Freshwater
its easy to be a fan with this one
she’s an irresistible force
an incredibly disciplined athlete, very charming, gorgeous
[stopping now, could be embarrassing]
I’m keeping my autographed Åre 2019 volunteer jacket forever

961D9BCC-9B5C-42BC-80DA-D859E4F13CFD.jpeg

there’s a selfie too, but I’m staying anon so not posting it
Chuckle .. so all those pics of you in your other thread don’t count :)

Last edited:

sly_karma

Green Bastard
Ski Pass
Dec 12, 2005
Penticton, BC
Mikaela seems more self aware and calculating than Ms Vonn. She appears to be deliberately protecting herself mentally and physically from injury and overwork. As evidence, I present her gradual entry into speed events and her decision not to race all possible disciplines at big events like Olympics and worlds.

Lindsey went all out, all the time, and over the years her body paid the price. She missed out on Stenmarks record mainly because of multiple rounds of races missed due to injury. Mikaela is more careful, spends less time on speed courses, and (so far) has sustained less injury time. Gotta love Lindsey's all in attitude, but Mikshif will probably surpass her records.

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaltown
Mikaela seems more self aware and calculating than Ms Vonn. She appears to be deliberately protecting herself mentally and physically from injury and overwork. As evidence, I present her gradual entry into speed events and her decision not to race all possible disciplines at big events like Olympics and worlds.

Lindsey went all out, all the time, and over the years her body paid the price. She missed out on Stenmarks record mainly because of multiple rounds of races missed due to injury. Mikaela is more careful, spends less time on speed courses, and (so far) has sustained less injury time. Gotta love Lindsey's all in attitude, but Mikshif will probably surpass her records.
it’s a deliberate approach
Mikaela has referred to a conversation with Tina Maze, who advised her not to take on everything at once
the risk of injury must be in everyone’s calculations but in this case there’s even more at stake

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass