Forum Search Borked

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
If you enter a word in the search field there is no dropdown with additional options, and doing a search results in a rude message. At least it does for me. W10. Tried Chrome and Edge.

azzski

Should know better
Ski Pass
Aug 6, 1999
St Kilda, Australia
Desktop Chrome 88.0.4324.104 on Win10 (just updated Chrome).

No longer any buttons for advanced search, just the single field - and trying to search for anything gives a Ski Forum Error.

Working fine on Chrome on my mobile.

azzski

Should know better
Ski Pass
Aug 6, 1999
St Kilda, Australia
upload_2021-2-2_13-30-45.png

Reactions: Richard

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
ok for me on chrome on desktop today
was playing up yesterday on chrome on android. seems ok there now

chrisj

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Terrigal, Darkinjung country
I've been having the same problem using Chrome on my laptop. Found a workaround. Type in your search term then use the Enter key (don't click on the magnifying glass). You get the crude results, then if you click on Search Again, you get a page with all the search options.

Addendum: I just tried using Firefox and the search function worked normally.

Reactions: azzski

azzski

Should know better
Ski Pass
Aug 6, 1999
St Kilda, Australia
I've been having the same problem using Chrome on my laptop. Found a workaround. Type in your search term then use the Enter key (don't click on the magnifying glass). You get the crude results, then if you click on Search Again, you get a page with all the search options.
Confirmed this works for me. The advanced search buttons aren't popping up as per normal, but hitting enter rather than clicking the magnifying glass works exactly as chrisj describes for me.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town

That error means nothing was in the search field when clicking the search icon or pressing enter on the keyboard.

Can you confirm if you enter a search term you get search results please??

But otherwise I too am not getting the advance search modal in the latest chrome - it must be deprecation of a html method in Chrome.

I recently got another curious bug like that out of nowhere on another site I work on occasionally.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

azzski

Should know better
Ski Pass
Aug 6, 1999
St Kilda, Australia
That error means nothing was in the search field when clicking the search icon or pressing enter on the keyboard.

Can you confirm if you enter a search term you get search results please??

But otherwise I too am not getting the advance search modal in the latest chrome - it must be deprecation of a html method in Chrome.

I recently got another curious bug like that out of nowhere on another site I work on occasionally.
Yes, I have something in the text box to search from - either typed, or selected from a drop down of previous searches (that seems old).

If i click the magnifying glass, it errors. If I hit Enter, it works as described by chrisj.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass