Hotham Accomodation Options

KFresh

First Runs
Jul 14, 2010
We are doing a few nights in Hotham last week of August.

Looking for a double room.

Most of the accomodation we have found at the moment is in lodges like Austen, Valhalla and Peninsula. All of the places we have found so far seem to be shared room.

We are ok with lodge style/cheaper accomodation but would like our own room.

Should we consider off mountain? Any tips for other places to stay on the hill?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

3decks

One of Us
Feb 1, 2002
Hadnt noticed SCEGs before. Can you ski from there down to Blue Ribbon after crossing the road? Through the trees would do.

Alternatively, how far is the walk from SCEGs to the top of Blue Ribbon?

snowchasser

First Runs
Aug 15, 2009
VIC
i always liked staying at 'jack frost'. you can get a studio. not sure of prices these days. august is peak season. another option is dinner plain, 10 minutes away and on the mountain. google accommodation providers at hotham (there's several operators) and compare prices for studios, if you really want to stay in your own room. i like 'chalet hotham' personally for it's great location. not cheap though. if money is not an issue, go to 'Zirky's' for the best location. ski club east gippsl is a good option for your own accomm. without sharing at a reasonable rate. i always liked staying in the 'davenport area' of hotham and skiing down through the trees to get to blue ribbon. should be good to do that late august.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using