Question Home weather stations

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sbm_, Jan 14, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

1. sbm_

sbm_ Active Member

I'm thinking of getting one. I'd like to measure temperature, pressure and dew point or humidity (I figure rainfall and wind are probably more easily just looked up on the BOM, though I guess a simple rain guage wouldn't really be much hassle).

I've seen some beautiful analog ones on people's walls...that are never working and almost always for show! What do people here have?

2. POW_hungry

POW_hungry Part of the Furniture
    Ski Pass - Gold

There's been plenty of discussion and threads over the years. Have you searched?
    Last year there was this discussion.

Sadly I can't have one due to being in an apartment block (Sydney's Eastern Burbs are no good for collating genuine data unless you live by a reserve/access to roof or wide open yard) but I'd be concentrating on the Davis brand models if you can afford it (upwards of $1k). They're trusted for Aus conditions and have good tech support etc. It will come down to how much you're looking to fork out.

Otherwise, BloomSky & AccuRite are cheaper alternatives... But can't speak on recommendations, I am afraid.

#2 POW_hungry, Jan 15, 2018 at 7:45 PM
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018 at 9:06 PM
  3. sbm_

sbm_ Active Member

Ah, I'll admit I didn't search. Don't know why I'm usually pretty good with that. Disregard this thread.

4. nfip

nfip Part of the Furniture
    Ski Pass - Gold

Mrs nfip grabbed this for me today at Costco.
    $130 ish
    Compatible with Wunderground.
    Shall see how it goes !

Attached Files:

5. teckel

teckel Old And Crusty
    Ski Pass - Gold