If you want to go to Japan in the 2023 snow season even if borders are not open to solo tourists

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
Many people still seem to want to go to Japan in the 2023 snow season even if borders are not open to solo tourists.

There are ways to do this. Seemingly, you can only do this if you go on a Japanese run tour, with restrictions such as needing to follow the tour guide around everywhere, and not have any choice about mountain, run or where to eat. This is NOT attractive for most people here.

If you are interested in other ways, let me know and I'll create a PM and invite multiple people.

Let me know if you want me to invite you into the PM.
(don't send me a PM, I will get deluged!!!!)

Balsta

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 11, 2012
Well I have flights booked for Feb 2023, so I’m definitely interested. Thanks Sandy.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaldtown
Many people still seem to want to go to Japan in the 2023 snow season even if borders are not open to solo tourists.

There are ways to do this. Seemingly, you can only do this if you go on a Japanese run tour, with restrictions such as needing to follow the tour guide around everywhere, and not have any choice about mountain, run or where to eat. This is NOT attractive for most people here.

If you are interested in other ways, let me know and I'll create a PM and invite multiple people.

I’d be very interested in anything that makes it possible - really don’t want to cancel bookings again
I have eight [possibly more] people who have slightly different travel plans between 25.1.23 and 28.2.23, intersecting in different combinations at Shiga Kogen, Nozawa Onsen and Hakuba
could be tricky making a group!

mrdugong

First Runs
Jul 22, 2022
Super interested, have been wanting to experience the japow for years at this point

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

mannyk

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 13, 2014
Gold coast

Yes please

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Please invite me in to the PM group @Sandy. Asking for a friend ( my wife) and yours truly. Targeting February for good snow, fewer people and maybe some sunshine.

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
I’m committed to Europe in January but might do a spring trip. Please include me.

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Thinking about what a difference it will make to little old me if Japan opens, if you scale that up to the entire breadth of the industry the impact is enormous.
As I was reading this thread I was thinking you'd find this one interesting research data!

Reactions: CarveMan

Gregah

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2016

Yes please. Thanks.

SEJ

Hard Yards
Apr 13, 2011
Interested. I can get a family visa, but interested in other ways also.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
I’ll pass this info on if that’s ok. Met a DWA guide today who is booked for Nozawa then Rusutsu on a personal trip who might like a back up option.

Hyst

Enjoyer
Ski Pass
Nov 23, 2014
Copenhagen
www.ahmadjoudeh.com
Just to get original Koseki is a big work.

Good one first collects skis after emigration.
I could have some difficulties explaining skiing with 89 years old for 30 days.
Hope we will make it this winter.

Reactions: Marty McSly

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
I assume you have a focus on Honshu? We’re currently booked to Sapporo but can always change that if necessary. Count me in

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using