• Total voters

Interruptedbyfireworks

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2018
Queanbeyan, NSW
Because this thread is in the Perisher Forum, Yes :rolleyes:
Lol, be nice! I didn't even realise this was in the Perisher sub-forum

Long time lurker, first time poster, and baby skier (Started August 2019 - have only skied 10 days or so since)

Booked in Thredbo 4 days in late July, NZ (QT) 6 days in early Sep, and hoping for a few Melb weekend trips with Mt Buller (never been!), fingers crossed for a 2022 japan break too

Haven't seen any mentions of IKON here - am I the chump?
Welcome to the forums :) You'll find some mention of IKON in the Thredbo thread (along with heaps of other random stuff because we can't seem to ever stay on topic LOL)

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaldtown
my lodge in Jindy has only recently opened bookings for members, and I think about nowish it's open for others
I got into trouble for asking for too many days, but I can apply for the rest later
it all has to fit around my Disabled Wintersport commitments
on which subject, if anyone has ever considered volunteering with DWA, now is a good time to think more seriously about that
poking around in their website might help persuade you

danski_li

Hard Yards
Aug 26, 2019
Canberra
So have most people arranged their plans for a top-heavy season e.g. June, July & August skiing, or a bottom-heavy season July, August & Sep?

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
So have most people arranged their plans for a top-heavy season e.g. June, July & August skiing, or a bottom-heavy season July, August & Sep?
Being from Brisbane I’m a holiday skier.
This year is a week in August (second week of that month) and a week in NZ looking for corn. Thinking last week of September. Still deliberating whether I’ll go to Ruapehu or Queenstown.

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Being from Brisbane I’m a holiday skier.
This year is a week in August (second week of that month) and a week in NZ looking for corn. Thinking last week of September. Still deliberating whether I’ll go to Ruapehu or Queenstown.
If only a short trip, go south. Weather better. Southern fields also usually have a spring season pass for about $500 bucks starting September.

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Ok so week long booked from the 12th of July and around the following week we are back up for interschools.

other than that we have booked every second weekend, master Zac’s football is 8:30am this year so we are planning to just head up straight after the game and will be in snow by 12 something. Ski to last lifts then back up the following day.

I think we have 30ish days planned at this stage.

we are also planning something different with the kids ski lessons. Neither have been keen on Dev squad’s as they aren’t keen on the every weekend thing. So we are in the process of booking @dawooduck for a series of lessons as we figure the cost will be similar (actually a bit less) and whilst they don’t get as much one on one time it will be a little more direct instruction.

Reactions: DidSurfNowSki
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Now that my shoulder reconstruction has been deferred to 23 June, with a pre-op consult on 17 June, an early season slide is a definite possibility.

I just need to decide whether to lock in 17th to 22nd or hold out for a possible early opening, given that QBW is very late this year and there seem to be some cold fronts on the way.

7th to 16th would be very nice if conditions permit.

Snagged the Epic pass last night with ½ hour to spare before the $100 price rise.

Reactions: Goanna

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
Now that my shoulder reconstruction has been deferred to 23 June, with a pre-op consult on 17 June, an early season slide is a definite possibility.

I just need to decide whether to lock in 17th to 22nd or hold out for a possible early opening, given that QBW is very late this year and there seem to be some cold fronts on the way.

7th to 16th would be very nice if conditions permit.

Snagged the Epic pass last night with ½ hour to spare before the $100 price rise.
What the expected recovery time for your shoulder? I thought an EPIC might be a bit presumptuous.

Marty McSly

Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
And FWIW Perisher hadn't released day passes or pricing as of 2330 yesterday. And their site said something along the lines of "We don't anticipate needing a reservation system like last year, but if we do, it will prioritise Epic Pass holders".

And if I really wanted to be an arsehole, I could get a certificate from my surgeon the day of the op, stating that I wouldn't be able to ski for 4 to 6 months, and get a pro-rata refund for the rest of the season

But I'm not that much of an arsehole.

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
And FWIW Perisher hadn't released day passes or pricing as of 2330 yesterday. And their site said something along the lines of "We don't anticipate needing a reservation system like last year, but if we do, it will prioritise Epic Pass holders".

And if I really wanted to be an arsehole, I could get a certificate from my surgeon the day of the op, stating that I wouldn't be able to ski for 4 to 6 months, and get a pro-rata refund for the rest of the season

But maybe you are, but aren't really telling

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020

My guess would be that as you had used your pass for 5 days (?), your pro rate would not be very generous.

Reactions: Ozgirl

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Probably something about pre-existing conditions too. Insurance fraud :thumbs:

My expertise is in life insurance, not general insurance - but the duty of disclosure only applies to cover that you have specifically applied for. Given that this is complementary cover where there is no direct application/underwriting made prior to purchase, there is no option to disclose any foreseeable issues.

Marty McSly

Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011

And a further tweak. I already had a pre-op consult when my surgery was scheduled for 21 April. So I rang the surgery today and asked if I needed another one.

It turns out that I don't, so the receptionist kindly cancelled it.

That gives me a clear window from season opening (or the 7th of June, if conditions permit opening up to a week early) until about lunchtime on the 22nd, to get some runs in.

Back to the Weather subforum!

