System Update Forum Search - now upgraded (Nov 8 2017)

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Forum Upgrade Timetable - Your Member Fees in action

---------------------------------------------------

Forum search has now been upgraded to a dedicated AWS Elasticsearch server.

XenForo Enhanced Search - An enhanced version of the XenForo search system, allowing higher quality results and faster searching for bigger installations.

It's still not 'Google' but it is bucket loads faster and notably better results. The entire database has been re-indexed today (2,868,946 'documents')

Feedback Please
Those who regularly search the forums please provide feedback on the performance and results you experience with this upgrade.

Thanks

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Ok,

good pick up.

Mine is missing a couple from today as well, which could be related to me switching search on and off as I was wrestling with the setup.

I'll monitor and if the glitch remains just today its an easy fix to reindex in the middle of the night with the forum shut down, but if it continues it's a bug.

Reactions: Chaeron

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
"Your Content" search is very hit and miss. In the Where Is This (OS) thread it is missing my latest 2 or 3 posts.

This has def been a glitch.

I have now received a suggested fix and have implemented - will know by the days end if it is working and if it fixes then I will have to do another full re-index late one night to pick up the missing entries.

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
I've found it better, e.g today I did two searches and landed on the threads quickly. Previously Nada

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
@Richard ,

Just tried search for "Guitar players thread " with no success ....
Not sure if this is going to help you.

That’s an interesting one. It may be a purged thread from bac in the day prior to xenforo when we had to delete stuff to keep the place running

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass