Supply and demand works both ways.

Want staff? 2k per week or gf'ed.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
That's the essence of the problem. All previous staff and local accommodation has been repurposed for tourists.

You can now get a holiday da in jindy for dog kennels and wombat holes.

Reactions: skull

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
I think we might try for a couple nights on unpowered sites this year
Might be further from the resorts than you want to round-trip on a daily basis (but I don't mind it) but the van park at Berridale has a dozen or so unpowered sites - up along the back/top fence - that should be available for casual booking this winter. There's usually just one permanent van up in that row and rare for there to be more than one or two casual vans/tents there any time I have been staying in my van. Amenities block is very good (gas hot water, gas space heating) and the main lounge+bar area is very nice too.

Reactions: skifree

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Might be further from the resorts than you want to round-trip on a daily basis (but I don't mind it) but the van park at Berridale has a dozen or so unpowered sites - up along the back/top fence - that should be available for casual booking this winter. There's usually just one permanent van up in that row and rare for there to be more than one or two casual vans/tents there any time I have been staying in my van. Amenities block is very good (gas hot water, gas space heating) and the main lounge+bar area is very nice too.
Well that's blown that secret spot away. ;)

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
Well that's blown that secret spot away. ;)
I am probably misinterpreting what you have written but for anyone reading my earlier post and thinking “yay - free #vanlyfe or camping with hot showers” please bear in mind that this season (unlike the last several) the van park has two live-in, on-site managers.

Pay and stay by all means, but I will be extremely disappointed if my posting about available unpowered casual sites leads to freeloading this winter.

Reactions: skifree

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
I am probably misinterpreting what you have written but for anyone reading my earlier post and thinking “yay - free #vanlyfe or camping with hot showers” please bear in mind that this season (unlike the last several) the van park has two live-in, on-site managers.

Pay and stay by all means, but I will be extremely disappointed if my posting about available unpowered casual sites leads to freeloading this winter.
No thinking of free loading on my account, a nice quiet caravan park with unpowered sites is a good secret to have was my meaning.:cool:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass