Guthega Ski Lodge Membership For Sale

Simon Wilson

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2017
Turnak Adventure Sports Lodge Memberships for Sale - $20,000

Membership in a beautifully appointed mountain hideaway, situated above the snowline at Guthega Village in the Kosciuszko National Park, NSW.

The Lodge offers picturesque and dramatic views over Guthega Dam towards the snowcapped ridge line of the main range that borders NSW and Victoria.

Accommodation is in a brand-new state of the art property where you and your immediate family as well as invited guest can ski in Winter and/or pursue many outdoor activities available in the National Park such as mountain biking, cycling, canoeing, bushwalking, or special family events

The Club has undergone a total renovation and is now a modern, wonderfully appointed lodge, sleeping 18 guests in comfort across 5 bedrooms all with ensuites.

Turnak is part of Guthega Ski resort, and is located on the mountainside on the western rim of the Perisher Range.

Turnak Adventure Sports Lodge enjoys panoramic views to Mt Kosciuszko, Mt Twynam and Guthega Dam, the highest and original part of the Snowy Hydro-electric Scheme.

Our self-catering lodge sleeps 18 people above the snowline. Be part of a great family of Members who share a very special lodge offering fantastic winter and summer accommodation.

For more information contact:

Simon Wilson
M: 0401 760 767
E: smljwilson@tpg.com.au

Turnak Photo.png

Check out our website for more photos and general information at www.turnak.com.au

If you click on the Memberships Available, Fin out more Today > link mention you were referred by Simon Wilson).

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-11_22-39-13.png
    upload_2021-5-11_22-39-13.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 54
  • upload_2021-5-11_22-40-42.png
    upload_2021-5-11_22-40-42.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 50
  • upload_2021-5-11_22-40-46.png
    upload_2021-5-11_22-40-46.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 47

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
While I don’t think it is likely to be as big of an issue this year, it’s worth checking with the seller re availability of beds this season, particularly in high demand (school hols and August) periods.

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
I had a look through about two years ago, was seriously considering. Very nice renovation, interior very stylish and modern. Club is carrying a bit of debt if I remember correctly as a consequence of the rennos, but flipside is building should be 100% up to spec. Realistically, ski lodges need complete rebuild or major rennos every 40-50 yrs to remain compliant. This costs a lot and clubs need to make provision for this. Can't be done via working bees anymore.

hatto

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2006
I always wonder about lodge membership and how many members it has, what are the chances of getting a spot when you want etc

Reactions: Sir Surfalot

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
I always wonder about lodge membership and how many members it has, what are the chances of getting a spot when you want etc
Depends on the club demographics, membership size and bed capacity.

I’m a member of two clubs. One you need to stay poised over your computer the moment bookings open to be sure of getting a booking in a high demand week. They don’t take commercial bookings at all. In the other the member to commercial booking ratio is much lower, so it’s unusual to have a week fully booked out by members, although it can later get more full as spare beds are filled by commercial visitors

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaldtown
While I don’t think it is likely to be as big of an issue this year, it’s worth checking with the seller re availability of beds this season, particularly in high demand (school hols and August) periods.
my lodge in Jindy is expecting big demand this year
non-member bookings could be tight
we have 140 members
it started as a social club for a workplace, as often happened [my brother’s lodge at Mt Buller is similar]
very few of the original membership cohort remain
there are usually about four or five memberships changing hands per year

[edit: member-only bookings come first - we've just finished confirming those - then non-members and greedy members like me who want to go for more than 14 days in 'peak']

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
I had a look through about two years ago, was seriously considering. Very nice renovation, interior very stylish and modern. Club is carrying a bit of debt if I remember correctly as a consequence of the rennos, but flipside is building should be 100% up to spec. Realistically, ski lodges need complete rebuild or major rennos every 40-50 yrs to remain compliant. This costs a lot and clubs need to make provision for this. Can't be done via working bees anymore.

interesting, I personally think how a club funds renovations tells you a lot about a club. Our club just funded $450,000 in Reno’s to the club in smiggins to re clad, new roof and triple glaze plus decks I think. All raised through saved funds and a building fund.

Raising debt can be a death nell for a club.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
interesting, I personally think how a club funds renovations tells you a lot about a club. Our club just funded $450,000 in Reno’s to the club in smiggins to re clad, new roof and triple glaze plus decks I think. All raised through saved funds and a building fund.

our club did a major renno about a decade ago. mix of bank loan, loan from our national federation (all the clubs contribute to a fund for this) and a levy on members - and some savings. loans repaid ahead of schedule. debt can be ok but needs to be moderate and well within means to repay

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra

Agreed planning for such things is important. The vibe I got from the Turnak crew was they were well organised and experienced and have actually pulled off an impressive renovation. But the finances need to be managed carefully.

My ski club has rebuilt a lodge at Perisher, partially debt funded but paid off in less than 10 yrs. Several million dollars, for 20 odd bed lodge. But the club has two more lodges in need of similar over next 20 yrs, so effectively it is a continuous process.

But hey, the transport bottlenecks are making in-resort accommodation worth its weight in gold imo.

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Agreed planning for such things is important. The vibe I got from the Turnak crew was they were well organised and experienced and have actually pulled off an impressive renovation. But the finances need to be managed carefully.

My ski club has rebuilt a lodge at Perisher, partially debt funded but paid off in less than 10 yrs. Several million dollars, for 20 odd bed lodge. But the club has two more lodges in need of similar over next 20 yrs, so effectively it is a continuous process.

But hey, the transport bottlenecks are making in-resort accommodation worth its weight in gold imo.

agree and my comments shouldn’t be construed as a shot at the club, just a warning to those looking at clubs about the potential ongoing costs.

I love our club for the alternative’s it offers. Great on snow as well a relaxed Jindy lodge. The other day I came in from a long paddle on lake Jindy to find a beautiful strudel waiting for me from our lodge manager

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass