1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Hakuba or Nozawa end March?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Farr8, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Farr8

Farr8 First Runs

Hi all, I’m torn between heading to Nozawa or Hakuba for spring skiing end March 2020. Has anyone been there during the last week of March ( 20th onwards) and how’s the snow condition at both resort? Any pros and cons between the two?

I’ve already book accommodation for both and deciding between the two resort which is better.

On a side note, we’re not considering Hokkaido for this trip as we’ll be heading there in Feb.

2. Crispy013

Crispy013 One of Us

Hakuba has elevation on its side, whereas Nozawa base is quite low so could easily get slushy. I’d lean towards Hakuba.

3. M_G

M_G M_G_ = Make skiing great again Ski Pass: Gold

Hakuba

4. Sandy

Sandy Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Hakuba.

5. Lucky Pete

Lucky Pete One of Us

Hakuba. 3 out of the last 5 years I have had mid March pow days but have also been rained on :)

As an aside please dont book 2 places when you only intend to go to one. Its really poor form and may cost the place you dont stay at a booking and hence income. Please do your research then book.

fennekeg, 2ESki and M_G like this.
  6. M_G

M_G M_G_ = Make skiing great again Ski Pass: Gold

Absolutely! I've known of people that have booked 3 places then decided where to go at the absolute last day for cancellation. Left two hotels in the lurch for group bookings of 10 days. You're a prick if you do that. In fact I rang leader of a group in Melbourne who just didn't turn up for a 2 week booking at a local mates place. He had lost A$3K+. Bloke just didn't care. Got a sort of, "Oh yeah, sorry, we decided to go to Hokkaido". I let rip with some colourful language after that.

If you book a couple tentatively then cancel the unwanted one shortly after that, cool. But to hang onto them is definitely arsehat territory.

Okay, rant over. Carry on.

7. Joe2020

Joe2020 Addicted

I don't understand why anyone would feel the need to book anything that time of year.
    Check conditions last week of Feb, Ive never had a problem booking last minute flights, transfers through to Accom anywhere...

8. Mils

Mils One of Us

maybe catch a plane to hokkiado?