Fun Day Mt Hotham - Find out about Masters Racing

dark one

One of Us
Apr 11, 2000
Geelong, VIC, Australia
A common myth for Masters racing is that you need to be an expert skier to take up racing and that racing is about winning at all costs - this is not the case (speaking from personal experience). It can be intimidating to ask about more information and take the first step. If you have thought about racing and wanted to find out more in a safe and friendly environment then is a great event for you.

Meet current Masters racers and have a go in the gates.

Who: The event is open to Junior Masters (21-29) and Masters (30+)

When: Saturday July 5 - NOTE: this has now been moved to 12th due to the snow conditions.

Contact Jeff Books on jeff@mhrs.org.au for more info and to register.

Yardsale

Part of the Furniture
May 22, 2001
Melbourne
You've gotta have somewhere to go when you are getting your butt whipped by unbreakable teenagers.

Phalanx

Hard Yards
Apr 14, 2005
I don't like that idea cause I like butt whipping people
tongue.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

californiadream

First Runs
Feb 24, 2008
At least we won't be beaten by 9 year olds.

How about more info here Jeff, eg what's the cost and is it an annual fee or a pay on the day fee.

Incidentalyy, whatever happened to Nastar Racing in Oz??

dark one

One of Us
Apr 11, 2000
Geelong, VIC, Australia
BTW, I am not Jeff - if you want in depth details about the training/programme best to send him an email.

You can get more info here: http://www.mhrs.org.au/join.htm

Training is on the weekends usually full day on Sat and 1/2 day on Sun. The cost for the squad that includes dedicated coach is $930 - for the season. Training starts from July 5. There is an option to drop in by prior arrangement.

Apart from showing interested people what Masters Racing is about at the fun day, we will explain the options and costs to interested people that want to join.

Slushii

Mostly missing in action...
Apr 18, 2000
nowhere in particular...
Cool! I'm going to rock up to the Fun Day and have a go - I wonder how my rock-hoppers will fare and what rockin' time I'll get
biggrin.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass