1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed Former Garmont Syner-g or Evo Tele boot owners?

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by Peagreenboat, May 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Peagreenboat

Peagreenboat Hard Yards

I have just bought a pair of Garmont Evos (tele boots), same as the Synerg-g, but female specific and the person who sold them has so far not found the adjustment thingo that adjusts the forward pitch. I've never used these types of boots before with different pitches. Has anyone had them and know if I can use something else and what I'd be looking for (is it a small hex key?) and any other info on how to adjust them. Would really appreciate any info.
    Apols if this is in the wrong area, it didn't look like a question for Equipment.

2. telecrag

telecrag Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

From memory the small hex key tool thing is for adjusting cant. The cuff lock has two settings, one more upright, and the other further forward, its just where the cuff is when you flick the lock lever, it clicks into the first one it gets to. So to get the more aggressive angle, push the cuff forward, before flicking the lever.

I think.

Peagreenboat likes this.
  3. Peagreenboat

Peagreenboat Hard Yards

..so I can put them in walk mode and put the cuff forward and they will feel like my leathers :))))
    I've had a look and what you say makes sense. I didn't realise it was for the cuff or it was movable. I will go looking for a hex key if the person who sold them does not manage to track them down, and have a play with them. Thanks for the quick reply, that's very helpful (and I'm very happy to finally have a female specific boots...my god, the difference that the fit feels!)

4. telecrag

Cant (not sure of spelling) is the sideways angle of the cuff, adjustments best done with a boot fitter IMO, though I did do it myself once.

Peagreenboat likes this.
  5. skifree

skifree Part of the Furniture Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Forward pitch is two position controlled by a lever at the back labeled walk or ski.

The hex on the side of the boot is for fine adjustment of the sideways cant. This is set, try, fiddle then forget. Most folks are better not touching it or only touching it with the help of a boot fitter.

Peagreenboat, telecrag and piolet like this.
  6. telecrag

^that is pretty much what i was trying to say, only clearer!

Peagreenboat and skifree like this.
  7. telecrag

Would only bother with cant adjusment if its a problem too. Knock knees etc. they are usually set to fit normal stance from the factory.

Peagreenboat likes this.
  8. rols

rols Hard Yards

Just to make it clear how to use the 2 locked positions.
    To access the more upright locked position, flex the unlocked cuff back, flick the locking lever, then flex the cuff forward and the pin drops into the first hole. To get the more forward cuff angle, flex the unlocked cuff all the way forward, flick the locking lever, then flex the cuff backward and the pin drops into the second hole.

Peagreenboat likes this.
  9. rols

rols Hard Yards

or just remove the whole locking mechanism, save a few grams and never worry about it again. The syner-g skis really well without the cuff locked.

Peagreenboat likes this.
  10. Peagreenboat

Peagreenboat Hard Yards