Forumites & Their Injuries

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Is just one thread enough or do you need a whole sub-forum and a thread each?

On 2016 Oz snow, so belated acknowledgement.

@Telemark Phat , tried to insert very large rock into brain via eyesocket, missed eyesocket and excercise failed.

On 2016/17 OS Snow

@smackies did something to some bones it looks like

On 2017 Oz snow.

@Donzah - bent foot

@tele-whippet - hurt ankle & miss-placed head

@SuskiQ double snapped achilles, surgical repair

@Tanuki - bruised knee with brain.

@Dippo Fractured Nose, cheek and eye socket,torn hamstring, ACL, 2 blood clots in calf and worst of all broken skis

@mx_boarder - ACL

@Ziggy Tore a shoulder muscle.

Last edited:

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Lol.
Third time I've knocked myself out of the season early.
This is no way as painful as tearing the muscles around the ribcage

Reactions: LMB
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Subforum please. My vote should count for more since I got in first with New Years Day.

Indeed

IMG_7101.jpg

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
Tweaked knee, strained muscles around ribs and bruised brain all on the second run of HV during Storm 1.0 in Augusta. Swollen Liver from beers and wine at The Bird and The General

Reactions: hongomania

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
I got run over by a car Monday. Tried to stop it and went under the door.

Feel like I hit the ground with no parachute. It dragged me for a bit.

Took it in the feet, shins, knees, hips, ribs, shoulders, elbows, hand and head.

Three separate hits to the head. Still feel concussed. Not sure how long between hit and realising I was lying in the driveway. Probably won't get day 50 in unless I just drive up and swipe my pass.

The impact fatigue is full on. No fractures or breaks.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona

Took it in the feet, shins, knees, hips, ribs, shoulders, elbows, hand and head.

Three separate hits to the head. Still feel concussed. Not sure how long between hit and realising I was lying in the driveway. Probably won't get day 50 in unless I just drive up and swipe my pass.

No good. A roll back?
Was it a jeep?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

mr

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne

Take it very very easy

I got badly concussed earlier this year and i wasnt right for a few weeks in particular and it was maybe 6 weeks before i had moved on. I did things (basic stuff like work or thinking or not sleeping or looking after a family) i know now made my recovery take alot longer. Concussion is a very strange place. You can feel better and then bam you know you are not at all right.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
SuskiQs is a double snapped achilles, surgical repair. @skifree

Touch wood I'm major injury free this year. Niggle here and there, easily treated.

Lol.
Third time I've knocked myself out of the season early.
This is no way as painful as tearing the muscles around the ribcage
Sweet Jesus that's a nasty injury.
Perisher, a few years back. I'd rather have broken ribs than torn intercostals - the ribs were way more tolerable.

Nah. A friends. It was heading for a road and could have caused an accident with another car. I had to try. No choice.
YOU ARE NOT SUPERMAN, you cannot stop a car with your body. Repeat after me...

iagreewithhim

Blessed are the bignoses
Ski Pass
Sep 3, 2001
A very long way from everybody
None at all, for the first time since I can remember! Unless you count a worn vertebra in the neck which has started causing chronic headaches and pain in the neck and right shoulder - but that's not really an injury, just old age.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Crashed on Mt P in July, my list of injuries
1. Fractured Nose, cheek and eye socket.
2. Torn hamstring
3. ACL
4. 2 blood clots in calf
5. Broken skis (devoed most about this)

First major injuries in 30 years of skiing, so it was a good run.
Jesus.
Cooma or Canberra hospital?

Dippo

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 21, 2000
Macquarie Links
Jesus.
Cooma or Canberra hospital?
When I first did it they thought it was a torn calf and black eye and I wasn't in any real pain. Wasn't till I got home and had a ultrasound they found clots. Got sent to hospital where CT scan found other injuries.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
When I first did it they thought it was a torn calf and black eye and I wasn't in any real pain. Wasn't till I got home and had a ultrasound they found clots. Got sent to hospital where CT scan found other injuries.
Man that's heavy. Good luck with your recovery.

Reactions: crackson and Dippo

Untele-whippet

beard stroker
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2006
Burnt Downs, Blue Mtns, 1100M.
I had 2 DVT's in my calf last year and was put on warfarin for 3 months, 22 blood tests later I got the all clear but still have residual pain from vascular scarring. It was mentally draining.
So this year when I did my ankle I was put on Xarelto as an anticoagulant to prevent more clots - it is so much easier, no blood tests or dietary monitoring.
Good luck again!

Reactions: crackson

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Wow!
You must have a high pain threshold!

Reactions: Dippo

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Jeebers @Dippo thats nasty, glad you are still with us though!

My worst injury so far skiing was a torn hammy, left a ultra black bruise on the back of my leg the size of a football, which I only noticed four days later when I got home. It was sore, and I couldnt walk, but I could ski, so I just ignored it.

Had my first hospitalisation from the MTB this year though, 15 stitches was all. I have been really lucky, but as I get older I expect it must start running out hey.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Take it very very easy

I got badly concussed earlier this year and i wasnt right for a few weeks in particular and it was maybe 6 weeks before i had moved on. I did things (basic stuff like work or thinking or not sleeping or looking after a family) i know now made my recovery take alot longer. Concussion is a very strange place. You can feel better and then bam you know you are not at all right.
On snow?

Dippo

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 21, 2000
Macquarie Links
I had 2 DVT's in my calf last year and was put on warfarin for 3 months, 22 blood tests later I got the all clear but still have residual pain from vascular scarring. It was mentally draining.
So this year when I did my ankle I was put on Xarelto as an anticoagulant to prevent more clots - it is so much easier, no blood tests or dietary monitoring.
Good luck again!
I did the whole clexane self injections for a week, that was awesome, not. Been on Xarelto for the past 9 weeks. Its a waiting game at the moment. Been having physio the whole time so I'm walking and have been told to start cycling now to help prior to surgery.

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra

fk me!! hope you are ok!

Reactions: crackson
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass