Fukushima flights to Tokyo

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
I am doing some preliminary 2022 planning. Is that to early..:whistle:
Was wondering what the best sites are for internal flight costs from Fukushima to Narita.
Thinking I might leave my hire car there then head home via Narita airport.
Sky scanner are quoting crazy prices $500 +,
Any thoughts?

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
I am doing some preliminary 2022 planning. Is that to early..:whistle:
Was wondering what the best sites are for internal flight costs from Fukushima to Narita.
Thinking I might leave my hire car there then head home via Narita airport.
Sky scanner are quoting crazy prices $500 +,
Any thoughts?
Catch one of those Japanese planes that run on tracks :D

Reactions: nezumi and mannyk

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Catch one of those Japanese planes that run on tracks :D
images - 2021-01-09T193230.889.jpeg

Heinz

Fully vaccinated but nowhere to go
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
This ^
Why would you bother flying? Shinkansen gets you there in 1.5 hrs, runs several times an hour and costs Y9300.

* that's to Tokyo, a bit more to Narita, but still.

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
This ^
Why would you bother flying? Shinkansen gets you there in 1.5 hrs, runs several times an hour and costs Y9300.
I was sure id seen cheap internal flights for non residents,tourists.
Carrying ski bags ect, was just a thought
Just asking?

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
Yeah. I've seen them for 5000 yen for equivalent routes.
Fly into Narita, bypass Tokyo dragging bags on and off trains, a night at a Narita Hotel then off the next day, That sounds good value to me.
I have a year to plan so its no harm looking at ideas.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
The answer is to fly international into Haneda. (although I understand that Jetstar is better for you at Gold Coast)
We have banned ourselves from using Jetstar, we have used Qantas the last few trips out of Brisbane. Once direct and another via Singapore on the way home which we departed from Haneda. Which my wife loved.
We had planned to go home via HK last trip but due to the riots we gave up on that idea, so thats a option via Haneda.
I know its early but where would you suggest is the best place to find approx, internal flight costs.
Just doing some early number crunching.
:thumbs:

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
We have banned ourselves from using Jetstar, we have used Qantas the last few trips out of Brisbane. Once direct and another via Singapore on the way home which we departed from Haneda. Which my wife loved.
We had planned to go home via HK last trip but due to the riots we gave up on that idea, so thats a option via Haneda.
I know its early but where would you suggest is the best place to find approx, internal flight costs.
Just doing some early number crunching.
:thumbs:
Another option is ANA from out of Sydney to HND.
I could be wrong, but I could only find ANA flights out of Fukushima, and they run at about 70-80,000yen. (no other airlines)
You can find fares from Sydney to Fukushima for around $2000 round trip.

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
Another option is ANA from out of Sydney to HND.
I could be wrong, but I could only find ANA flights out of Fukushima, and they run at about 70-80,000yen. (no other airlines)
You can find fares from Sydney to Fukushima for around $2000 round trip.
Thanks, are there to many zeros on that price?:eek: Fukushima to Haneda?

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
Early plans are fly into Tokyo, 5 nights In Shiga Kogan then hire car out of Nagano and drive up the west coast have a look around for 2 rest days then dive into Mt Bandai area for 4 days. Noted Fukushima had airport so looked at the option of flight back to airport. Just looking at ideas at the moment.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Early plans are fly into Tokyo, 5 nights In Shiga Kogan then hire car out of Nagano and drive up the west coast have a look around for 2 rest days then dive into Mt Bandai area for 4 days. Noted Fukushima had airport so looked at the option of flight back to airport. Just looking at ideas at the moment.
I'd just hire a car from the airport in Tokyo.

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
Kinda unused. Depending on the circumstances it may be used .
I know people that stay at shiga and use their hire car.
I guess its a option, It would depend on the cost for 2 weeks. I could see the car being used if I had it with me.

Ramenman

A Local
Mar 3, 2014
I noticed this thread 10 secs ago because I usually read only threads in "Japan" and "Weather (Japan related ones)" and this thread is in "Flights" so, I didn't notice this thread till now. I haven't read what the other people wrote here, but what I'm thinking is, Tokyo to Fukushima by air? Why?. I think there are 4 or 5 major ways to travel between Tokyo and Aizu region but none of them uses airplanes:p

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
I noticed this thread 10 secs ago because I usually read only threads in "Japan" and "Weather (Japan related ones)" and this thread is in "Flights" so, I didn't notice this thread till now. I haven't read what the other people wrote here, but what I'm thinking is, Tokyo to Fukushima by air? Why?. I think there are 4 major ways to travel between Tokyo and Aizu region but none of them uses airports:p
Im aware of that, I explained my reasons for the idea earlier in the thread. I was just asking the question, it would save dragging ski bags on and off trains and through Tokyo to Narita. I might just send my bags ahead and spent a night in Tokyo.

Reactions: Ramenman

Ramenman

A Local
Mar 3, 2014
In recent years, tourists from abroad, especially from Asia have been coming to Aizu region, which made a new highway bus service of Aizu Wakamatsu - Inawashiro - Narita Airport. It might be good if you don't want to drag ski bags. Or, some major hotels have direct shuttle bus beteen Narita and the hotels. However, those major hotels might be a little bit pricy per night.

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
Drive back to Niigata. Love that airport. Even better than Canberra.

Go to Grandeco rather than the Listel. Cannot comment in the other resorts nearby.
Grandeco does look good.
The smaller hills of the area are what Im liking, suits us oldies. ;)

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
In recent years, tourists from abroad, especially from Asia have been coming to Aizu region, which made a new highway bus service of Aizu Wakamatsu - Inawashiro - Narita Airport. It might be good if you don't want to drag ski bags. Or, some major hotels have direct shuttle bus beteen Narita and the hotels. However, those major hotels might be a little bit pricy per night.
https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/japan-2022-planning.88918/
Look forward to any input you can advise on..

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Sydney
But then its sits unused for 5 days at Shiga.. It had crossed my mind.
While it might be a bit of a luxury, I had a hire car in Shiga last time I was there. It gives flexibility and total independence from the Shiga shuttle bus and its timetable. So, you can go up towards Yokoteyama any time you please and not be held hostage to the bus. Also, no mucking around with the Nagano to Shiga bus either. Total independence.
Last time I was there I came in from Morioka via shinkansen, stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel right next to the station at Nagano. Got up early, walked to my hire car and was skiing by 10:00 am. Easy peasy.

Reactions: Sandy

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
While it might be a bit of a luxury, I had a hire car in Shiga last time I was there. It gives flexibility and total independence from the Shiga shuttle bus and its timetable. So, you can go up towards Yokoteyama any time you please and not be held hostage to the bus. Also, no mucking around with the Nagano to Shiga bus either. Total independence.
Last time I was there I came in from Morioka via shinkansen, stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel right next to the station at Nagano. Got up early, walked to my hire car and was skiing by 10:00 am. Easy peasy.
Yeah friends of mine that ski Shiga swear by having a car there.
Mind you. They stay at Oshiga.

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast
I agree, we only stayed 4 nights at Shiga last time so we didnt really get the full experience. We never used the bus, we could walk to the lift and ski back to the door. But we had planned to make more use of the shuttle bus, even though its never been fun on a crowded bus sweating the A off. It will come down to $$ in the end.
We stayed at the same hotel after shiga on the way to Hakuba ..
We went from great snow to rain Feb 2019. We have hired from Budget in Nagano a couple of times, but only for trips on rest days.
As we couldnt go this year I will have a bigger budget to include car hire. Im planning on using hire cars more in the future.
Would have loved one last year at Naeba. In hindsight..
Thanks for your imput..:thumbs:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass