Harb ski coaching NZ September

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by bejes, Aug 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bejes

bejes Active Member

My mate has booked a spot skiing with Harald Harb and Diana Rogers in treble cone, NZ sept 4th - 6th inclusive.(3 days). Due to injury and work, he can no longer make it.
    Great opportunity to get top level coaching without travelling to the US. For those keen to go to the dark side here is the opportunity.
    As the refund policy is strict, he is hoping someone might be willing to take his spot. He would be happy to get half back so US$1000 would be the cost.
    If interested please PM me.
    Thanks

Info as follows:

Session 1: Weds-Fri, Aug. 30 - Sept. 1, 2017

Session 2: Mon-Weds, Sept. 4-6, 2017

Each session offers three full days of instruction

Extra day for inclement weather:

For each session, please plan to stay one day beyond the scheduled three days. If we need to cancel a day due to inclement weather, then we will have the extra day as a make-up.

Coaches:

Diana Rogers & Harald Harb
    Number of participants:

Eight participants per session; four per group

Level of participants:

All skiers must be at least intermediate - able to ski intermediate terrain with comfort and confidence (it’s not necessary to have perfect technique on these slopes).
    Weather and visibility permitting, we’ll use video analysis each day.

Coaching fees:

Each session costs $2000 ($US) per participant. This does not include lift tickets.

2. Seth

Seth Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

That seems like a lot of coin.

3. bejes

bejes Active Member

Yes it's not cheap! I'm doing a camp in Jan which is 5 half days, around 1200 US so not that different I guess.

4. absentskier

absentskier Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

I spent a day with Diana in 2012. Best instruction I have ever received in any sport, anywhere.

Annabuzzy and oldgeezer like this.
  5. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

US$2000 for 3 days is a bit more than the US$1200 for the five day camps in CO but Harald and Diana would have additional costs compared with CO of course. However for $1000 as per this offer from bejes' mate it is pretty good. Queenstown flights would come in a lot less expensive so with a few days to spare this would be an ideal opportunity. They are both super switched on and a great combination who run memorable camps.

6. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

^^^
    The CO camps tend to run 9:15-12:30 (with afternoons for ski tuning, alignments, self practice etc) whereas the NZ camps will be to 3:15 so the daily rate would also be higher on that account, which makes $1000 really good value.

7. aceozski

aceozski Active Member

Damn I would have gone if I saw this earlier. Harald Harb uses biomechanics to teach skiing and adapts to the way your body is setup, not to the way someone with perfect legs and angles would ski. If you have an opportunity highly recommend. Otherwise there are some books and DVDs but never as good as on mountain training.

oldgeezer likes this.