1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Resource Free international flights w/ Frequent flyer points

Discussion in 'Flights' started by Neslot, Jul 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Neslot

Neslot One of Us

I signed up for an AMEX Velocity Platinum credit card which someone posted up on here late last year. It's been the best value credit card I've had by far, offering 100,000 Velocity Frequently Flyer points and the additional annual perks:
    • one FREE domestic return flight ticket
    • 2 x Access to Virgin domestic lounge
    • 2 x Access to AMEX International lounge
    • Complimentary Travel Insurance
    Annual fee is $349, but is clearly offset by the above. Annual income must be $65k+

I've so far used it to book a return trip to Queenstown direct in August (34k points) and Bali in September (42k points). LAX can be done for under 90k, so could make that US ski trip much more affordable.

I have a referral link which gives me a 20k point bonus, it's win-win though as if you apply for this card direct or through an affiliate you'll only earn 50k Virgin Velocity points.

More info / Apply: http://goo.gl/FPxjc6

Hopefully this is allowed, if not mods obviously feel free to remove.

travelislife likes this.
  2. Neslot

Neslot One of Us

I just wanna thank the two users who signed up last week! Looks like AMEX has increased the referral points to 60k, meaning i earned 120k. Now deciding whether to go Japan, USA or Canada for next northern hemisphere trip :cheers:.

3. davec1

davec1 Hard Yards Ski Pass: Gold

You're welcome @Neslot, thanks for the heads up.

Amex must be keen to give away credit, I applied on the Saturday and the card arrived the following Wednesday - 4 day turn around including postage!

Neslot likes this.
  4. Neslot

Neslot One of Us

Yeah they are pushing pretty hard atm, also noticing more and more places are accepting AMEX these days which is nice.

If anybody else is still considering it, please apply through this link: http://goo.gl/C4AisW, as i fear the original link may have expired and I can't edit my original post (am i blind?).

#4 Neslot, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016