1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Hi! Where to Buy Used Skis in Whistler?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Rykho, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Rykho

Rykho First Runs

Hey guys!! This is going to be my first post, so I thought, I’ll just introduce myself here.
    My name’s Rico, I’m 19 and going to Whistler as an instructor this season.

As a wb-employee I luckily got staff housing and start training in mid November. Does anybody here now when the 'dead season' in Whistler is over and the village gets 'alive' again?

2nd Question is about that I couldn't bring my gear for that. Is there usually gear left behind from last season? Or do the rental shops & demo stations still have good deals in early November? If somebody knows about that, I would be super thankful!!

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Maybe I'll see some of you in Whistler,
    Rico

2. KneeDeep

KneeDeep One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Annual Turkey sale on at Blackcomb Oct 6th to 9th this year. All surplus and demo gear from local shops on sale here. If you miss this plenty of shops in Vancouver and Whistler clearing out old stock.

3. robbo mcs

robbo mcs One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

The turkey sale is the go if you can make that.

If not there is a clearance store that sells ex rentals and demos etc. Pretty cheap stuff. They are in the village square opposite the whistler grocery store and the bookstore http://www.whistlerclearance.com/

FatBoyDave likes this.
  4. sly_karma

sly_karma Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Or look on Craigslist or Kijiji classifieds.

5. yourmate

yourmate Hard Yards

Join the facebook page whistler buy and sell. Constant flow of decent equipment popping up.

6. Rykho

Rykho First Runs

Hey guys, thank you so much for all the info - and sorry for the late answer! (though there were default email notifications) I really appreciate all the hints, especially Turkey Sale and the Facebook Group.
    hope to see you in whistler!!

7. FatBoyDave

FatBoyDave One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Whistlerclearance is a good backup option. They have some great deals but limited options and stock.
    Be sure to check both stores ;).
    I bought some Sin7's there for a bargain price but they didn't have many suitable binding options in stock.

If you're after some skis for teaching perhaps check what ski school want you to use before you commit your hard earned $$.
    If it's for free skiing.. well choice is up to you.

As for the rest of the shops in Whistler. They have a great range but you'll pay retail equivalent of here. Not many bargains to be had unfortunately.

Mountain Equipment Co-op in Vancouver is a good option to initially kit yourself out with clothes if you're at all worried about what's on offer in Whistler.