Site update Forum Membership Changes - discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D64133

I wish to know how your 'status' gets changed, e.g. I are an active member, ( joe don't ! ) some are part of the furniture, in the pool room, old and crusty etc?
just curious.................................:nerd:

Reactions: JoeKing

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I wish to know how your 'status' gets changed, e.g. I are an active member, ( joe don't ! ) some are part of the furniture, in the pool room, old and crusty etc?
just curious.................................:nerd:
It happens as you rack up more posts. IIRC pool room is 40,000 posts. Old and crusty might be 10,000 etc

Reactions: D64133

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Although now its by "points" rather than strictly by post count (which is the normal way to get points along with like counts). If the admins award points for any reason then you may get a status change before the usual post count thresholds.

Reactions: D64133

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
Just got locked out.....rebirthing was not as invigorating as I had hoped.

This is the thing and the thing is this...

I've walked the hot coals and my pain and is over.

We now have a critical mass of subscriptions and I'm now kinda only interested in looking after the needs of the true believers.

In it's own small way, it's a unique insight in how important the tipping point changes everything for the dynamics of the NY Times.

Subscribers will now drive the Times to a new apex of reader revenue,approaching 60% of all its income. The Times, like all its peers, used to look at “circulation” revenue as but as a means to lucrative ad revenue. Ad revenue – now near totally disrupted by digital marketing and Google and Facebook, in their duopolistic domination– used to drive 75% of the business. Now at the Times, it is down to 37%. Consequently, as print advertising continues its steep decline, the Times is less affected by that drop than other publishers still more dependent on advertising, as compared to reader, revenue.

Egbert

One of Us
Feb 6, 2015
This is the thing and the thing is this...
We now have a critical mass of subscriptions and I'm now kinda only interested in looking after the needs of the true believers.

:D So you are only interested in us when we show you the colour of our money.

Pretty simple really - I don't pay a cent, I don't get to whinge about how things are run.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
:D So you are only interested in us when we show you the colour of our money.

Pretty simple really - I don't pay a cent, I don't get to whinge about how things are run.

@Egbert

As a member that falls in the 1000~3000 post range - can I confirm with you that you see a notice at the top of threads when in any of the Apres forums please?

D

D64133

So there I was scrolling thru the wonderland that is ski.com.au, when shock horror I noticed banner ads! then realised my gold member had fallen off also!!
So I have renewed my gold member.
need to let me now when I are about to expire, the trauma of seeing banner ad's again.
I may need counselling.
:DLOL

Reactions: Hyst and LMB

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
@Billy_Buttons

Did you receive an email from the forums after renewing? And if so, could you please forward to me, support@ski.com.au

I'd like to track down its template and add the FAQ link. It's really hard to nail a template in this thing, there are literally over a thousand snippets that piece together.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
@Billy_Buttons

Did you receive an email from the forums after renewing? And if so, could you please forward to me, support@ski.com.au

I'd like to track down its template and add the FAQ link. It's really hard to nail a template in this thing, there are literally over a thousand snippets that piece together.
No email received directly from Leisurenet. Paypal did confirm though.

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
Hi @Richard ...i wanted to be a gold member from silver and i clicked on 'gift' but nothing happened. of course i kept clicking.....

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
Hi @Richard ...i wanted to be a gold member from silver and i clicked on 'gift' but nothing happened. of course i kept clicking.....

@mr

Ohh ok,

Interesting scenario,

Gift is for purchasing for someone else, ie buy a subscription as a gift. But reads like you can't see a button for upgrade to Gold pass from Silver.

I'll have to look at the cascade of settings. I'm out of office until Monday without a real computer so if you can hold your horses on the desire to give more money for about a week I'll attend asap.

Thanks

Reactions: mr

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
@mr

Hang on, you are also 14,000 posts...

Ahhh,

I know what has happened, one of those upgrade idiosyncrasies, existing Silver members (which was previously Image Hosting Only) with more than 3000 posts got missed in the forced upgrade math last year.

I'm onto you now, exploiting a loophole huh!!!!

Reactions: mr

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
Damn, i should have screenshotted my silver-gold status. Now im just a goldie like all you others! Loophole has noosed up on me. :)

Thanks @Richard.....and thanks for keeping this forum going.....its still my only one after 14 years + or whatevs it is

Im sure others sleep around, but im a one-forum fella....quality over quantity

MarkGC

One of Youse
Ski Pass
Jul 28, 2010
Northern NSW
I have been on here sporadically over the last few months and today I noticed that I am no longer "dedicated" I am "one of us" There is also "hard yards" and "local". What do all these titles now mean?

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Canberra
I have been on here sporadically over the last few months and today I noticed that I am no longer "dedicated" I am "one of us" There is also "hard yards" and "local". What do all these titles now mean?
Refer to this and thread it is in.
What motivated me was seeing 'Just Registered' and 'New Member' on long forgotten Avatars with joined dates of 10 years ago or so. Clearly not just registered or new.

So I changed those to 'first runs' & 'early days' and got rid of anything with 'member' in it.

If you are Gold and you don't like the points ladder title, you can now edit it in your preferences (a bonus feature for Goldies) @Marty_McSly.

and yes, it sits with me as a bit naff too. Will think of something better eventually.
You can change it!

cin

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 31, 2008
Chernobyl, Russia
same old
I reckon I should be old and crusty, its appropriate
only 900 posts left!
back in my bear pit days that would be a couple of weeks
now much longer
but I don't miss it!!!