1. Use the Force filters, Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

Sold Fritschi Backcountry frame bindings.

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by Chaeron, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Chaeron

Chaeron One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

These Diamir Titanal old style frame bindings with brakes might just be the thing if you’re wanting a cheap intro. to the back country. Brake size 100mm. Fritschi Freerides.

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Gear/Fritschi-Diamir-Freeride

No need for tech. boots, but an old style BC boot will do - (I have some old 26.5 Scarpa Titans which I’m happy to pass on for about $90). NB: this won’t fit with a telemark boot.

They’re in very good condition and are easily mounted.

I’ve also got some matching ski crampons which pair with these which I’ll chuck in for an additional $25.(market price $90)

Asking price $65. Pick up Glen Iris Melbourne, or happy to drop them off at Falls creek/ Hotham. Or post at your expense (probably around $20 or so).

#1 Chaeron, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    seak likes this.
  2. Chaeron

Chaeron One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

Price drop to $85 - rather see these used than wasted.

3. seak

seak One of Us

Surprised. T2 telemark books fit AT frame bindings?
    No way, due to duckbill shape being comparitively square compared to AT or downhill boots.

Chaeron likes this.
  4. Chaeron

Chaeron One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

Sorry, my bad - Not telemark boots - tele boots DEFINITELY won’t fit these bindings - it fits Scarpa backcountry boots - old style pre-tech boots.

I was confusing the scarpa Titans with the T2s. Will correct original post thx @seak

5. Chaeron

Chaeron One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

Bump - now $65.

#5 Chaeron, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    seak likes this.
  6. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

Not familiar with the gear Do they need to be used with BC boots or are they OK with ordinary Alpine ski boots?
    Would you take these ski mountaineering yourself?
    Might be nice to have another option for Alaska

7. Chaeron

Chaeron One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

Do not need tech. boots, will fit SOME (most) Alpine boots. Won’t fit tele boots.

However, an Alpine boot which doesn’t have dual mode (ski/walk) will be very uncomfortable to tour in as you don’t have ankle flex.

I have toured extensively with frame bindings, but to be honest tech. bindings and boots are so much lighter.

https://www.backcountry.com/explore/all-about-at-bindings:

“Despite their drawbacks, frame AT bindings are an excellent choice for those who are just getting into alpine touring, will be spending considerable time skiing on-piste on the same setup, or those who intend on using their current alpine ski boots with the bindings. Additionally, frame AT bindings are very attractive to skiers who are willing to climb with a little extra weight to avoid losing downhill performance and the safety of a predictable ski release, especially if the plan is to tour into a zone with the intention of hitting big backcountry jumps.”

I’ve used these older style frame bindings along with regular kids skis (skins, or adapted to a patterned base) to get my kids into the side country, which is their current main application i.m.o.

Frame bindings have a more predictable and ‘safer’ DIN release set-up, though tech. bindings have made great strides in this in recent years.

8. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

I'm probably better off staying with 3pin bindings then in the short term, not having the $800- needed for the required boots

Chaeron likes this.
  9. Mountaingoat

Mountaingoat First Runs

Hi Chaeron,

I'm interested! Will they work with Lowa Strucktura GTX AT boots? I'm not very familiar with AT kit yet and only just scored the boots secondhand.

Chaeron likes this.
  10. climberman

climberman CloudRide1000 Legend
    Ski Pass - Gold

I skied with Lowa Struktura’s and Fritchi frame bindings for years. Should be fine.

seak and Chaeron like this.