1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Hire places?

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Claret, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Claret

Claret First Runs

<span style='font-family: Arial'> </span> Quick question . . .

Where would you recommend hiring some skis/poles?

Somewhere off the mountain like 'Ski Plus' in Tawonga or simply Falls Creek Sports?

We're staying near Village Bowl.

Cheers

2. K@os

K@os A Local

I've always chosen to hire off-mountain (rays ski shop) as their equipment always seems to be a bit better quality and well tuned up. I've had some pretty s l o w boards from on-mountain shops. Get chains, park pass and anything else i need from there too - they provide racks for your car so u can get your gear up there and are open pretty much 24/7, which is great for those heading up early or leaving late.

3. smiffen

smiffen First Runs

i find that falls creek sports is always a good place to go as you can bundle lift lesson and rental all at the one place. Any problems with skis/boards and they'll change it over for you, they're pretty good like that

4. Andrew N

Andrew N First Runs

We always use Gebi's (bottom of Gully chair) and have always found them to be great. Depends on where you are staying though for access and ease.

5. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

I always use Falls Creek Sports. My kids had brand new skis and boots last week and my daughter decided that the boots were too small on day 2 and it was so easy, staying at Snowski, to ski over to the ski hire, change the boots and ski onto the Eagle chair.They had Rossignol, Nordica and Dalbello boots. The skis were; Rossignol, Saloman and Atomic and were well tuned and in one case brand new.

6. beaniebabe1

beaniebabe1 One of Us

When I have been, we tend to stop at Rays, but have also got stuff on mountain - Falls Creek Sports couple of years back.

Doesn't Rays have an agreement with a place on mtn so that if something is wrong, you can get it fixed?? I may also be making that up....