1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Guthega beginner lessons

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Jo V, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Jo V

Jo V First Runs

We are staying in Guthega mid week late August 2020 and have a few adult beginner skiers with us. Are private ski lessons available from Guthega?

2. asammut_au

asammut_au Hard Yards

I'm not sure there has ever been lessons available from guthega since the resorts merged. At least not in recent years. Usually you would need to get lessons from blue cow, perisher valley or smiggins. No lessons at blue cow this year I believe

Jo V likes this.
  3. Lady Penelope

Lady Penelope One of some lot ... Ski Pass: Gold

Guthega used to have lessons many years ago when it was a separate resort. There is one well known forum member who knows a lot about this .... I’ll let him identify himself if he wishes :whistle:.

As @asammut_au says, this year there are no lessons at Blue Cow. So you will have to go to Front Valley/Perisher or Smiggins for private lessons.

currawong likes this.
  4. dawooduck

dawooduck relaxed and comfortable Ski Pass: Gold

The answer is no

currawong likes this.
  5. Annabuzzy

Annabuzzy Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

PB used to send the butter box oversnow to the Burning Log to pick up Guthega skiers for beginner lessons. If you call the ski school they’ll be able to tell you if they can do that for you. I’ve also seen them do a skidoo for a single person (she was very pretty though)

Jo V, Ted Harper and Nightskywatcher like this.
  6. Me+3

Me+3 Addicted

depends..
    are they beginner 'never skied before'
    or
    beginner 'skied before, but need a few more lessons'.
    If they can catch T-bars, they can easily get to the top of Guthega and across to BC without too much hassle.
    Would be about a 1/2 hour trip for a beginner though.
    And at the moment... no lesson are available at Blue Cow... so then you'd have to get over to FV by Tube..
    Lessons are being held at all different times though.. so may not need to rush.

Jo V likes this.