1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

First time family (wife wants high tea)

Discussion in 'Charlotte Pass' started by neo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. neo

neo First Runs

Hey everyone,

Looking to bring family down in late july/august for 3-5 days. 3 kids aged 2(non toilet trained at this stage),4,5. Trying to decide where to stay.

Wife is interested in chalet for its high tea(but a mad skier like myself). I don't think we want to cook ourselves. Leaning towards the chalet but not a done deal

I understand it's all ski in/out? are there any accomodation buildings that are less conveniently located? Short walks with gear/hot chocolate recharge for young ones and me the sherpa would be nice. Happy to hear any advice. Thanks

2. chicski

chicski A Local Ski Pass: Gold

When my kids were little, we had 2 trips to CP and stayed at the chalet. Going back over 10 years now, but back then they had a kids club where my non skiing youngest spent her days, and then both kids had dinner with them and after dinner kids club. I loved it. CP is a great little resort for young kids.

neo likes this.
  3. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

i've only been for a weekend but it looked like the perfect place for family with young kids. It was just a fantastic little ski resort if you didn't mind the limited runs. everything is close and it was very friendly. you could have a beer outside at the chalet while watching kids on the slopes

I loved the chalet (except $) but might not be everyone's cup of tea. Our room was great but I'm not sure that all rooms are the same standard.

Stillwell also looked pretty good. Officially a club but seemed to work like a commercial place

neo likes this.
  4. Untele-whippet

Untele-whippet beard stroker Ski Pass: Gold

Chalet - fantastic for a young family.
    Did 5 winter holidays there in the late 90’s.
    It may have changed since then BUT free child care in the day if required, kids eat separately to the adults at night then go to child care with great activities whilst the adults enjoy a nice relaxing adult dinner.
    Great food, ski in - ski out.
    Recommended.

chicski likes this.