Admin Notice Forums will be offline from 8pm Thurs 3 June ~ 2am Fri 4 June for system upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
This will be the monster upgrade to XenForo 2 that I have talked the big book but made no action on for some 18 months.

Expect substantial changes and a great many things not being the same as previously.

Cross your fingers folk, I might accidentally destroy the joint in the process.

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
This will be the monster upgrade to XenForo 2 that I have talked the big book but made no action on for some 18 months.

Expect substantial changes and a great many things not being the same as previously.

WTF?
Melbournians are locked down and you're 'upgrading' our only contact with the outside world.
This is terrible

Jasper Schwarz

Young but not afraid
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2017
Northern Beaches, Sydney,

I didn’t realise how much I needed this place until it went offline last year for those two days and I had to listen to death metal. That’ll be a long 6 hours...

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
Is this to address incompatibility issues with our newly-injected 5G chips?
They've perfected the 5G chip injection system:
Injection of the 5G chip.jpg

And here's the 5G chip that they've been injecting during your vaccination shot (It's a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865)
Qualcomm-Snapdragon-865-5G-Chip-01-1.jpg

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding

Not sure I have seen any reference to this at CAB? What sort of gin house you runnin here.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Right... so cancel the gym and my appointments tomorrow to binge ski forums before going cold turkey - got it. :thumbs:

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
over50skifitness.blogspot.com
Right... so cancel the gym and my appointments tomorrow to binge ski forums before going cold turkey - got it. :thumbs:
Or if you want to see how Xenforo 2.0 can look while exploring a completely different type of ski forum, check out NYSkiBlog. Although it may look new from thread dates, that's because the founder/owner opted to start over when completely changing software in 2020. Only brought over a few classic threads. Just remember the active posters are New Yorkers or live in New Jersey. Not the most polite American sub-culture. ;)

The blog articles are good reading on their own as an introduction to skiing and outdoor sports in New York and neighboring Vermont.
https://nyskiblog.com

Full disclosure . . . I was born and raised in New York City. Didn't move to North Carolina until high school. Learned to ski in the NY Adirondacks in middle school long ago.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    95 bytes · Views: 8

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
It’s nice looking.
How much of that is variable?
Xenforo is highly customizable. I'm active on three ski forums that use Xenforo. While it's easy to adjust, there are some tasks that I do differently because the set up for posts is different. The way topics are organized is completely different between the three forums for assorted reasons. Mostly due to evolving differently. @Richard is by far the most technically knowledgeable of the Admins.

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
hmm. the known bug reports are quite concerning. you sure you want to upgrade?
I just moved to a 2021 laptop from one bought new in 2013. Old laptop had more or less obsolete OS and apps that have evolved quite a bit. It's been a long process but worth it in the end.

I'm sure the same will be true for moving to Xenforo 2.x.

skimax

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2000
Melbourne Australia
Xenforo is highly customizable. I'm active on three ski forums that use Xenforo. While it's easy to adjust, there are some tasks that I do differently because the set up for posts is different. The way topics are organized is completely different between the three forums for assorted reasons. Mostly due to evolving differently. @Richard is by far the most technically knowledgeable of the Admins.
Yes thats' true , but he is the most unopinionated of admins , moderators and forum members !

Any

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 23, 2015
oz/japan/usa
I just moved to a 2021 laptop from one bought new in 2013. Old laptop had more or less obsolete OS and apps that have evolved quite a bit. It's been a long process but worth it in the end.

I'm sure the same will be true for moving to Xenforo 2.x.
(i modified the subject names of the bug reports in the attached screenshot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass