbrek walk could attract people as a doable & much shorter ‘AWT’ alternative which few people will ever complete (or much of). It would help bring income to the area and provide employment to rangers and labourers (sorry Steve, competition!) - especially during the green season. This longer term is particularly important as fires and past logging reduce the supply of economic Timber in the future (my take).

Back more on topic. As a layperson, it looks to me like the KH road needs some ‘metal’ in it on top of a firmer base? Like a lot of Vic subalpine tracks and roads, they don’t stand up to regular use in heavy rain.

But this would need a big bucket o cash? It’s hard to see it being found Immediately post Covid 19 unless it’s part of the ‘pump-priming’ of the economy. But if done well we wouldn’t need to have the same talking points each year? And then we could tackle the next needy SUV track - say The Bluff/King Billy/ Brocks Rd? (Buller / Howitt Region). Endless need there!

31. Mister Tee on XC Skis

The LM / Mt.Bullfight / Mt. Torbreck track will never happen. PV and DELWP cannot even agree on keeping the Keppel's hut foot track open.
    The section of the track from Lovick's Hut to King Billy # 1 saddle is hard core 4 x 4 access only.
    Keppel's hut track is heading that way.
    The team leader and I, (with some help from @beefa skiing ) have totally rehabilitated the Keppel's hut walking track . It was very overgrown with some huge logs across it 2-3 years ago .
    It was an SAS commando course and had the LM ski patrol needed to get down there , well I think they would have needed good luck.
    PB XC Skiing/ skinning up/snow shoe trekking it could be possible in heavy snow with complete deep cover from
    1300 M. to 1400 M. +ASL but some sections would be hairy to ski down really :-0. I would take the skis off or side step down it very carefully. There are wash outs , rocky bits, steep drop offs, creeks at the bottom of some descents etc.
    It is clear to carry skis up there now and you will not catch your skis on overhanging vegetation.

The blackberries need to be sprayed and killed off next spring.

Lady Talbot road up to Upper Taggerty track from Marysville has been shut in part for nearly all of this green season . There are logs down on it and some sections would be boggy at best.
    I think you can get to Phantom falls via Lady Talbot Drive from Marysville but after that the gate is shut .
    This scenic drive including the Mt. Margaret road used to be promoted as a 2wd family drive with picnic sites next to the Taggerty river . The sign at the locked gate now says 4WD only.

The team leader should take the small chain saw and investigate on foot!.

snowgum likes this.
  32. snowgum

I like your work on the KH Hut access Mr T. State Govt. should at least compensate you for fuel and major expenses but we do everything on the cheap in this state (well in the bush!) but we some some how find the money (as we should do) for world class art centres and sport stadiums. Perhaps bushiest arent demanding enough? Or we’ll fight tooth and nail to keep a ‘rough as guts’ 4WD track open (like Stirling) and then barely a murmur as the tracks goes to the dogs! Weird!

By the way; KB Track needn’t be hard core - I used to do it OK, but with caution in a few spots in my old RAV4 Manual (to Picture Point) in the late 90s/early 00s (pre sproglets!). The circuit used to get a plough/work occasionally. It was even shut for an extended period after a heavy/wet winter or heavy autumn rains.

It could Fixed again if ‘troops Rallied’ again?

33. Mister Tee on XC Skis

That track from the Bluff hut to King Billy #1 is sometimes closed for prolonged periods and regraded but it seems to be churned up by heavy duty 4 WD traffic and precipitation. I have not walked the Cairn Creek track at all. I might scout it out next green season on foot.
    I am wary of pushing my luck in a 2003 RAV4. As my mechanic says , very few RAV4 owners drive it like I do!
    It is not a Nissan Patrol at all.
    Apart from the Keppel's hut track I don't do much other off the radar track work. I do volunteer with BTAC when possible and offer my assistance with official track clearing sometimes.
    PV's total budget for all of VIC. is 0.5% of the total budget for the state every year. The relevant bushwalking and 4 WD lobby groups make their cases to the Govt. of VIC. but not much happens really.

