Advice needed I need some cheap ski gear

Moondog55

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 2014
For my old mate JustinCase

I'm a pretty poor skier and my knees are not what they were, actually very little of me is what it used to be.
BUT
I'm getting a Falls Creek Grandads pass this coming season and I thought it would be fun to use Alpine gear for some of the runs rather than my Telemark because I realise that I will never get the hang of swift changes on steeper slopes. Hell even Wombats was hard some days.
I have reasonably large feet, wide forefoot and very skinny ankles and previous boots were Raichle Flexon Extreme and the narrow Lange X09. Impact has made my arches fall and I really have gone from a 29.5 to a 30 Mondo.
Lack of ready cash means it needs to be cheap or second hand.
Asking for recommendations on ski types/ boots because I haven't bought skis for 25 years and I didn't buy those Full Tilts when I had the chance 3 years ago.

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Boots will be the issue, as I'm sure you are aware. But which bindings do you have on existing skis? I've found Axl bindings v satisfactory for Parallel and tele.

Moondog55

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 2014
I'm thinking more about Alpine skis and bindings, I have one old set of skis in the shed with Salomon bindings fitted but I've never skied them, I paid $50- as I wanted the poles and the really good ski bag that came with the deal. Touring and Telemark I am good to go.
Getting good S/H boots is going to be a problem I know but I have very little idea of what to look for in a beginners/ intermediate ski these days

Moondog55

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 2014
I guess I'm putting feelers out there in case somebody has suitable gear they want to move on prior to an upgrade.
Happy to go down in ski length etc: Doesn't need to be good stuff just skiable for a few runs this coming season. I don't think my knees will good after this year

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass