Separate names with a comma.
We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.
NOTE: This notice may be closed.
Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Nightskywatcher, Feb 8, 2021.
How are your plans going? This is more for those that travel.
Looking fwd to Easter in jindy.
And 30 days or so in winter.
We are planning 2 weekends and a full week.
27th Aug - 3rd Sep
Just wondering how long I can hold out before i really need to take action and put money down.
Season pass + tent. Will be down most weekends.
I'm not that keen
Island Bend I expect. Might Sawpit Creek if bad weather or sleep in the car.
Lodge booking forms already submitted, Perisher. 2 x EPIC kiddy passes paid already.
Winter schoolies two weeks
Each kid gets a week off school to go skiing with dad in July/Aug.
Spring school hols.
Have the capability for camping at Island Bend for bonus weekend trips. But the planned trips really only leaves late Aug/early Sept for impromptu extra camping trips. But coming from the Illawarra, there is a limit to how many 1000 km trips down I like to do each winter and doing it for a weekend, even long is tough. First trip coming up this weekend for lodge working bee then another in March.
By the way, I'd like to find a ski buddy for my (will be) 14 yo daughter at Perisher for the school hols. She's a competent skier: blue runs no probs. Very friendly but would like to move on from skiing with dad and sister all the time. PM me if you may have a matching kid 13-16?? yrs old up for some ski adventures.
May be a option... Miss P is 14.
And is a firm blue skier and a teal snowboarder
Don't put money down.
a 'date' with you jinxed me!
My life (nothign to do with covid) is in the same limbo it was this time last year.
So i am currently planning nothing.
Will see what Thredbo offers, or a last minute Epic pass. If I'm able to ski this year.
Otherwise maybe ACL repair...
a season pass????
the last few years you have said nope, and caved!
I didn’t buy a season pass last year, deliberately so I would learn touring. Have always bought every other year except the year post break.
2 x seasons passes
3 peaks NZ
Accommodation will be a combination of the bomber 4 season tent I have yet to buy (@telecrag), Jindy North Shore, the car and whatever nights I can get from mates that have nice places. Hoping for a better cover for ski touring this year and less clear snow in Oct-Nov.
Season pass bought
New pants and boots purchased
New ski research underway
Waiting Till April 1 to book Lodge.
Same as every year. Likely looking at 17th July - 9th of August, but will be highly dependent on availability at the lodge.
Booked Japan for next year.
Just a couple of days for me this year
All booked and deposit paid
18 July to 25 July
8 to 29 August
12 to 19 September
Really need to buy a place, once childcare cost are no longer draining the bank balance.
Is that early 22 or early 23?
I was thinking Christmas 22 would be the earliest japan ski holiday...
I'm in limbo until I know what I can do with my (soon-to-be) 5 year old snowboarder. I didn't grab an Epic Pass this year, partly because of the uncertainty, and partly because I knew I was taking a redundancy in September and wouldn't have significant paid leave available.
Current priority is somewhere that he can do full day snowboarding lessons, and then proximity to Melbourne.
waiting for Disabled Wintersport to post their program in order to schedule my volunteering week, and my other week+½ will work around that
not sure where they're at after last year
otherwise a few Friday-Monday long weekends, depending on lodge availability
Contact signed, on snow 6 days a week.
Have Epic pass, but working on the other side of the hill. That’s not gonna work as well as I had planned is it?
Have my epic pass, planning to be down for most of the season, conditions permitting. I almost certainly will head somewhere else for July school holidays. My daughter has scheduled her wedding last week of August, peak season Otherwise should be around if there is snow.
I will look at what Thredbo offers this year as well. If they have a season pass product I’ll get that as well, just to give me a bit more flexibility. I have a feeling the crowds and chaos at Perisher this season are going to be Epic
28/12/21 - 08/01/22
I’m fully prepared to cancel if we need to. It’s all QFF flights
Not sure where this fits best so it’s in this thread.....
Our ski club with lodges at Perisher, Thredbo and CP opened bookings at the start of February. Earlier for some members but the majority in Feb.