34. snowgum

Yes; care with the RAV - there’s so little body armour underneath compared with the big boys. We could recommend the 03 R50 Pathfinder (with low range) but you’d be very lucky to see anything that shape with low kms.

You’d realistically be looking at the next shape - big & boxy &that offered diesel and an extra gear/power/space.

Back more on topic: Most people Going bush in Vic would be appalled that we spend about half the per capita rate on NPs as our NSW cousins and a quarter the rate of Tasmania. A ‘voluntary’ ranger told us that snippet while up on Bogong ~ 13 years ago - so it could have changed?

I know NSW is a much bigger state but perhaps this partly explains why it’s so much harder to get funding for NP / SP funding down here. Perhaps unlike the other states, we don’t think they pull in O/S & interstate tourists. So it’s just an expense - not an income generator? Who knows?

35. Mister Tee on XC Skis

The Parks Vic. budget for all of VIC for each financial year remains at 0.5% of the entire state budget. The VNPA are campaigning to have that increased to 1% but Chairman Dan is not interested in nature , conservation and better funding of our parks at all.
    He would rather log them all if he could !

36. snowgum

I agree for a lefty Dan hadn’t shown much love for protecting forests, ie creating the GF / Cent High NP.

Maybe he’s waiting for ‘all’ the loggable timber to be cut/burnt then it’s an easier decision.

(bit off topic):
    Google Earth views of the CH aren't pretty. It looks like Swiss Cheese to me. Even without bushfires the intensity is questionable.

Back to topic (PV): re management of Parks: The inadequate budget is one thing but the way it’s spent is another. PV seems to concentrate on the family-friendly short; easy stuff close to Melbourne and parts of the coast (hey we’re Aussie! We live on the beach!).

This is fine, but where’s the love ($, FTEs, effort) on the medium-harder difficultly & length Trails for areas further from a Melbourne. I include much of the B high plains/ Howitt/ Bluff/ snowy Plains/ Pinnibar/ Cobberas/Davies P areas in this? These look to be run on a shoestring - I understand the rangers/staff cover huge areas - plus have to spend a lot of time in an office.

But how do we convince Dan post CV to better fund these function? Won’t be easy! Maybe get an independent analyst to produce a CB study of parks expediture? Imagine the drop in revenue at the big outdoor stores if we stopped visiting our parks and forests? Plus the negative health impacts? These links aren’t well documented - IMO.

37. Vermillion

Vermillion Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Im sorry if you think that being left = better protection for forests/woodlands/environment :( /backontopic :p

38. snowgum

So am I Verm. It does demonstrate to me the power of that bloody Japananese woodchip- contract Jeff put in place (or re-wrote) in the early 90s.

It would less Gaulling if Japan was devoid of timber! But travel to/from Hakuba showed the country valleys and hillsides are (mostly) full Of timber - much of it coniferous - and not dissimilar to the types logged in the US & Canada.

But yes V, city Labor has very little love for the bush & trees - a very close relative of the LIb city dweller.

But the green belt (NE subs & MornPen Bayside) Lib-Labs are a very different species altogether and have even been known to think similarly when it comes to environmental causes, CC, freeway expansion, bike policy, etc...

(can’t do my Sir David Attenborough accent thing online!). ;):p:whistle:

39. Ubiquitous Steve

Well Dan is spruiking that regional tourism is to be encouraged......so let’s see if he is prepared to spend some money on some of these trails and roads tracks.

Keppels hut is a draw card ....many folk have been coming up to see it before Covid-19 ....but it needs money to be ear marked for roadworks .

Seasons closures will operate shortly......but let’s see Dan in action funding such necessary works so folk can experience this regional tourism!

