Hotham Lodges - Recommendations?

meka

First Runs
Jun 30, 2011
Hi there,
I am looking at heading up to Hotham next month & will be looking at a share lodge - does any one have any recommendations on any of the better lodges to stay at(we don't mind paying a bit more etc)?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

gmc

First Runs
May 17, 2008
Early/Mid July Leeton Lodge has rooms available.. good, friendly family type lodge...

hhmm.."note to self" I must get more involved on this site..
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

meka

First Runs
Jun 30, 2011
Thanks all for the suggestions, will look into these - one of our group has also heard Gravbrots & Eiger are good, has anyone stayed at either of these or heard much about them vs the others mentioned?

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
cqen2l said:
sdsdc said:
Zirky's is another worth considering imo.

Zirky's isn't a lodge.

Eumarellah is one of the better lodges http://www.eumarellah.com.au very
cool.gif
place.

we stayed at Eumarellah for a weekend and were very happy with it. IIRC the bathrooms were shared and the rooms very small. But no chores, great common area and friendly vibe. cereal etc for brekkies was provided too.

ceebeer

First Runs
May 20, 2010
Gravbrot is great ... the bonus is all meals are included so you don't have to lug all your groceries up to the lodge. The bathrooms are shared and the rooms are small ... but who cares ...Very friendly atmosphere without being in your face.

Definitely go with a lodge though ...All of the above are all good suggestions ... I would stay at a lodge over an apartment any day ....

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
ceebeer said:
Definitely go with a lodge though ...All of the above are all good suggestions ... I would stay at a lodge over an apartment any day ....
absolutely
clap.gif

Darksidepoints

Hard Yards
Apr 21, 2009
Winter
I have only ever stayed at one, Asgaard cause I started looking in alphabetical order, and it was close to the Genny. It was great though, good prices, good facilities, friendly people. They were very welcoming to my group and happy to have some 'young people' about the place (we are all early 30's, but hey!)

They tried to downplay the place when I booked, saying it was small (it's not) but when I said we were all ex-staff from Spirals and Zirkys dungeon the woman on the phone said we'd be very happy there, hehe. Was a fair palace to us!

Azz

One of Us
Jun 16, 2006
East Gippsland, Victoria
Ski club of East Gippsland, dinner and breakfast, true ski in ski out on the side of the big d. pay to play wireless available
Private rooms, shared bathrooms. Awesome drying room. Book online
SCEG website

I have either stayed or visited all the lodges mentioned above and they have all been great
smile.gif

trappers

Safety not guaranteed
Ski Pass
Jul 28, 1999
An airport
www.owithalinethroughit.com
Trapdoor for me
wink.gif
http://www.trapdoor.com.au , book online and see current availabilities straight away and reasonably cheap (prob nopt cheapest however). Some rooms with ensuites and double beds, some bunk rooms with shared bath rooms. Open fire, awesome location right oposit Frosty's drop ski run, food stocked, fun, smiley faces and stuff
smile.gif

Stayed at numerous others and cant really fault any of the others mentioned in this thread. B'rush is a great lodge, but it is a bit of a walk. Gravbrot is just over from Trapdoor, in a good location ... perhaps also think about hangmans drop? Trapdoor's neighbour ... have stayed there numerous times too
biggrin.gif
http://www.hangmansdrop.com/

snowchasser

First Runs
Aug 15, 2009
VIC
I highly recommend the following lodges:
- Kalyna lodge (very close to the Big D and steps close to the bus stop, nice large rooms, great lounge/ kitchen area, very large lodge)
- Leeton lodge (Dargo court, very nice lounge with amazing views, good kitchen area with great facilities)
- Asgaard (great location, good rooms with ensuite)
- Shepparton lodge (ensuites/ good bedrooms, Dargo court)

I have found the booking officer at Leeton very quick to reply if this matters to you. It's all online anyway.

trappers

Safety not guaranteed
Ski Pass
Jul 28, 1999
An airport
www.owithalinethroughit.com

cqen2l

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2003
Northern Beaches
Eumarellah has a family room for 4 available for 5/7 nights from the 10th July if anyone is interested!

Eumarellah

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

ceebeer

First Runs
May 20, 2010
Gravbrot also now has a room available from 15th July for 2, 5 or 7 nights all meals, and munchies included .... bookings can be made through the website...

http://www.gravbrot.com/

lovehotham

First Runs
Aug 4, 2011
I stayed at sceg ski club of east gippsland 2 weeks ago, we will NEVER stay there again. its is in a great location but.. i will not go into it. see for yourselfs

ODNT

Part of the Furniture
Jul 28, 2010
sorry I though i told you I was married.....
grin.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using