1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW WEATHERZONE FOLK

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Hakuba season

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Bill Hosking, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Bill Hosking

Bill Hosking First Runs

hello folks,
    I’m heading to Hakuba for the season this winter (work secured) as a boot fitter. I’m looking for my own room as I’m a bit older and wiser and not super keen on potentially sharing a room with someone (that rightly) will be partying like it’s there first season. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Billy

2. Any

Any One of Us

try looking for staff facebook groups.
    as well as bulletin boards for the local area.

finding long term accommodation in ski towns is highly competitive. wherever you post you should sell yourself and provide almost enough details for a dating site.

3. M_G

M_G M_G_ = Make skiing great again Ski Pass: Gold

4. Lucky Pete

Lucky Pete One of Us

Who are you working for?

Try Bevan at Hakuba Physio he often has staff rooms available for season guys.There are other staff accomm that may become available later in the year. Very few share houses etc as not many of those places available for season rental.

The 1st of those groups I started and has a rule of strictly no accomm posts but the 2nd one someone else started as they didnt like that rule :)

M_G likes this.
  5. M_G

M_G M_G_ = Make skiing great again Ski Pass: Gold

Just had someone else email me about long term accomm at Hakuba. I get this every season for various resorts. If an employer is not going to set up season accomm for their employees they can't be much chop methinks.

Lucky Pete, Hyst and Any like this.
  6. Any

Any One of Us

they probably mentioned to you that theyre working locally, but i thought id mention that there are others who aren't working but still want accommodation.
    seasonaire ski bums who ski every day, have considerably more budget for accommodation, are a little bit more mature (not much tho lol), and and don't break your shit or punch holes in walls. yet we still struggle to even find one place to stay for the season.
    (I'm just a little frustrated about it :p)

#6 Any, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  7. Neoh JH

Neoh JH First Runs

Kizuna Lodge under Justin from Hakuba Coop has some staff accommodation beds available for rental but iirc they are twin bedded. You can check with him to see if there are is any space available.

Any likes this.
  8. Lucky Pete

Lucky Pete One of Us

If they are serious about shredding they should stay with Nick at the Powder Lodge. A lot of very solid riders/skiers stay there for the season.