1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW WEATHERZONE FOLK

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! Anyone know someone involved in the kids ski programme

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Swiss, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Swiss

Swiss Addicted Ski Pass: Silver

Hi all,

I have seriously messed up by not booking my daughter into the programme for Thursday and Friday, and her friends are already booked.

Is there anybody who knows anyone at Perisher I could beg/bribe to get one six year old in somehow?

I've booked her into the Smiggins lessons instead, but she's going to be terribly disappointed.

Feeling pretty shitty right now it must be said.

2. Seth

Seth Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Is this a joke?

3. Swiss

@Seth Why would it be a joke?

4. Balsta

Balsta One of Us

Have you tried to book her in online? As I just had a look and Thursday and Friday Perisher Kids Ski program isn't sold out, so you should not have any issues booking her in.
    Obviously getting a refund on your Smiggins lessons may be another issue, but you can call Perisher and see what they can do for you.

Poppies likes this.
  5. Swiss

It doesn't show as sold out until you add to cart, which is how I messed this up.

I called them but they didn't really have any ability to do anything, they're just looking at a computer with available dates to click on I guess.

6. Balsta

Balsta One of Us

Well then, I'd call and see if they have a standby list. No doubt kids don't show up sometimes.

That said, Thursday & Friday looks pretty average weather wise for young kids, so maybe it's for the best anyway.

Swiss likes this.
  7. Lady Penelope

Lady Penelope One of some lot ... Ski Pass: Gold

If there's space available, they should be able to swap your daughter from Smiggins to Perisher. Having said that, I've had an atrocious time trying to get my boys into snowboarding lessons Thurs - Sat next week (long story which I won't bore anyone with). Booking website gets an epic fail from me :mad: They seem to be very busy and/or have limited spots.

Swiss likes this.
  8. Swiss

Nothing could be done about it in the end, but daughter #1 had a great time in the regular lessons. I didn't end up with as much time for myself, but ended up spending more time with her which was also a good outcome.

Now that I understand the booking system better I won't be making that mistake again, but it would help if Perisher made their website more efficient in this regard.

Thanks to @Balsta and @Lady Penelope for your useful contributions; takes more effort than being a dick about someone else's misfortune.

9. Mils

Mils One of Us

FYI I once had an issue where lessons were booked out and I rung up and they added an instructor for the day so I could go on, that was for adult though so they must have had more flexibility.

10. Swiss

Yeah, no dice on that. I did ask.

But with kids obviously there's duty of care factors (plus the food and mementos etc) to consider, so I can appreciate it may not be something they can just turn around and deliver quickly/

Mils likes this.
  11. Seth

Seth Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Misfortune is not missing out on a spot at your preferred ski school location. #perspective

12. Swiss

OK, so you were being a dick about me being disorganised.

Thanks for clarifying.

cin and Seth like this.
  13. cin

cin Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I don’t think it’s you being disorganised
    These guys are meant to be the ants pants at fleecing anyone with a dollar in their pocket
    If anyone’s fked up,......