40. Ubiquitous Steve

Oh I will leave that to the Big Boys of DSE.The best way into Keppels is via Mt Margaret Gap.So I will concentrate activities there.But it’s sad that Lady Talbot Dve has been closed for so long...they need to get the State Government to provide the dollars so DSE can undertake roadworks and dangerous tree removal.

41. Ubiquitous Steve

Oh with limited slip diff.....and your off road tyers you have a good advsntage.....you might be able to put a lock right in your diff.....so it performs better under load.They are better than limited slip diff.
    Find out the price to convert your diff .....it’s an automatic locker....they are good....I had one in my former Suzi.You cannot spin a rear wheel with a lock right....so max power is going on to gripping wheel.

42. Mister Tee on XC Skis

WIKIPEDIA and the Limited Slip Differential.
    The main advantage of a limited-slip differential is demonstrated by considering the case of a standard (or "open") differential in off-roading or snow situations where one wheel begins to slip. In such a case with a standard differential, the slipping or non-contacting wheel will receive the majority of the power (in the form of low-torque, high rpm rotation), while the contacting wheel will remain stationary with respect to the ground. The torque transmitted by an open differential will always be equal at both wheels; if one tire is on a slippery surface, the supplied torque will easily overcome the available traction at a very low number. For example, the right tire might begin to spin as soon as 70 N⋅m (50 lb⋅ft) of torque is placed on it, since it is on an icy surface. Since the same amount of torque is always felt at both wheels, regardless of the speed at which they are turning, this means that the wheel with traction cannot receive more than 70 Nm of torque either, which is far less than is required to move the vehicle. Meanwhile, the tire on the slippery surface will simply spin, absorbing all of the actual power output (which is a function of torque provided over time), even though both wheels are provided the same (very low) amount of torque. In this situation, a limited-slip differential prevents excessive power from being allocated to one wheel, and so keeps both wheels in powered rotation, ensuring that the traction will not be limited to the wheel which can handle the minimum amount of power.

43. Ubiquitous Steve

I think a locked diff is better option if available ...you should google lock right!

44. neilmny

neilmny One of Us

I don't think that the expense would be warranted on a vehicle with not a great deal of ground clearance.
    Is your RAV4 a manual Mr. Tee? Does your model have a centre diff lock? With an LSD and a centre diff lock
    you would be able to go places that your clearance would allow.

45. snowgum

We had one our 95 RAV4. I felt they made quite a difference in challenging conditions.

I note Toyota removed this function (& constant 4WD) in one of their so-called upgrades, making the RAV more of a soft-roader but still a handy car.

Not dissing your car T but it’s annoying when brands remove good features and make them optional at extra cost or sometimes unavailable from the factory. :confused::(

Ask me about the lack of an intermittent front wiper on the std 95’ model but available on a Cruiser model or via an optional ‘Safety pack’. :mad: (A couple more grand!)

But it did have a std rear intermittent wiper on the back! Geez! :rolleyes:

46. Mister Tee on XC Skis

My next car will be a real 4 WD. This automatic transmission jalopy is the transitional horseless carriage. It is not worth trying hot up an old RAV4.It is not cost effective nor with sufficient clearance to warrant the investment.

neilmny and skifree like this.
  47. Bogong

Bogong Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

I can just imagine a 4WD that has spent its youth delivering children to school and doing runs to the supermarket. It has had a comfortable life and has never even been on a gravel road.

It is put up for sale and is looking forward to a relaxed semi retirement. Then Mr Tee buys it and actually uses it to its full capabilities. I hope the poor thing doesn't throw a rod out of shock! :eek:

48. snowgum

T’s RAV would be on the RHS of the RAV Heavy-user index!! :D

So was ours! o_O

49. neilmny

neilmny One of Us

Have a look for an older diesel Landcruiser Prado Mr. Tee. I got a 95 series (2001) last August and lovin' it. Fairly robust and capable and won't cost anything like a bigger brother Landcruiser.

50. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Yes, the Prado looks like the next step up in the Off road Toyota family.

snowgum likes this.