1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

First timer skis free for a day

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Ziggy, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy A Local Ski Pass: Gold

2. Hully

Hully One of Us

FCSL continue to put out great value innovative offerings to get people skiing. Anybody with a friend or significant other that they have wanted to introduce to snowsports should get onto this. Spring is a great time to learn and a fantastic time just to be in the Mountains. Thumbs up Franno.

currawong likes this.
  3. weerab

weerab One of Us

That's great. Just as good is the free entry for over 65's at Buller. The ticket lady asked me if I was over 65 after apologising in advance if I wasn't. I had my wallet ready but was quite happy to put it back! I "skied" Stirling on Thursday and Buller on Friday so saved $80 over two days so treated myself to a bottle of St Huberts Chardonnay! I also bought a bottle of Jamieson Pale Ale but was not impressed, seemed very soapy, maybe I was not in the mood but anyway tossed half of it out.

Hully, glad to see that Feathertop Lodge at Falls had some of your beers but not the full range. They also had two Bridge Road Brewery beers on tap. I also went to Astra and asked for one of yours which was on the beer list but it was out of stock and a recent delivery of another Sweetwater beer was still warm! I was forced to drink a Mexican Amber beer which was typically Mexican and crapito!

4. Stratus

Stratus A Local

5. Hully

Hully One of Us

They may now be operating under one logo again but do not confuse what FCSL is doing with regards to innovative and attractive lifted products with RMB resort entry fees.

6. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Have to agree with Hully that Falls has introduced some great deals under Franno. Whoever is generating the ideas, it still needs good managers to make them happen.

Another goodie this Sept is that kids 15-18 can ski at kids prices, not the usual adult price.

7. weerab

weerab One of Us

Well I barely know what FCSL and RMB stand for and I certainly don't know who Franno is, so I don't really care who is responsible for the good deals. Perhaps Lake Mountain management should take note. I mean, Buller just wipes the $40 for over 65s and what does LM do, take $2 off an already inflated $53, what an f'n joke.

8. Hully

Hully One of Us

That's the problem....you don't make yourself aware of who, or what organisation, is responsible for determining what you are paying and direct your concerns and "f'n" annoyance to them. That's what I do. As much as venting on a public forum is a way of voicing your personal opinion to like minded people, it will hardly make a difference. Very easy to find out who charges what...at Falls Creek it is the Falls Creek Resort Management Board, at Lake Mountain it is Belgravia.

9. ocker

ocker Hard Yards

Missed this post at the time as I was skiing at Falls and headed straight off to Italy for some walking. I have made a number of suggestions over the Years to FCSL that they do something like this but has fallen on death ears. In particular many ethnic groups of 8 to 12 staying off the mountain who come for snow play for the weekend from Melbourne. And it is a one time only visit, where they ride the village transport, have a picnic and do some tobogganing, and hardly even see anyone skiing except perhaps cross country skiers returning to Windy Corner if lucky. I have suggested that FCSL offer at the entry gate when they buy their entry, a hard to refuse deal to get at least one of the group (particularly an adolescent) to have a beginners lesson. If they enjoy the lesson then it is highly likely they will come back for a number of return visits and bring friends with them. My experience is that these cultural groups do not do things in ones or two's. If you get one back you will get at least half a dozen friends and relatives with them. It is a real marketing opportunity missed in that so few of the day visitors are being up sold a skiing taster.

Twinheadedmonkey likes this.