1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

    We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

    NOTE: This notice may be closed.

    Dismiss Notice

Fischer Factory Fire

Discussion in 'Snow Talk' started by skinavy, Oct 18, 2020.

  1. skinavy

    skinavy One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2001
    Messages:
    2,342
    Likes Received:
    2,385
    Location:
    Canberra, ACT
    Chaeron likes this.
  2. Chowder11

    Chowder11 Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2003
    Messages:
    12,526
    Likes Received:
    8,038
    Location:
    Elwood
    bummer
    season 2022 manufacturing would be just about to be ramped up
     
    Chaeron likes this.
  3. Seth

    Seth Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2000
    Messages:
    42,533
    Likes Received:
    21,947
    Location:
    The Higher Ground
    Not the most damaging time to lose capacity.
     
    Snow Blowey and crackson like this.
  4. teckel

    teckel Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2004
    Messages:
    46,150
    Likes Received:
    15,905
    Location:
    Narbethong, Vic
    Fischer's XC skis manufactured there too.
    That factory manufactures 60% of Fischer's skis. The other 40% (presumably their more 'up market' skis) made in Austria. Production of the bulk 60% might be moved to China? :(
     
    Chaeron likes this.
  5. Mister Tee on XC Skis

    Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Gold Ski Pass: Silver

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2015
    Messages:
    8,943
    Likes Received:
    8,104
    Location:
    Melbourne
    I bought some Fischer XC BC skis new from EMC ski shop in 2018 or 2019 . They are Chinese made. They work fine. I just need some snow and be allowed out to XC ski in 2021.
     
  6. DPS Driver

    DPS Driver A Local

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2014
    Messages:
    5,044
    Likes Received:
    5,399
    Not good.

    Lots of burny burny stuff in a ski factory. Not something you could bring under control easily.
     
    Chaeron and CarveMan like this.
  7. Fozzie Bear

    Fozzie Bear One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2014
    Messages:
    4,681
    Likes Received:
    7,427
    Location:
    In the woods
  8. skinavy

    skinavy One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2001
    Messages:
    2,342
    Likes Received:
    2,385
    Location:
    Canberra, ACT
    Seems that was an error in the original report. They have their own factory in Switzerland, which produces most of their products, and use a factory in Slovakia for kids skis.
     
    Chaeron likes this.