1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Use the Force filters, Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

TUTORIAL: How to post in Gear Swap so it sells

Sold Fischer E99 touring skis 180cm (2 pairs)

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by axellotta, Jun 1, 2020.

1. axellotta

axellotta Addicted

Hi all, up for grabs are two sets of Fischer E99 touring skis. They are brilliant no-fuss, super lightweight and efficient, go anywhere touring skis but they suck at telemark turns due to their centre channel. I have thus decided to move to a wider touring ski and need them gone.

Set #1: $275 Excellent used condition, mounted with Rottefella NNN-BC Autos. Comes with full length 50mm mohair/nylon mix skins. I have owned these skis for about three years and they have seen less than 10-15 days of use. I will supply waxed and diamond hone the edges.

Set #2: $175 Unused. They were bought for a mate who subsequently moved overseas and have been sitting in my shed ever since. They still have the original stickers intact. They have some rust on the edges that will be removed when the edge angle is set for the first time (I could do this for a small fee if you would prefer). Also supplied with an identical set of 50mm full length skins. Never mounted with bindings, I have a set of Tele Bulldogs that I could mount for an extra $50.

Pickup in Macedon VIC, or Melbourne CBD by arrangement, or postage at buyers cost.

2. AndyCrow

AndyCrow Hard Yards

Hey, if you would be willing to sell the bulldogs I'd be interested. Thanks

Chaeron likes this.
  3. axellotta

axellotta Addicted

Hi Andy, sent you a PM

4. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Gold Ski Pass: Silver

180 cm is too short for my weight but I have shared this ad. with some of my friends who are XC ski dabblers. They are not fully converted to my white season religion nor do they froth about the activity the way I do.

5. axellotta

axellotta Addicted

Thanks Mr Tee, much appreciated. You should know that the unused skis are gone and so are the bulldogs. I still have the set with the NNN-BC Autos, and the two sets of skins.

Mister Tee on XC Skis likes this.
  6. axellotta

axellotta Addicted

All items except the new skins are now gone. Thanks everyone!

7. Mister Tee on XC Skis

How much do you want for the remaining skins? My friend in Myrtleford has never used skins. She has not lived!

8. axellotta

axellotta Addicted

$50 They currently don't have any tip or tail attachments but could throw in some stainless steel tip bars if they suit you friend's tip widths.

9. Mister Tee on XC Skis

She XC skis on similar sized BC XC skis to those that you have depicted and sold in this ad. .

10. axellotta

axellotta Addicted

Happy to throw them in no problem and she can attach them if they fit. I’ve run out of rivets though but they available online very cheaply. As far as tail connections go, I’d recommend rat tails as they work very well and are not expensive. I’ll include another couple pieces of cut to length stainless rod if she chooses to use this method.

Mister Tee on XC Skis likes this.
  11. Mister Tee on XC Skis

For her first set of skins there must be nothing fiddly or left to complete nor any pieces that she can misplace, She would leave her head behind somewhere if it was not screwed on.
    :p
    I think Black Diamond kicker skins might be better for her. However despite being a life long skier and living in the area she is not a real major BC XC skier. She has never ever been to Edmondson's hut nor Johnson's or Fitzgerald's hut in white season on skis or in green season for that matter . Using skins is not vital on those routes but at Mt. Stirling they can be a major improvement for a day out on planks.

12. axellotta

axellotta Addicted

Totally understand. I’m in no rush to sell them anyway. Thanks for passing on the details regardless.