1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Hotham ski improvement course

Discussion in 'Hotham & Dinner Plain' started by david chadderton, May 3, 2019.

1. david chadderton

david chadderton Hard Yards

Thinking about doing the 5 day ski improvement at Hotham. Wondering if anyone has done it and what you thought?

2. Crawf

Crawf Hard Yards

I've done it twice now and going back a third. Great instructors, and due to about 20 people doing it, they can break you into a group which will suit.

FatBoyDave likes this.
  3. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Was Camille (from Italy) one of the instructors? One of the best ski lessons I've had was with her.

4. FatBoyDave

FatBoyDave One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Is this the one you are talking about:
    https://www.skiingacademy.com/ski-improvement-course/

If so, totally recommend it. I've done it twice and my partner has done it once.
    The only possibly negative thing I'd say is if you are up there with other people and they aren't doing the course you won't really see them for the week. The course is pretty much an all in proposition, all day skiing in the group with lunches together with the group, apres drinks, and evening information sessions.

Positives: You get some of the best instructors on the hill, week long consistent feedback from the same instructor and video reviews (which you'll get at the end of the week as a take away). Plus some great off snow tips on equipment maintenance and ski buying tips.

When I did it the group sizes were ~4-6 to a group and there was 5-6 groups from intermediate to expert, so a range of abilities and speeds to match you up to.

I really enjoyed that it was an "all mountain" course in which we discussed and practiced different techniques and skills to tackle different terrain (and look good while doing it).