The online booking system crashed due to the demand. I have been a member for over 35 years. It typically gets busy in peak periods but this time it was different. So much demand.
Point being with minimal international travel, I reckon a lot of folks will have cash to spend in our upcoming ski season. So I’d suggest to lock in accommodation while you can. Just IMO.
In terms of the intent of this thread......I hope to ski at every possible opportunity regardless of lifts etc. Here is hoping you all get your bookings and the ticketing system is favourable
Thanks for this comment, this was the sort of feedback I think we needed.
A winter on snow, hopefully including some NZ Heli days in August.
Currently holding overlapping work contracts, one for winter and one that may or may not clash with winter.
Winter will be very busy
What skis will you be using ?
Probably just doing weekend trips and camping or if we're lucky my girlfriend can pick up the odd shift with former employer and leverage the cheap staff accommodation,
Still would like to do a week at the start of August.
No passes. Pension income means I have to wait until next year to get the real cheap rate. However if I have lost weight and got fit then I would love a weekend or two with our two older grandsons.
Whoring myself out, so almost entirely Alpine. Especially since I'll be trying to get my Full Cert in Alpine.
Plans coming along well, a week each at Perisher, Hotham, Buller and Falls (Covid permitting). We'll likely do a few extra weekends at Perisher and maybe a day at Thredbo.
Van's solar has been upgraded and Diesel heater not too far off either.
Glad to see all problems are now 'fixed'.
Looking at a week or two with the trailer tent at the park near Perisher. Powered site means warmth plus heavy duty down quilts so happy to give it a go. Hoping to try out the place in a couple of weeks! Always been a Thredbo skiier before but looking forward to seeing what Perisher has to offer!
Just a broken market.
Nah will be fine - Tiff is doing the same thing.
Well Thredbo haven’t put their winter passes up yet so I’ve got nothing planned. Waiting for that and confirmation of their seasonal programs for the kids.
Once they are announced I’ll go in and we will look at every weekend and last week of school holidays. Camping at various spots in the park and we may even treat ourselves with a powered site during the school holidays.
Another thing for us is whether or not there will be leisure Center access with the pass. As that’s part of our routine and also showers for Saturdays.
If Thredbo’s offering are not palatable due to large price increases I might jump in late and get us epic passes.
edit: oh and I haven’t got a contract lined up for after this f/y. So if I’m not working I might fill time bum it on the slopes until I start a new gig.
Pulling the pin. Cabins are full but powered campsites are still free.
I need something to look forward to and now we're retired we are lookin forward to midweek skiing!
Agreed with this from my anecdotal view as well.
Our lodge in Smiggins opened bookings for A shareholders (I am one of these and there aren’t many) in January and I only got around to booking near the end of the A-exclusive period - isn’t normally a problem at all but this year there were a lot of bookings already made!
B shareholder bookings (which opened a couple of weeks ago) seem to have completely filled the lodge already for the dates I looked at, so any laggard shareholders or general public bookings (in normal years most weeks we have capacity for 30-50% general public, which we like/need as we make money on those bookings to help offset the lodge running cost) aren’t going to make it! That lodge is only booking to about 60% of normal bed capacity too this season out of an abundance of COVID safety caution.
I am selling my share in the other club (lodges in Guthega and Jindy - we have really hardly used them since the resorts merged and we just stay in Smiggins) and it was pounced on within a day of me asking the club to let any waiting-to-buy people know I was selling and I am trying to get the sale and transfer finalised for the new purchaser before bookings for that club open for the season as again it looks like there is a huge demand for accommodation there this season.
At the time of purchase despite the naysayer (the other half) I worked out that if I went to Perisher just a few times it would break even - and there’s plenty of “epic” people I would like to ride with, even if it’s later in the season.
The Rusutsu passes will also be used with any luck, making it a worth while investment.
So you think you are getting a day off
Are you working your winter job again this year ?
I’ve elected 6 day week post hols.
Seize the day.
There’s always Late September/early October