1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

How can you identify dodgy climate data ?

Discussion in 'Alpine & Southern' started by markopolo, Nov 20, 2006.

1. markopolo

markopolo Naughty Corner Resident Ski Pass: Gold

#1 markopolo, Nov 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  2. Majikthise

Majikthise Sage Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

well it's clear that LJH gets an RSS from that page....

i'd suggest folk do some judicious googling on the Idso clan, the family behind that wonderfully informative page. Not surprisingly they appear as a line item here

and were signaturies to this bit of work- Open Letter -Interfaith Stewardship Alliance which contains this cracker..

My emphases..

“Along with all the benefits we derive from economic use of energy, another consideration- a Biblical/theological one- points in the same direction. The stewardship God gave to human beings over the earth- to cultivate and guard the garden (Genesis 2:15) and to fill, subdue, and rule the whole earth (Genesis 1:28) – strongly suggests that caring for human needs is compatible with caring for the earth. As theologian Wayne Grundem put it. {worth a google in his own right it has to be said} “It does not seem likely to me that God would set up the world to work in such a way that human beings would eventually destroy the earth by doing such ordinary and morally good and necessary things as breathing, building a fire to cook or keep warm, burning fuel to travel, or using energy for a refrigerator to preserve food.†“

So basically the good book says the planet is ours to screw over and the lord will provide… the world is full of scary people, these are but some of them!!!

#2 Majikthise, Nov 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013