Trip Report Great XC skiing in fresh snow at LM .20.7.18

Discussion in 'Lake Mountain' started by Mister Tee on XC Skis, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass - Silver

I had the best day of XC Classic skinny skis skiing at Lake Mtn.,in my short career as a learner/fledgling blue run XC skier.
    I must remark about this and I had a very useful and affordable XC ski lesson with Felix at the LM ski school . He showed me things such as bunny hops going down hill with straight/ parallel skis, step turns and skiing backwards without poles.
    The snow was so soft and fresh and the cover was complete and deep.I skied The Snow Gum , Woolly Butt , Echo Flat and Muster trails.
    . It started snowing heavily after lunch on Friday 20/7/18 and this created carnage on the road going back to Marysville. Snow Ball throwers with no idea how to fit chains properly to a 2 WD or how to drive in heavy snow and ice , no clue whatsoever were running off the road willy nilly:eek:.It was chaos!!.o_O
    I was fine in my RAV 4 AWD with All Terrain tyres. I threw my skis and gear into the car , got out of the driving winds and heavy snow at the car park , revved up the car heater and crawled down the hill without fitting my chains. I put the jalopy into LOW gear and avoided touching the breaks.:thumbs:

neilmny and Equus like this.
  2. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass - Silver

Weekdays are my favourite fresh snow days at LM.20.7.18

3. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass - Silver

Lake Mtn. This season is going really well up there :) .Forum Member MR sold me some skinny classic XC skis with NNN BC bindings for 50 clams, and they match my boots:). They were so good to ski on and what outstanding conditions to test them out in, perfect !!:D:emoji_snowflake::skier:

4. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass - Silver

Snow was falling a long way down the hill. Well before the Lake Mountain /toll booth turn off.
    One motorist in front of me crawled down the hill on the black top road , below the snow line with chains still attached to his/her/ their 2 WD car. The driver in question was oblivious to this error or the fact that he/she /it was blocking up the road driving at 1 mm per century.

5. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass - Silver

6. Equus

Equus Hard Yards

VERY Nice Photos!
    Thank You for sharing.....

neilmny likes this.