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
My expertise is in life insurance, not general insurance - but the duty of disclosure only applies to cover that you have specifically applied for. Given that this is complementary cover where there is no direct application/underwriting made prior to purchase, there is no option to disclose any foreseeable issues.
Refer 6e
8E94CEAC-68EB-4E0B-A18B-DDF145C7E636.jpeg

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
It's a moot point FFS...

Despite the moot point, it's a good thought exercise. The key qualifier there is the phrase "time you purchased your pass" - now, I am not a lawyer, but I can only assume that would mean when you made your first payment, rather than when the outstanding balance was settled in full, so if the medical condition in question arose after the time of initial purchase, you're golden.

It's also still not fraud to submit an application for payment - as long as you are honest in relation to the circumstances giving rise to a claim.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

Marty McSly

Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
so if the medical condition in question arose after the
I'd be rather tarnished then. I didn't put down an early deposit because I didn't anticipate skiing at all this year. I paid in full on Tuesday night.

And with the prospect of getting a week's skiing in, even June skiing, I'll well and truly get my money's worth out of the pass. All good. :thumbs:

Marty McSly

Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
it's a good thought exercise.
Yes indeed. For someone in my position, hypothetically, it would be arguable that Clause 6E didn't apply.

Technically, the pre-existing condition (rotator cuff tear) doesn't prevent me from skiing. The operation to repair the tear does, as my arm will be immobilised in a sling for 6 weeks, then require intensive physio to restore the range of movement and strength. As the operation will take place more than a month after I purchased the ticket, it's not a pre-existing condition.

But as I said, I'm not enough of an arsehole to try that on. I'll be content with whatever I can fit in before the op.

Mr. Mook

One of Us
May 21, 2001
Macquarie Fields, NSW
Well that's me out this year.
single person on a limited budget I just can't afford or justify the accommodation prices being asked - even for 3 days.
work commitments prevent me from going in the off peak periods when prices are lower.
I used to go every year, but because of injury & covid my last snowboarding trip was 2018.
Unless prices drop it will be my last.
:(

Reactions: Jonathan_P

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
single person on a limited budget I just can't afford or justify the accommodation prices being asked - even for 3 days.
work commitments prevent me from going in the off peak periods when prices are lower.
I used to go every year, but because of injury & covid my last snowboarding trip was 2018.
Is Ski Rider any help?

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Next year probably back to normal programming, maybe, but I know what you mean also looking at a solo trip.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
I'd be rather tarnished then. I didn't put down an early deposit because I didn't anticipate skiing at all this year. I paid in full on Tuesday night.

And with the prospect of getting a week's skiing in, even June skiing, I'll well and truly get my money's worth out of the pass. All good. :thumbs:
Marty is legit.
There would never be scamming happening here.
Just the love of skiing.

Ive got 2 Epic Passes - thankfully bought at their cheapest. However with PB now having to spend much of his time in Perth, and me working on the other side I’m not anticipating much use of the Epic Passes. Hoping I can rack up 5 days for me, and at least a single use for him. But I’ll be defs looking for people wanting the Bring a Mate allocations so they’re not a complete waste!

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Jacinta is opening a travel bubble to NZ :) 2 week trip mid-August booked :) Any other trips across the ditch will be on the spur of the moment.
Looks like I'll be doing a couple of trips to Thredbo to ski with the broken bindings crew.
If I win lotto, will book an alpine ski instructor for a day at Perisher... you know who you are :p
Have ordered a 4 season tent, hope to get out for some overnight BC goodness

Need some cold nights in June for some snow-making to ski the flatlands.
Perisher opens this weekend, might go up and ski the V8 and magic carpet.
If the travel bubble to NZ is still open, going across the ditch to ski Mt Hutt for the QBLW
Skiing Thredbo for 4 days straight after the school holidays end in July.
Skiing Perisher/Thredbo on weekends.
If the travel bubble to NZ is still open, going across the ditch to ski 2 weeks in August in Mt Hutt/The Remarkables/Coronet Peak
Do my first BC overnight ski trip somewhere + gear test new 4 season tent and sleeping pad, probably out the back of Guthega
Do a BC overnight trip out of Thredbo with broken bindings crew
Ski BC until the snow disappears

Quite an optimistic schedule :)

With events in the news, subject to change at late notice !

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Perisher opens this weekend, might go up and ski the V8 and magic carpet.
If the travel bubble to NZ is still open, going across the ditch to ski Mt Hutt for the QBLW
Skiing Thredbo for 4 days straight after the school holidays end in July.
If the travel bubble to NZ is still open, going across the ditch to ski 2 weeks in August in Mt Hutt/The Remarkables/Coronet Peak
Do my first BC overnight ski trip somewhere + gear test new 4 season tent and sleeping pad, probably out the back of Guthega
Do a BC overnight trip out of Thredbo with broken bindings crew
Ski BC until the snow disappears

Quite an optimistic schedule :)

With events in the news, subject to change at late notice !
You've missed the Clubbies. Theyre the best thing about NZ resort skiing.

Reactions: DidSurfNowSki

Marty McSly

Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Jindabyne/Perisher early season prices are insane this year. Supply and demand, I guess, and making up for last year.

I hope it's just a blip for a year or two. It's hard to get my head around pricing between QBW and the school holidays that's pretty much on par with peak season pricing 2 or 3 years ago.

And so many places booked out the weekend after QBW. o_O Looks like weekends will be mayhem right from the get-go.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass