How strict is Qantas re. boots?

Cat_Herder

Hard Yards
Jan 12, 2015
Quick question about gear on a flight. Coming back from NZ with two sets of skis (not an issue, did that on the way here), but now two sets of boots. Space in my luggage means I can't really fit a pair in there, so my plan was one set of boots in my backpack, then just carry the other pair with me. Will they give me grief? I know the rule is one set of boots and skis per passenger so don't really want to show up the airport and get hassled

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Quick question about gear on a flight. Coming back from NZ with two sets of skis (not an issue, did that on the way here), but now two sets of boots. Space in my luggage means I can't really fit a pair in there, so my plan was one set of boots in my backpack, then just carry the other pair with me. Will they give me grief? I know the rule is one set of boots and skis per passenger so don't really want to show up the airport and get hassled
Carry on = 7kg, just stay inside this and you should be OK.

Make sure the boots do not smell of feet.

Reactions: dawooduck

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
It does help to have them in a bag so the buckles & stuff do not catch on other folks bags and stuff in the lockers.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Though seriously I’ve only ever been asked once about the number of sets of gear were in my bag. That was returning from Japan with JAL. Was asked, replied 1 set. Small Japanese lady carted my heavy ski bag containing mine and 2 kids gear to oversize.

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
Assuming you are travelling in baggage class, I'd suggest it depends on how busy the flight is.

If its very busy they will look to enforce the 1 carryon/7kg/specific dimension

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass